Have to question the Hockey East Goalie of the Month pick for December

They give the award to Lacasse from PC with these stats:

GP: 2 Record: 1-0-1 GAA: 1.44 Save %: .940

Compared with Herman from UNH with these stats:

GP: 2 Record 2-0-0 GAA 0.50 Save %: .981

What am I missing?

Bergey1
01-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Hmm. These awards always have a little bit of subjectivity (heck I thought Ott should have got it) but maybe the fact that Lacasse beat UNH and that's a pretty big deal. Also both of Lacasse's games were league games. For what it's worth I think they've missed the mark a couple times this season, but these awards don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. :)

vellnueve
01-03-2010, 01:38 AM
It's because Herman plays for UNH.

IceIsNice
01-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Hmm. These awards always have a little bit of subjectivity True, but..........

but these awards don't mean much in the grand scheme of things. :) Go ahead and tell that to the young woman who received it, or the young woman who feels she got overlooked.

Bergey1
01-03-2010, 11:32 AM
I meant in terms of team success of the season. Of course they mean things to the winner but I'm willing to bet that if UNH wins the NC Kayley Herman won't be thinking "Why wasn't I goalie of the month?!" *shrug*

scrambledlegs
01-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Have to question the Hockey East Goalie of the Month pick for December

They give the award to Lacasse from PC with these stats:

GP: 2 Record: 1-0-1 GAA: 1.44 Save %: .940

Compared with Herman from UNH with these stats:

GP: 2 Record 2-0-0 GAA 0.50 Save %: .981

What am I missing?

Wow! Seriously? We are now going to start complaining about individual player awards? Any award is subjective and I think you should take it as such.

There were plenty of times that i thought Lacasse earned Defensive Player of the Week this season but she didn't get it (after Wisconsin and UNH, specifically - maybe BU too :D). We just have too many great goalies in HE to recognize them all. However, I do think 1 win against UNH and a tie against BC definately puts her in the running.

I was taught to congratulate the winner and work harder - maybe that thought process doesn't exist any more.