Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Fenway - BU / BC 1/8/10

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Then I guess Cornell has an inferiority complex with regards to BU. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they still chant "Screw (That night's opponent) and BU too."

BU: Envy of Ivy
    Good point.

While I agree with Scarlet that is more fun tradition than anything else. However, it is being overused in non-BC games and can partially see NP's argument also at least in perception.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      That's not an inferiority complex. It's a fun tradition. A stupid one, but still, it is what it is. Too bad you guys have no history or rivalry with anyone to compare it to. You guys just swear at random.
      No; That would be Umass fans.
      sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
        Good point.

While I agree with Scarlet that is more fun tradition than anything else. However, it is being overused in non-BC games and can partially see NP's argument also at least in perception.
        The problem is... that I think even a pretty high percentage of BU fans would agree that it has somehow become a tradition... but not really a fun one.

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
          No; That would be Umass fans.
          The poster who Scarlet was responding to is a UMass fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            C) CVS in downtown crossing next to Macy's (and I would assume others) has those little foot and toe warmer packets on sale for 99 cents a pair.
            The CVS on Boylston Street had them for $1.69. They were out of the hand warmers - those were .99. I'm going to a different one on the way home to see if they have any left.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
              The poster who Scarlet was responding to is a UMass fan.
              I guess I probably should have been able to figure that out on my own.
              sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                BU on the other hand has no such inferiority complex. It's not like they chant "BC Sucks!" after every goal no matter who they're playing .
                Apparently we need to start an "I wish my team was playing at Fenway this Friday" thread so you, the Northeastern clowns, and any other wannabes can all hang out. Maybe Hokydad can join in and talk about how great Cannata was this weekend.

Back to the game, I agree on the note about choppy ice helping BU. BC woefully outskated us a few weeks ago.
                time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  The CVS on Boylston Street had them for $1.69. They were out of the hand warmers - those were .99. I'm going to a different one on the way home to see if they have any left.
                  You're right. Looking at my receipt it's $1.69 for the toe warmers. My bad. Still a good price, though. edit - think they still had the hand warmers over here in downtown crossing but not sure as I didn't get those. I can always pick up a pair for you if you need me to.
                  Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-04-2010, 01:16 PM.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Explain to me how these guys claimed this ice was as good as the best ice in the NHL before the game started and the puck was bouncing non-stop and they players looked like they were skating on sandpaper.

That just doesn't make sense to me.
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Those toe warmers don't really work. I tried to stuff them into my boats at the stillers playoff game vs ad last year--- nothing done.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        Apparently we need to start an "I wish my team was playing at Fenway this Friday" thread so you, the Northeastern clowns, and any other wannabes can all hang out. Maybe Hokydad can join in and talk about how great Cannata was this weekend.

Back to the game, I agree on the note about choppy ice helping BU. BC woefully outskated us a few weeks ago.
                        I'm quite glad Northeastern's not playing. This way, if the weather is really crappy, I won't feel like I have to sit through the game...and if it's nice enough, it'll just be a fun time at a hockey game in which I don't care who wins or loses.

And if it's really bad and the game is postponed, I'll have a few tickets for sale....

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                          I'm quite glad Northeastern's not playing. This way, if the weather is really crappy, I won't feel like I have to sit through the game...and if it's nice enough, it'll just be a fun time at a hockey game in which I don't care who wins or loses.

And if it's really bad and the game is postponed, I'll have a few tickets for sale....
                          Right... Nice dismount.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            Those toe warmers don't really work. I tried to stuff them into my boats at the stillers playoff game vs ad last year--- nothing done.
                            These things are hit or miss. Some are duds in my experience. I've had some work great, though. Of course, LL Bean Primaloft lined boots will do the trick so I'm not too worried.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                              I'm quite glad Northeastern's not playing.
                              HA. Sure you are. If NU was in this thing you'd be hopping around here like this was the greatest thing ever. I don't know you, but I'm quite comfortable saying that every NU fan would like to see their team involved in this for the men's game. Huge exposure for a program and a heck of an event in its own right.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                You're right. Looking at my receipt it's $1.69 for the toe warmers. My bad. Still a good price, though. edit - think they still had the hand warmers over here in downtown crossing but not sure as I didn't get those. I can always pick up a pair for you if you need me to.
                                No worries. I go by two CVSs on my way home. One of them is bound to have them. Thanks though!!

Comment

Working...
                                X