Re: Frozen Fenway - BU / BC 1/8/10

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    NESN and NHL Network.
    That's what I needed to know. Thanks.

And

Who hates BC?
    BU hates BC!
    Brenthoven: I'm indifferent! clap clap clapclapclap

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      BU sucks.

No, but really. BU sucks.
      yeah, we kinda do
      time to write new history

Comment

This venue will help BU. Hard, choppy (snow covered?) ice will slow the game down. Advantage BU.

Having said that, I don't see BC losing three in a row.

Off to buy more layers and handwarmers.
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          I should add it's really cool that you keep BU in lowercase.
          Inferiority complex runs deep over at NU.
          Fighting the good fight

Comment

Originally posted by SPIN CONTROL View Post
            Inferiority complex runs deep over at NU.
            BU on the other hand has no such inferiority complex. It's not like they chant "BC Sucks!" after every goal no matter who they're playing .
            #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
              BU on the other hand has no such inferiority complex. It's not like they chant "BC Sucks!" after every goal no matter who they're playing .
              That's not an inferiority complex. It's a fun tradition. A stupid one, but still, it is what it is. Too bad you guys have no history or rivalry with anyone to compare it to. You guys just swear at random.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                You should probably be more condescending to a school which is harder to get in to than bu.
                Ha! That's like being the slimmest girl in the BU section of the Beanpot. Not saying much...

For you folks looking to get warm, a few deals out there.

A) Some types of ski pants are on sale this week in some stores. Sports Authority (while an awful store) does have some on sale for 40% off. They are quite well insulated too as I picked up a pair and will be fine with a base layer underneath or long underwear. Dick's Sporting Goods also had some of that same stuff on sale. I would check both their circulars online and see what you can find.

B) Sports Authority also has Nike Pro Thermal shirts and leggings on sale for $29.99 (also 40% off). At least in the Marlboro store they did. This was NOT in the circular this week. I would put it a notch below underarmour coldgear for warmth but for the price it's a great baselayer for this type of event if you layer properly.

C) CVS in downtown crossing next to Macy's (and I would assume others) has those little foot and toe warmer packets on sale for 99 cents a pair.

See you all there. I've got a bad feeling about this game.
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 01-04-2010, 12:24 PM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  That's not an inferiority complex. It's a fun tradition. A stupid one, but still, it is what it is. ...
                  You can say what you want about this. But it definitely exudes an inferiority complex to outsiders. Even if you don't think it does and view it as tradition, the inferiority complex is still there anyhow so people put two and two together easily. And yes, it's a stupid tradition. It makes your students look like buffoons (as well as that knuckledragging cro-magnon Sasquatch) and honestly, if I was affiliated with BU, I would hope both traditions would end. As long as you're happy with them, though, and since I'm not affiliated with BU, I say let them stay and make BU look ridiculous!

Tradition is not a reason to act like a nitwit.
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    Ha! That's like being the slimmest girl in the BU section of the Beanpot. Not saying much...
                    Wait, they bothered to split up the Beanpot into sections? Shouldn't they just let BU have the whole thing all the time?
                    Boston University 2009 Champs
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

You can say what you want about this. But it definitely exudes an inferiority complex to outsiders. Even if you don't think it does and view it as tradition, the inferiority complex is still there anyhow so people put two and two together easily. And yes, it's a stupid tradition. It makes your students look like buffoons (as well as that knuckledragging cro-magnon Sasquatch) and honestly, if I was affiliated with BU, I would hope both traditions would end. As long as you're happy with them, though, and since I'm not affiliated with BU, I say let them stay and make BU look ridiculous!

Outside of the Sasquatch dig, I completely agree with you here. I've always hated the 'BC sucks' chants at games where BC is nowhere to be found as much as I hate 'Yankees suck' chants started at July Sox-Royals games. Sure I hate BC and the Yankees, but I'm really not thinking about them if they aren't in front of me.

I'm pretty sure when I started (00-01) the BC sucks hadn't completely crept into the post-goal sieve chant, and frankly, I think the combo of drums, arm movements and 'sieve' are much, much cooler than adding BC sucks into that celebration anyway.
                      I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Then I guess Cornell has an inferiority complex with regards to BU. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they still chant "Screw (That night's opponent) and BU too."

BU: Envy of Ivy
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 25 N Countin' View Post
                          Outside of the Sasquatch dig, I completely agree with you here. I've always hated the 'BC sucks' chants at games where BC is nowhere to be found as much as I hate 'Yankees suck' chants started at July Sox-Royals games. Sure I hate BC and the Yankees, but I'm really not thinking about them if they aren't in front of me.

I'm pretty sure when I started (00-01) the BC sucks hadn't completely crept into the post-goal sieve chant, and frankly, I think the combo of drums, arm movements and 'sieve' are much, much cooler than adding BC sucks into that celebration anyway.
                          Agreed... the "BC Sucks" chant is dumb... and adding it to the post goal sieve chat is even dumber.

Even when they play "The Song", I really wish the students would replace the "BC Sucks" with "whoever we are playing sucks"

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            Then I guess Cornell has an inferiority complex with regards to BU. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they still chant "Screw (That night's opponent) and BU too."

BU: Envy of Ivy
                            I guess so.

Although you do have to give them more credit since the cheer at least involves the team they're playing on that night. It's better than screaming "BC sucks" by itself.

And then you have to consider that there's probably never been a person that went to Cornell and bitterly got rejected by BU. So it is a bit different.

But yes, still stupid nonetheless. These conversations happen 30 times a season. Let's not rehash this crap now.

Comment

I guess so.

Although you do have to give them more credit since the cheer at least involves the team they're playing on that night. It's better than screaming
                              "BC sucks" by itself.

And then you have to consider that there's probably never been a person that went to Cornell and bitterly got rejected by BU. So it is a bit different.

But yes, still stupid nonetheless. These conversations happen 30 times a season. Let's not rehash this crap now.
                              GO NU!!!!1!!

I'm trolling...
                              Originally posted by Bakunin
                              Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                                Agreed... the "BC Sucks" chant is dumb... and adding it to the post goal sieve chat is even dumber.

Even when they play "The Song", I really wish the students would replace the "BC Sucks" with "whoever we are playing sucks"
                                Yeah, I'm more than happy to let the non-BC opponent know that they suck. It's the least I can do, really.

Even when it's like this year and we're more likely the ones that suck.
                                I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X