DIII Posters' POTW for the week of 12/28-1/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIII Posters' POTW for the week of 12/28-1/3

As the holiday tournaments usher in a new semester for Division III hockey, that means it's also time for our weekly Player of the Week Poll. Happy New Year everybody!

Congratulations to Jon Whitelaw of #1 SUNY Oswego, who was named the USCHO Posters' D-III Player of the Week for the week of 12/7-12/13. Leading the team with 7 points in 3 games, he helped the team, which had arguably one of the most impressive first semesters in Division III, to finish the semester on a strong note, and carry the #1 ranking into the new year. Whitelaw and the rest of the Lakers look to kick off their second semester in the Oswego Pathfinder Bank Classic January 2nd and 3rd as they face off against Connecticut College and either Milwaukee School of Engineering or Elmira College. Should be an exciting weekend inn Oswego!

That's enough of the old business, now we move on to new business. As always nominations for POTW are due by 12pm ET Monday. Get 'em in, so we can kick off the semester right!
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Re: DIII Posters' POTW for the week of 12/28-1/3

Good Luck EC in Oswego this weekend. Should be a Great weekend to watch some top notch hockey. Plans were to be there and watch EC, for the the first time this season. Weather changed the plans, with no kid playing anymore. Either getting soft or depression with not having someone playing Soaring Eagle hockey. Everyone enjoy the weekend !! Wish I was there.
    GO EC!!!!!

Comment

I'll nominate Hamline's Spencer Anderson.

Anderson tallied a goal and two assists in Hamline's 6-5 win over Adrian on Friday. He then followed it up on Saturday with a hattrick and an assist for the Pipers.

4 goals, 3 assists, 7 points. 1 hattrick against the #4 team in the nation.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

What impressed me most about Plattsburgh's weekend was the balance in scoring. They scored 17 goals and yet when I went to try to find someone to nominate for POTW, no one person had a statistically great weekend. I think Saturday's game had 9 goals by 9 different guys. Impressive...
        Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
        2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz View Post
          What impressed me most about Plattsburgh's weekend was the balance in scoring. They scored 17 goals and yet when I went to try to find someone to nominate for POTW, no one person had a statistically great weekend. I think Saturday's game had 9 goals by 9 different guys. Impressive...
          Best I can find on the team:

Eric Satim 3-1-4
          Chris Wieland 2-3-5

I'm going to go ahead and nominate Wieland.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23

Comment

Those were anderson's first NCAA games as well.

Cards: you don't have to nominate someone from Plattsburgh you realize

I'd nominate Christian for Hamline, but no one who wasn't at those games would vote for him because his stats don't look pretty. Regardless, he had a couple great games this weekend, and his play was a main reason Hamline won both games.
            Last edited by one_to7; 01-03-2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post

I'd nominate Christian for Hamline, but no one who wasn't at those games would vote for him because his stats don't look pretty. Regardless, he had a couple great games this weekend, and his play was a main reason Hamline won both games.
              Where'd Anderson come from?
              GO LAKERS!!!
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Yeah, I do realize that. I was going to nominate someone from Potsdam, but I ran into the same problem there... no really impressive stats from any one player. So, I went with the team that I saw play, that I saw play extremely well, and that put up 17 goals on the weekend
                Plattsburgh CARDINALS

Comment

I'll answer my own question...Looks like Anderson had some stints in the OHL so he had to sit out a semester?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php?pid=93883
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

A year

Comment

A year
                      He didn't enroll at Hamline until the second semester last year?
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

I'll nominate Potsdam's Trevor O'Neil, he was named MVP of the Times Argus Tourney and deservedly so.
                        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

That'd be a year, wouldn't it?

Comment

That'd be a year, wouldn't it?
                            No duh.

I was asking if your smartarse knew why he didn't enroll till the second semester.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

'he didn't enroll at Hamline until the second semester last year?'

does not equal

'do you know why he waited to enroll until the second semester?'

you asked a yes or no question pretty clearly. Don't get ticked off because I didn't magically know what you meant to say.

I have no idea why he didn't enrolltill then. Finances? Finishing a season in the ohl? Not sure where he wanted to go? Backpacking in Europe? Joined the peace corps? Honestly the answer is probably that it was the earliest Hamline could get him into the school.

Comment

Working...
                              X