Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Hockey as part of the Winter Classic

Originally posted by blockski View Post
    In Minnesota, either Target Field or TCF Bank Stadium would work. Given the choice, I'd take the football stadium - more symmetric sight lines, larger capacity, etc.

I hadn't thought about beer sales, but that's definitely an issue to consider.
    And if worse comes to worse, Mariucci is right next door to TCF (concerns about 3 games on the same ice, weather, etc).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

plus the start time has been 130p/2p, so if you are moving out west that is earlier local for eastern tv.

and a double header may not be what they want.... but if you say, "no way are we banging out coors field for just an avs game...so let's add DU and CC", that doesn't help.

fenway has been raking in money by the boatload with this... those lights are on all the time and people can't wait to rent out the ice at ridiculous rates.

..and yes, you have to look at baseball or otherwise empty football (college) stadia
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        plus the start time has been 130p/2p, so if you are moving out west that is earlier local for eastern tv.

and a double header may not be what they want.... but if you say, "no way are we banging out coors field for just an avs game...so let's add DU and CC", that doesn't help.

fenway has been raking in money by the boatload with this... those lights are on all the time and people can't wait to rent out the ice at ridiculous rates.

..and yes, you have to look at baseball or otherwise empty football (college) stadia
        That's what I have heard... What are they getting for ice time?
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          That's what I have heard... What are they getting for ice time?
          IIRC, DU gets $400-500 for 2 hours, and Mariucci is four figures for 2 hours. So I think you could guesstimate Fenway's rate.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Fenway gets 10large per hour

Comment

That's about what I figured.
              Insane. It'd be awesome to play there, but insane.

Comment

The reasoning is "get 20 guys to play and it's ONLY $500 each to play a game at fenway".

Comment

The reasoning is "get 20 guys to play and it's ONLY $500 each to play a game at fenway".
                  And the whole "I got to play at Fenway" deal.

I have to admit, while I didn't play in the poster's game at DU (I was a photographer) it was pretty cool to get on the ice/etc, and see the arena/go behind the scenes in the locker rooms.

Comment

According to Kevin Paul Dupont in this morning's Boston Globe the 1/1/11 Winter Classic game will be at Yankee Stadium between Rangers and Capitals.

His reports are usually authoritative.
                    Maine coach Red Gendron said:
                    “We’re not satisfied unless we win, that’s the bottom line. There are no moral victories. If we were to play a season for just moral victories, why even bother playing?”

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                      I think a double header of DU vs CC and Avalanche vs Red Wings would certainly sell out Mile High Stadium here in Denver.
                      That would be a great Winter Classic... although I bet it would be on 2 different days...

Comment

Originally posted by AMcoffee View Post
                        According to Kevin Paul Dupont in this morning's Boston Globe the 1/1/11 Winter Classic game will be at Yankee Stadium between Rangers and Capitals.

His reports are usually authoritative.
                        I doubt that. The inaugural Yankee bowl is scheduled to take place on 12/29/2010. So that would not give much time for set up. They could do the game though at Citi field or they could somehow try to get the Big East 4th(although they will probably try and get either Rutgers or UCONN for inaugural) and Big 12 7th to agree to move it which I doubt they would.

Comment

$10,000K to $30,00K.
                          Originally posted by mookie1995
                          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

If there's ever a Winter Classic in NY, they should play it on the flooded parking lot of Commack Arena.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

iirc TCF can provide alchohol depending upon the event.

Comment

Originally posted by CHFAN222 View Post
                                I doubt that. The inaugural Yankee bowl is scheduled to take place on 12/29/2010. So that would not give much time for set up. They could do the game though at Citi field or they could somehow try to get the Big East 4th(although they will probably try and get either Rutgers or UCONN for inaugural) and Big 12 7th to agree to move it which I doubt they would.
                                They absolutely will not move the bowl. And there's no way, unless they agree to move the bowl game to after New Year's and take the rink down or something like that, but that again is an unlikely scenario. The only other option seems to be Citi Field which would royally suck. Nice park, but the area is such a wasteland that it'd detract from the event. Only other choice there would be to make the bowl game earlier, as in the 20th or something and allow 10 days for the rink. Even then, that would be cutting it close and I doubt they want to play that bowl on December 20th.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X