Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
    Yeah. I think we'll get passed Lake State but a potential second round series at Munn would be quite interesting.
    About the only thing I'm looking forward to is at least 2 more games at Yost. Beyond that, I'm comfortable with whatever happens. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I'm prepared for it.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
      Beyond that, I'm comfortable with whatever happens. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I'm prepared for it.
      Seems like this team has come down with an incurable disease. No matter how many times you battle it week after week, it doesn't go away. We are prepared to accept the end of the season. No surprises here, no tears.

However, I don't want this season to end next week because of the #1 risk heading into the season without a true #2 backup goalie. Hunwick was the cure for the ND offense tonight with a few questionable goals, hopefully that's not the case for the ailing Lake State offense.

So Michigan finishes in 7th place in the regular season, with 14 wins, which is the same number of wins the 2nd place MSU team had. The difference is the ability to convert losses into tie games. M has had one tie in two seasons (only one OT game in two seasons!), while the teams that finished ahead of them had 5 or 6 tie games, plus the benefit of the artificial shootout points.

Comment

About the only thing I'm looking forward to is at least 2 more games at Yost. Beyond that, I'm comfortable with whatever happens. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I'm prepared for it.
        Couldn't say it any better.

Still looking forward to Hockey in Detroit, and since we've been to quite a few FF's w/o Michigan, this one will be nothing different. But it does suck that a mere 45 miles from your home, the Frozen Four will be taking place, and the season where you can get killer home ice advantage has not really been taken advantage of.

Oh, well.

I do hope quite a few of you still plan on playing in the Posters game.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
          Seems like this team has come down with an incurable disease. No matter how many times you battle it week after week, it doesn't go away. We are prepared to accept the end of the season. No surprises here, no tears.

However, I don't want this season to end next week because of the #1 risk heading into the season without a true #2 backup goalie. Hunwick was the cure for the ND offense tonight with a few questionable goals, hopefully that's not the case for the ailing Lake State offense.

So Michigan finishes in 7th place in the regular season, with 14 wins, which is the same number of wins the 2nd place MSU team had. The difference is the ability to convert losses into tie games. M has had one tie in two seasons (only one OT game in two seasons!), while the teams that finished ahead of them had 5 or 6 tie games, plus the benefit of the artificial shootout points.
          Well put. The artificial points aside, Michigan can only blame themselves- losing games at Yost to BG, NMU and MSU really hurt any chances for a bye. I can't say I have seen a worse second period this season- but there are plenty of candidates. And that doesn't even include the annual botched goal screwing from the CCHA officiating, which, at a stretch may have changed the momentum of this game.

Comment

agree

96/98 ncaa champsmeechigan wolves stanley cup chanpions the detroit red wings nd the detroit ****tons

Comment

I think I've accepted that Michigan hockey will end in 2 weekends.

Hopefully we'll beat Lake State. But after that it's off to play at Munn and while I could see it being a 3 game series, I don't see it favoring Michigan.

Since I don't believe Bowling Green or Western will pull off an upset, I'm stating Michigan will play State the following weekend. Unless Michigan loses to LSSU...as I belive that is more likely than a BGSU or WMU win.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

Comment

It's like you are getting ready for the death of a family member here.

Beating State in the playoffs isn't that hard, NMU's done it twice in a row.

Just take them to OT in game 3.

Some very dangerous teams (Michigan, UNO, Alaska) that could shake up the playoffs quite a bit.
                Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                  Some very dangerous teams (Michigan.....) that could shake up the playoffs quite a bit.
                  IMHO, that's being rather generous.

yes, they have the talent to do something. We just don't know what that something is....

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                    It's like you are getting ready for the death of a family member here.

Beating State in the playoffs isn't that hard, NMU's done it twice in a row.

Just take them to OT in game 3.

Some very dangerous teams (Michigan, UNO, Alaska) that could shake up the playoffs quite a bit.
                    Perhaps you're not familiar with Michigan's history at Munn. I think they've only won in East Lansing two times in the past decade. Yet they're suppose to win two in one weekend? Now you can understand our negative outlook
                    Michigan Hockey Net
                    Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                      Perhaps you're not familiar with Michigan's history at Munn. I think they've only won in East Lansing two times in the past decade. Yet they're suppose to win two in one weekend? Now you can understand our negative outlook
                      Perhaps we shouldn't discount LSSU, either.

I can't say with a straight face that Michigan can put two or three solid games together. Haven't done it all season. To think they can do it at Munn, with presumably a backup netminder, is ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        Perhaps we shouldn't discount LSSU, either.
                        + a bunch.

Our last "sweep" was against Bowling Green, with a loss to Wisconsin inbetween. Before that, Western (I don't count a SH loss a sweep), And before that, Lake State.

So only twice vs. the same team, in one weekend, have we won both games. That's pretty pathetic.

I seriously have my doubts that we need to make reservations in East Lansing....

Comment

Did we ever close out the 2007-2008 season thread? Maybe we can bump it in a couple weeks and see what happens next year.

Comment

Any TV for this weekend?
                            maize is just an arrogant shade of yellow

Comment

Originally posted by Gomer View Post
                              Any TV for this weekend?
                              Friday's game is supposed to be on Comcast ... Saturday's on Fox Sports Detroit.
                              http://livingwithinsects.files.wordp.../midge-001.png

Comment

Big Chill Seating Chart? Opinions! Can't wait for the game!
                                Seating Chart!

Also I have seen michigan when they are on, and I have seen them play when they are off! If they show up to play I can see them making it to the Semi's. Going to be Interesting to see them make a run without Hogan? They are saying doubtful for playoffs, do you think he will be back if they get past the first round?

Comment

Working...
                                X