Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Alaska Airlines Governor's Cup: The 'Banks vs. The 'Rage

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    If any campus in the UA system should be whining about the lack of new construction, it's UAS.
    People go to UAS?
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      People go to UAS?
      Typical Anchorage attitude
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

[QUOTE=Squarebanks;4652291]Ok, enough of battling over funding and basketball. Puck drops in less than 48 hours. Here's my crack analysis and prediction.

Seawolves: UAA has had a bit of a February fade (in contrast to last season when they came on strong to finish out). I admittedly don't follow UAA too closely; I think any of my fellow Anchorage residents agree that the mainstream media here (that's you, Woody and ADN) make it almost impossible to follow in-state collegiate athletics. But hey, I sure do think it's great when high school track is on the front page of the sports section.

One thing I'll be interested to see is who starts in net for the Seawolves. Olthius seems to have won the battle with Christianson, but if my memory is correct it was Bryce who shut out UAF last year.

Coach Shyiak has admittedly had some pretty significant success against UAF; in all honesty beating your rival can always atone for quite a few other L's along the way. But it seems like over the last few years he's motivated UAA to get up for this series much more so than our guys have.

/QUOTE]

Actually, Last year, we came in with the same record in our last 4 games like we did this year (0-3-1). Didn't go on our lil end of a hot streak til we played you guys.
        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Also, Squarebanks i remember you making a post about your BBall calling for Clem Johnson out (or something like that) I think after last nights' game, you might wanna reconsider cause i haven't seen a Nooks team that good since Brad Oleason played.
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

The latest UAF Promo video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wmEF...layer_embedded

Comment

[QUOTE=seawolfpunk;4652750]
              Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              Ok, enough of battling over funding and basketball. Puck drops in less than 48 hours. Here's my crack analysis and prediction.

Seawolves: UAA has had a bit of a February fade (in contrast to last season when they came on strong to finish out). I admittedly don't follow UAA too closely; I think any of my fellow Anchorage residents agree that the mainstream media here (that's you, Woody and ADN) make it almost impossible to follow in-state collegiate athletics. But hey, I sure do think it's great when high school track is on the front page of the sports section.

One thing I'll be interested to see is who starts in net for the Seawolves. Olthius seems to have won the battle with Christianson, but if my memory is correct it was Bryce who shut out UAF last year.

Coach Shyiak has admittedly had some pretty significant success against UAF; in all honesty beating your rival can always atone for quite a few other L's along the way. But it seems like over the last few years he's motivated UAA to get up for this series much more so than our guys have.

/QUOTE]

Actually, Last year, we came in with the same record in our last 4 games like we did this year (0-3-1). Didn't go on our lil end of a hot streak til we played you guys.
              He has an incentive clause in his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by the U of Not Fairbanks View Post
                Who dumped the bears?
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Who dumped the bears?
                  So that's what made the bear mad enough to blow up the world.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    I believe the figure is somewhere around 80% of University construction funding has gone to UAA over the last ten years. Snip-its from a community perspective by Brian Rogers, University of Alaska Fairbanks Chancellor.

“...For the last two decades, most of the state’s investment in higher education has been in Anchorage: the University of Alaska Anchorage library, the UAA parking garage, the UAA integrated science building, the UAA health science building.

I don’t begrudge Anchorage the money, as it needs and deserves a good university. So does Fairbanks. It’s time for our state to invest in UAF.

Let’s take a look at some of the new buildings that have gone up on the Fairbanks campus during the past 15 years.

• We built the Biological Research and Diagnostics Building and the West Ridge Research Building — mostly with university-generated revenue.

• We built the UA Museum of the North — mostly with private contributions and some state money.

• We built the Student Recreation Center — with student fees.

• We completed the Akasofu Building, which houses the International Arctic Research Center — mostly with Japanese funds.

• We upgraded Poker Flat Research Range — with federal funds.

While we are proud of these accomplishments, it has been years since the state has invested heavily in facilities at UAF...”

But carry on. Forums exist so both sides of a story can be told, just not the one supported by facts.
                    You forgot the fresh crown jewel for the region........... the Community Service Patrol. The CSP runs a van service that picks up chronic inebriates and transports them to appropriate facilities for care.
                    Didn't one of the Mayor's of _airbanks have his house built with Federal Funds?
                    Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 02-25-2010, 05:26 PM.
                    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                      Also, Squarebanks i remember you making a post about your BBall calling for Clem Johnson out (or something like that) I think after last nights' game, you might wanna reconsider cause i haven't seen a Nooks team that good since Brad Oleason played.
                      That was a great game, UAA with the 81-78 win. It was great to see so many students there, and a lot of them with the Beat The Nooks t-shirts on. I hope all of those students show up at the hockey game.

What was up with the guy with the Seawolf head on the hockey stick, at a BB game? Too funny, but he was having fun.
                      Originally Posted by aparch
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post

No one cares about basketball..

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                          No one cares about basketball..
                          She's alive! Where have you been Amanda?
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            She's alive! Where have you been Amanda?
                            Busy...with school and then getting ready to move across the country.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                              Busy...with school and then getting ready to move across the country.
                              Okay, you are moving from where to where?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Okay, you are moving from where to where?

Fairbanks to Watertown, NY

Comment

Working...
                                X