SCSU Gets Four Free Points - MTU at SCSU, January 8-9, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU Gets Four Free Points - MTU at SCSU, January 8-9, 2010

bbdl: I'll talk to BPH tomorrow hopefully and figure things out. I know the Midget has been bugging me about the series, also, as I rode with her (with! important word!) last year.

I have the jersey. All I want is a drumstick. It's your guys' show, I'm just supporting cast.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      It's your guys' show, I'm just supporting cast.
      So you're... indifferent, some might say?

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
        So you're... indifferent, some might say?
        Naw. I'm cheering for ya, but I won't take the spotlight that is rightly mine, being a Gopher fan. I follow your lead.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Ok, crossover from the cafe, where brent and I started this conversation...

We're trying to figure out plans for St, Clooud. I am not sure how many will be there for Friday night, so I might either just drive up and back to the cities for Friday night, or just stay home altogether. I will be going up for the Saturday game, since brent, MNS and BPH? will be there...what are people's thoughts on getting a room at the cheapest hotel in St, Clooud, and packing about 6 people in it?
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Ok, crossover from the cafe, where brent and I started this conversation...

We're trying to figure out plans for St, Clooud. I am not sure how many will be there for Friday night, so I might either just drive up and back to the cities for Friday night, or just stay home altogether. I will be going up for the Saturday game, since brent, MNS and BPH? will be there...what are people's thoughts on getting a room at the cheapest hotel in St, Clooud, and packing about 6 people in it?
            6? Rookie.

Comment

6? Rookie.
              I've already had too many...ummm, experiences in hotel rooms with MNS to want to do more than 6.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I've already had too many...ummm, experiences in hotel rooms with MNS to want to do more than 6.
                Yeah, MNS always brings like 3 girls back to the hotel and starts doing them right on top of the mass of people sleeping. Not cool.

Comment

Unfortunately, I know about that. And that's one club I'm glad I'm not a part of.

Comment

IIRC, we stayed at the Kelly Inn a couple years ago for a buddy's bachelor party, and it was more expensive than it should have been, given the quality of space/actual room. Frankly, it was kind of a dump (it's located very close to the Red Carpet).
                    To elaborate on Brent's opinion, I also thought the Best Western was pricey ($120/night or so), but we didn't have a problem with our room and it was convenient as hell. Friend and I just walked a block or two back from the Dugout after Saturday's festivities.

The previous year I stayed on the other side of the river at the Thrifty Motel, which looks a bit shady but does have clean rooms, is quiet, and is only about $45/night. The only drawback is that it's not really within walking distance of downtown/bars, so you need a sober ride or money for a taxi if you plan to post-game.

To all the Tech/quasi-Tech fans going, have fun! I'll be there in spirits.

Comment

$34/night at the Motel 6!
                      It is a cab ride away from downtown, but if we put 6 in the room, after taxes and fees, it would be about $7 per person.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

$34/night at the Motel 6!
                        It is a cab ride away from downtown, but if we put 6 in the room, after taxes and fees, it would be about $7 per person.
                        I'd be in. Hell, I'd throw in $10.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          To all the Tech/quasi-Tech fans going, have fun! I'll be there in spirits.
                          x2 but I'll be drinking the spirits.

Comment

I'd be in. Hell, I'd throw in $10.
                            $10 would be good, if everyone throws in a 10, we'd probably have enough for a cab back from downtown!

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              The previous year I stayed on the other side of the river at the Thrifty Motel, which looks a bit shady but does have clean rooms, is quiet, and is only about $45/night. The only drawback is that it's not really within walking distance of downtown/bars, so you need a sober ride or money for a taxi if you plan to post-game.
                              The place on Highway 10 over by the semi dealership? Don't stay there...that place is a craphole.
                              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                The place on Highway 10 over by the semi dealership? Don't stay there...that place is a craphole.
                                It's St Cloud. Everywhere is a craphole.

Comment

Working...
                                X