X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup: The 'Banks vs. The 'Rage

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Fairbanks to Watertown, NY
    Oh my gosh! Couldn't you pick somewhere warmer to relocate to? I gew up in that neck of the woods, (Beaver Falls), and their winters rival Fairbanks winters. Never been so cold in all my life.

I don't recall any ice hockey in upstate NY, do they have it now? I played field hockey, and BB was always big in Watertown.
    Last edited by Suze; 02-25-2010, 05:47 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Oh my gosh! Couldn't you pick somewhere warmer to relocate to? I gew up in that neck of the woods, (Beaver Falls), and their winters rival Fairbanks winters. Never been so cold in all my life.

I don't recall any ice hockey in upstate NY, do they have it now? I played field hockey, and BB was always big in Watertown.
      Don't remind me...I'm trying to see if I can get involved with the Syracuse Crunch even tho it's like an hour drive. I'm going to go crazy without hockey. I don't like heat and neither does my husband so we put down Fort Carson, CO...Fort Rich (yeah crazy I know but AK will always be home), Germany and then New York, in that order, so it sucks but with the job he's in now there are only so many available bases. And I know about the cold, when I visited Minnesota in October, 20 above and it was colder than Fairbanks would have been at that time. So I know New York is gonna be pretty bad too.

Comment

Don't remind me...I'm trying to see if I can get involved with the Syracuse Crunch even tho it's like an hour drive. I'm going to go crazy without hockey. I don't like heat and neither does my husband so we put down Fort Carson, CO...Fort Rich (yeah crazy I know but AK will always be home), Germany and then New York, in that order, so it sucks but with the job he's in now there are only so many available bases. And I know about the cold, when I visited Minnesota in October, 20 above and it was colder than Fairbanks would have been at that time. So I know New York is gonna be pretty bad too.
        Are you and hubby stationed at Fort Drum? Did you know that about 30 years ago the military moved much of their cold weather training from Greeley to Fort Drum, because NY was colder?
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Are you and hubby stationed at Fort Drum? Did you know that about 30 years ago the military moved much of their cold weather training from Greeley to Fort Drum, because NY was colder?
          Yeah, Fort Drum it will be. We leave March 20th and are driving there. But the great thing is is that I have a friend in Calgary who is going to get us tickets to a Flames game and then hopefully going to get to see a Blackhawks game when we go thru Chicago. And then being in New York, even tho NYC is like 5 hours away I'm hoping to see Chad play...and I'm planning a trip to Newark, NJ to see Gadowsky or if I can't make it there I'm hoping to see Princeton play a team closer by me.

What I dont understand is they are making my husband turn in all his cold weather gear, I mean he's switching jobs that won't really require alot of outdoor work (i dont think), but I'm sure he's still gonna have exercises and training outside.

Comment

SOOO, who's coming to Fairbanks on Saturday?? Hear its snowing in Anchorage, last I heard anyway from a friend in the airport. It's snowing here, or last I checked (been inside all day) so careful driving if you make the trip..wish SO bad I could make it to Anchorage tomorrow but work is work.

Comment

Sorry, it was disrespectful, and no amount of spin is going change that. Referring to Mike McDonald as an "old dead man" is really out of line. He was involved with a ton of charity causes in Anchorage, and was much loved by many people. What you wrote was just sad.
              Yep only disrespectful when it is against anything Anchorage. I never see you saying anything to Alaska Hockey with all of the garbage that spews from his mouth. He has said more disrespectful rediculous stuff than anyone on here, yet you have nothing to say there.
              All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

...........anyway, I hope for the usual........ two fast paced, clean, injury free games. Good luck to both teams. Is anyone coming from Anchorage? If so, please take your time, and drive slowly. It's snowing here for the first time in awhile. The roads are super slick from the warm weather we just had. I slide off the road the other day doing 65 in my F350 Super duty with a snow machine trailer. I was in 4 wheel drive, with locked hubs, so even with precautions it can happen. It was a little scary! So again take your time if you’re coming up! Same goes for Nooks fans coming or going!
                All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                  ...........anyway, I hope for the usual........ two fast paced, clean, injury free games. Good luck to both teams. Is anyone coming from Anchorage? If so, please take your time, and drive slowly. It's snowing here for the first time in awhile. The roads are super slick from the warm weather we just had. I slide off the road the other day doing 65 in my F350 Super duty with a snow machine trailer. I was in 4 wheel drive, with locked hubs, so even with precautions it can happen. It was a little scary! So again take your time if you’re coming up! Same goes for Nooks fans coming or going!
                  I am coming up, hoping for two good games as well, and if you are staying in Anchortown, i encourage you to go watch the lady seawolves against the nanooks at the wells fargo center.
                  Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

and as far as the dead man joke, who cares? at least he could sing the Alaska's flag song and know all the words, unlike the gentlemen in fairbanks who did it last year who skipped a whole stanza.
                    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

SOOO, who's coming to Fairbanks on Saturday?? Hear its snowing in Anchorage, last I heard anyway from a friend in the airport. It's snowing here, or last I checked (been inside all day) so careful driving if you make the trip..wish SO bad I could make it to Anchorage tomorrow but work is work.
                      I'm flying up Saturday afternoon. Anchorage got a pretty big snowfall on top of warm roads; downtown is pretty much a sheet of ice. Likewise if anyone's heading south tomorrow, be careful.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Ok, who stole your username and password. That's the first time I've ever seen you actually bother to type out "Fairbanks".
                        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          You forgot the fresh crown jewel for the region........... the Community Service Patrol. The CSP runs a van service that picks up chronic inebriates and transports them to appropriate facilities for care.
                          Didn't one of the Mayor's of _airbanks have his house built with Federal Funds?
                          Hate to break it to you, but Anchorage has the exact same CSP. I live downtown and they're in my neighborhood all the time.

And isn't the former mayor of Anchorage now under investigation for misuse of city funds?

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                            Also, Squarebanks i remember you making a post about your BBall calling for Clem Johnson out (or something like that) I think after last nights' game, you might wanna reconsider cause i haven't seen a Nooks team that good since Brad Oleason played.
                            I didn't go since I had a pretty good hunch what the final outcome would be, but everything I've read and heard indicates that our guys played their guts out last night, and for that I'm proud of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              Ok, who stole your username and password. That's the first time I've ever seen you actually bother to type out "Fairbanks".
                              Only because I was referring to the city and not the hockey team.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                                Beating UAA probably won't help in the PWR unless somebody in front of us stumbles.
                                Actually it would help us because UAa beat ND, DU and CC. All teams we lose to in the pairwise. So if we sweep UAa we'll beat North Dakota and tie us for 10th w/ MSU. Then if they win 1 game against Duluth we can move ahead of MSU. Then even if we do bad in the playoffs we are still in.

Comment

Working...
                                X