PDA

View Full Version : "Jan. 8-9th: The Ultimate Hockey Weekend" Adrian @ Oswego, Plattsburgh @ Elmira

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

PrezdeJohnson09
12-22-2009, 12:51 PM
I know its still a little ways away and I believe every team has games before these two but I wanted to try and start getting a Roll Call assembled for who is planning on attending either ends or both of these two games that weekend.

Jabber811 and myself are currently trying to organize a USCHO Meet and Greet at Jabber's bar, Greene's Ale House on Friday night before the Adrian/Oswego game. (aka..the best bar in Oswego)

Friday Night is Labatt Hockey Night at Greene's.

$1.75 blue bottles and drafts. $6 pitchers, NHL Center Ice package.

Usually Jabber comes up with some great items in the kitchen for the weekends too so maybe he'll chime in on what plans are for that once the date gets closer. Best wings in town (IMHO) and good food. Great Bar and Grille. Hope to see some people there.

So I guess lets start it off with who is planning on attending and if so would you be up for meeting up at the bar around 5 or so before the Adrian/Oswego game?

Attending:

1.PrezdeJohnson09 (Oswego) Both games
2.Jabber811 (Oswego)
3.Pioneerfan11 (Utica) Adrian/Oswego game
4.CavemanRC (Stevens Point) Adrian/Oswego game
5.CardsRuletheBurgh (Plattsburgh) Both Games
6.Ozz (Oswego) Adrian/Oswego game...maybe both
7.nysportsfan29 (Oswego) Adrian/Oswego game
8.JMD9 (Oswego) Adrian/Oswego game

Please chime in and let me know so we can try and get something organized and also put some names to faces!

Pioneerfan11
12-22-2009, 12:58 PM
For the Oswego-Adrian game:

3. Pioneerfan11
and because we'll be in the same car so I'm pretty sure he will be attending...
4. Caveman-RC

I'm 100% sure we are interested in joining in on any pre-game festivities that include the words "bar" and "ale" so you can count us in for that as well.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
12-22-2009, 01:04 PM
5. CARDS_rule_the_Burgh (Plattsburgh) - Both games

I'm not of legal drinking age, so I guess I'll pass of the meetup at the bar.

Ozz
12-22-2009, 01:05 PM
Will definitely be attending the Adrian/Oswego game would certainly be interested in the pre-game activities...however... why don't we have it at the best bar in Oswego...aka...Club Crystal? haha jk jk:D

The Elmira/Platty is still a toss...might be there...might not be...

PrezdeJohnson09
12-22-2009, 01:06 PM
5. CARDS_rule_the_Burgh (Plattsburgh) - Both games

I'm not of legal drinking age, so I guess I'll pass of the meetup at the bar.

It's a grille too so you're allowed in before 9pm. (correct me if I'm wrong Jabber)

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
12-22-2009, 01:32 PM
It's a grille too so you're allowed in before 9pm. (correct me if I'm wrong Jabber)

Well, if that's the case, I'm in! I'll have a friend travelling with me, so pencil me in your plans for 2!

nysportsfan29
12-22-2009, 02:12 PM
In for Adrian. I'm headin up with JMD9 so it's his call about Greene's - I'd guess he'd say yes.

LoudHorns31
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
unfortionately I won't be able to make the trip that weekend. My wife is having surgery on the 5th so I'm gonna miss the Norwich game too. Gotta be the good husband and stay with her during her recovery.

PSUChamps2001
12-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Will be there....both games...Can the Oswego "student" section handle a Plattsburgh fan lol. If only dimwit would allow it, I've got a nice green and gold horn still on the shelf...

nysportsfan29
12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Will be there....both games...Can the Oswego "student" section handle a Plattsburgh fan lol. If only dimwit would allow it, I've got a nice green and gold horn still on the shelf...

I say give it a shot. Perhaps he won't be attending since there aren't 1000 students for him to scold.

Then again, there is the possibility that he peruses these boards to find out what you're up to Remy. Which would be pretty epic in my mind.

Not gonna root for the SUNYAC in this one?

PrezdeJohnson09
12-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I say give it a shot. Perhaps he won't be attending since there aren't 1000 students for him to scold.

Then again, there is the possibility that he peruses these boards to find out what you're up to Remy. Which would be pretty epic in my mind.

He was there in 2007 I remember. Not sure if he was there last year or the year before as I wasn't there either years.

norm1909
12-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make the trip that weekend. My wife is having surgery on the 5th so I'm gonna miss the Norwich game too. Gotta be the good husband and stay with her during her recovery.

Family first :) But, hopefully, you won't have to miss "The Ultimate Hockey Weekend" - Jan. 29-30th: Plattsburgh @ Cortland and then Plattsburgh @ Oswego ;) :cool:

Stormy8174
12-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Making plans to get up there for the Adrian/Oswego game...

As of now though I will be working until 3:30 that day so won't be able to do anything pregame as I'll slate myself arriving around 6:30 that evening...unless I try to tinker with my work schedule that day...which is hard to do in education.

Matthew Webb
12-22-2009, 05:06 PM
I'll be there...in spirit.

LoudHorns31
12-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Family first :) But, hopefully, you won't have to miss "The Ultimate Hockey Weekend" - Jan. 29-30th: Plattsburgh @ Cortland and then Plattsburgh @ Oswego ;) :cool:

I'll definitely be there that weekend. gonna make the trip to Rochester the weekend before that too for Brockport and Geneseo. the weekend of the 8th is just to quick for my wife to be ready to take a 4.5 hour rode trip....

PSUChamps2001
12-22-2009, 05:31 PM

Of course I am, i have a lot of respect for both teams, but still gotta stay true to the region and conference.....plus does it really matter, we all know what happens in the end anyways....when Plattsburgh wins the SUNYAC title...

and trust me he knows exactly who I am lol.....

GreatLakerMohawk
12-22-2009, 05:33 PM

What student section?

PSUChamps2001
12-22-2009, 05:39 PM
What student section?

Hense the " "......

GreatLakerMohawk
12-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Hense the " "......

Oh no, I got that. Just let me take pot-shots at my own fanbase.

Maybe if I'm feeling sociable I'll say hello at the Adrian game.... If I even go.

elbojpb
12-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Now that the SUNYAC has the odd-team-out scheduling challenge, and as long as the Cards have to make a visit to Cortland once a season, why not combine that trip with an Elmira (~40 minutes away) or Hobart or Utica game? rather than combine it with the OSU contest. Oswego isn't near the trek for a single game, and perhaps now that Ceglarski bad blood is gone, Emery might be more inclined?