***Mid-Season Posters Poll - December 29, 2009***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Mid-Season Posters Poll - December 29, 2009***

Here it is. 19 participants. USCHO Poll position in green.

Code:
    Team                     Points  (FPV)
    1.  Oswego 1               274    (12)
    2.  Norwich 3              243     (3)
    3.  Plattsburgh 2          239
    4.  St. Norbert 5          217
    5.  Adrian 4               211     (4)
    6.  Elmira 6               192
    7.  St. Scholastica 7      167              
    8.  Hamline 10             118
    9.  Williams 11            113
    10. Curry 9                107
    11. Middlebury 8            93
    12. Gustavus Adolphus 12    69
    13. Wentworth 13            52
    14. Salem State NR          48
    15. Wis.-River Falls 14     36 

Others Receiving Votes: Bowdoin 15, Wis.-Superior(15)15, Wis.-Stout 13,
    Manhattanville 12, Colby 9, Trinity 7, Fredonia 5, Lawrence 4, Tufts 4,
    Babson 3, Wis.-Stevens Point 3, Westfield State 3, Amherst 2,
    St. Olaf 2, Wis.-Eau Claire 2, MSOE 1, RIT 1
    Discuss.
    Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
    2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
    2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
    2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
    "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Re: ***Mid-Season Posters Poll - December 29, 2009***

Dammit. Atleast one person ranked Westfield 14th or two people ranked them 15th along with me.

somehow I knew that 1 vote was going to come for RIT.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

I had Westfield at 14th.

The only thing I really don't agree with is Middlebury in at 11. The only thing they've done so far this year is lose to Plattsburgh. They just haven't played enough games, which results in having 0 impressive wins. Salem looked very good when they came out west, so I think they should be higher than they are in the poll. Westfield's tie against Salem was a good indicator to me for ranking them; however, that does start with where you rank Salem.

Comment

I'm really surprised Utica didn't get a vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          I had Westfield at 14th.

The only thing I really don't agree with is Middlebury in at 11. The only thing they've done so far this year is lose to Plattsburgh. They just haven't played enough games, which results in having 0 impressive wins. Salem looked very good when they came out west, so I think they should be higher than they are in the poll. Westfield's tie against Salem was a good indicator to me for ranking them; however, that does start with where you rank Salem.
          As for Midd, the posters poll does have them 3 spots lower than the USCHO Poll.

As for Salem State, the posters ranked them and the USCHO Pollsters didn't. I think both your points are expressed by the differences in the polls.
          Wormser - Rowdy Crowd
          2008-2009 D-II/III Last Person Standing Champion
          2004-2005 D-II/III Last Person Standing Co-Champion
          2007-2008 D-II/III Last Person Standing Runner Up
          "...maybe I should be surprised about this, but then again, we are the Rowdy Crowd - everyone wants a piece. We are awesome." ~XYZ

Comment

Originally posted by Wormser-PointRC View Post
            As for Midd, the posters poll does have them 3 spots lower than the USCHO Poll.

As for Salem State, the posters ranked them and the USCHO Pollsters didn't. I think both your points are expressed by the differences in the polls.
            I like it - My computer rankings are in there as my vote (hopefully they have more credibility than the other set), but I see that everybody has Norwich/Plattburgh hard to separate - the 5th should be fun.

Adrian's game against Oswego should be the first real opportunity for Adrian to show where they really belong.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              Adrian's game against Oswego should be the first real opportunity for Adrian to show where they really belong.
              Or for Oswego to show if they can play vs an "unknown" good team...

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                Really ?
                Adrian are in their 3rd season, have played 68 games (63 wins) + 3 vs. the U18's (2 wins). I'm pretty sure most who have seen them play respect them and I don't think this one game will define "where they really belong".

The Hamline games are just as, if not more important.
                Oswego will provide great competition and a new experience, but definitely won't be the most important game the Bulldogs play this season.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                  Really ?
                  Adrian are in their 3rd season, have played 68 games (63 wins) + 3 vs. the U18's (2 wins). I'm pretty sure most who have seen them play respect them and I don't think this one game will define "where they really belong".

Oswego will provide great competition and a new experience, but definitely won't be the most important game the Bulldogs play this season.
                  As nice as those wins over the USA 18U Team are...they don't mean anything for NCAA purposes, which at the end of the day are the way you are judged nationally etc.

Oswego is the #1 team in the nation. This game means A LOT for Adrian because the whole East will be "watching" and a good showing or a win would prove all their critics wrong that they truly do belong. It doesnt get any better for Adrian as far as chances. If they travel to the #1 team and beat them in their barn and end Oswego's 10 (could be 12) game winning streak...that will be the program's signature win.

(Im not saying they do or don't belong...I havent seen them play yet...but I am looking forward to finally seeing them on the 8th.)
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    If they travel to the #1 team and beat them in their barn...that will be the program's signature win.
                    Except if the #1 team outplays them, then it really doesn't count
                    93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                    2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                    2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

As nice as those wins over the USA 18U Team are...they don't mean anything for NCAA purposes, which at the end of the day are the way you are judged nationally etc.

Oswego is the #1 team in the nation. This game means A LOT for Adrian because the whole East will be "watching" and a good showing or a win would prove all their critics wrong that they truly do belong. It doesnt get any better for Adrian as far as chances. If they travel to the #1 team and beat them in their barn and end Oswego's 10 (could be 12) game winning streak...that will be the program's signature win.

(Im not saying they do or don't belong...I havent seen them play yet...but I am looking forward to finally seeing them on the 8th.)
                      Wow, the last time Adrian played a team from the East they threw double digits. And where did that team finish.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                        Really ?

This was not intended to denigrate Adrian. I've tried to be supportive, because any addition of a quality D3 program is a good thing. The reality is that their SOS this year is very, very, very weak. This means that the value of their undefeated status is unclear. If they are "very good", they'd be undefeated, but if they are only "good" they could also be undefeated. Any time a team plays that kind of a schedule and then plays a team whose quality is known and high, it is an opportunity to measure them. We can say the same thing about Curry coming in to play NU. Eastern fans know a lot more about Oswego than about Hamline. The reality is as far as enhancing their reputation, Adrian's OOC opportunities are very important.

Exactly my point.
                        2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                        2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                        2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                          I had Westfield at 14th.

Since they have returned home from the shores of Lake Superior, the Vikings have gone an unimpressive 2-1-1. I am really curious on how they do against Colby and NEC next week. Where would I rank SSC? Somewhere between 11 and 15, which means every other MASCAC should be below them.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
                            Wow, the last time Adrian played a team from the East they threw double digits. And where did that team finish.
                            Very true...But they also lost to said team and Neumann was nowhere near where they were at the end of the season in that series.

Granted, Adrian probably improved just like Neumann but that series is not the same as the opportunity that lays ahead for Adrian on the 8th.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Gaining respect from the east, or changing perception simply does not matter.

The Oswego game doesn't count for NCAA purposes, and adrian's only real chance to make the ncaas is to win the mcha autobid.

If it's all about perception, then why do the U18 games not count? has anyone else played them 3 times and not lost recently? The Hamline games do count towards the ncaas, and the pipers have looked very good so far this season with an 8 game unbeaten streak and 3-0 record against the ncha.

No offense, but the bulldog's game against Oswego is a glorified exhibition, where the stats matter but the results honestly don't. It should still be interesting and a test for both teams, but calling it the biggest game for Adrian or a potential make or break game for oswego's pool c chances is over-reacting in a large way.

Comment

Working...
                              X