NHL Network College Hockey Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL Network College Hockey Schedule

The NHL Network has finally released their full college hockey schedule. Both outdoor Fenway Park games will be televised. DU and UND getting a lotta love from the NHL Network.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...NHL|NHLNetwork

Code:
    Date Game Time (ET) 
    Friday, Nov. 13 Ferris State at Miami 7:30 p.m. 
    Friday, Nov. 27 St. Cloud State at Denver 9:30 p.m. 
    Friday, Dec. 11 North Dakota at Wisconsin 8:30 p.m. 
    Sunday, Dec. 20 U.S. Under-20 National Team at North Dakota Noon* 
    Friday, Jan. 8 Northeastern vs. New Hampshire (women) 4 p.m.** 
    Friday, Jan. 8 Boston College vs. Boston University 7:30 p.m.** 
    Friday, Jan. 22 Denver at Wisconsin 8 p.m. 
    Friday, Jan. 29 Denver at North Dakota 8:30 p.m. 
    Friday, Feb. 5 Clarkson at Union 7 p.m. 
    Friday, Feb. 12 Minnesota State at Wisconsin 9 p.m. 
    Friday, Feb. 19 Nebraska-Omaha at Miami 7:30 p.m. 
    Friday, Feb. 26 RPI at Colgate 7 p.m. 
    Friday, Mar. 5 Michigan Tech at North Dakota 8:30 p.m. 
    Friday, Mar. 19 ECAC Semifinal #1 4 p.m. 
    Friday, Mar. 19 ECAC Semifinal #2 7 p.m. 
    Sunday, Mar. 21 ECAC Championship 11 a.m.* 
    *Tape Delay
    **Sun Life Frozen Fenway outdoors at Fenway Park
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Re: NHL Network College Hockey Schedule

Very cool, the ECAC is getting some national attention. No Atlantic or CHA tho...

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
      The NHL Network has finally released their full college hockey schedule. Both outdoor Fenway Park games will be televised. DU and UND getting a lotta love from the NHL Network.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=5...NHL|NHLNetwork
      You do realize that the NHL Net isn't producing most of these broadcasts, right? Examples below:

Date Game Time (ET)

Friday, Jan. 8 Boston College vs. Boston University 7:30 p.m.** (NESN)
      Friday, Jan. 22 Denver at Wisconsin 8 p.m. (FSNWI)
      Friday, Jan. 29 Denver at North Dakota 8:30 p.m. (FSSN)
      Friday, Feb. 5 Clarkson at Union 7 p.m. (TWC)
      Friday, Feb. 12 Minnesota State at Wisconsin 9 p.m. (FSNWI)
      Friday, Feb. 26 RPI at Colgate 7 p.m. (TWC)
      Friday, Mar. 5 Michigan Tech at North Dakota 8:30 p.m. (FSSN)

**Sun Life Frozen Fenway outdoors at Fenway Park
      I mean, how hard is it to flip a switch when they have nothing else to broadcast? Let's not get caried away praising them (especially when I get two versions of the same game - one from the source, and one from NHL Net)...
      Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
      B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
      CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
      ECAC:
      HEA: UMass
      NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
      Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

If I were paranoid (and the jury is out) I'd make a big fuss out of 6 WCHA games and 2 CCHA games. You may ridicule as you see fit.

Comment

I'm extremely disappointed in Charter Cable, they picked up NHL Network, but are only providing it to select areas. This makes no sense at all.

Comment

The NHL Network only televises these games in the US. NHL Network Canada shares a lot of the programing but as far as I know doesn't pick up the college telecasts. A lost opportunity to broadcast some NCAA hockey up in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
              You do realize that the NHL Net isn't producing most of these broadcasts, right? Examples below:

I mean, how hard is it to flip a switch when they have nothing else to broadcast? Let's not get caried away praising them (especially when I get two versions of the same game - one from the source, and one from NHL Net)...
              Of coures I realize they are picking up the team's regional feeds but guess what I don't get any of those feeds on my cable system. I am only able to get the games that FCS, NHL Network, B10 and CBS College Sports broadcast, the latter two who show barely any. I'd rather have them showing live college games on Friday than the re-runs of their other programming which is on 24/7 when they aren't showing live NHL games. Getting those regional feeds picked up by a national cable broadcaster increases the potential audiences exponentially.
              Last edited by du78; 12-22-2009, 03:24 PM.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                The NHL Network only televises these games in the US. NHL Network Canada shares a lot of the programing but as far as I know doesn't pick up the college telecasts. A lost opportunity to broadcast some NCAA hockey up in Canada.
                This is from last season but:
                http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._cchagames.php
                The CCHA has entered into a distribution agreement with the NHL Network to show 17 regular-season games, live, in Canada on Saturday nights during the 2008-09 season.
                So while US viewers were treated to CBC's HNIC on NHL Net, Canadian viewers had the choice of seeing CCHA hockey on NHL Net.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  That was last season. NCAA games are not on the NHL Network-Canada this season.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=5...NHL|NHLNetwork

Comment

That was last season. NCAA games are not on the NHL Network-Canada this season.
                    He probably knows that being that the beginning of his post was "This is from last season".
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                      He probably knows that being that the beginning of his post was "This is from last season".
                      Is this where you and I are supposed to get into a fight like Malone & Kristo so that we can sit in the penalty box together?

Comment

Is this where you and I are supposed to get into a fight like Malone & Kristo so that we can sit in the penalty box together?
                        Nah, but you could jokingly have an inane argument about it and then be accused of being too serious and receive negative rep from anonymous turd burglars.

edit: brian, someone took you up on your suggestion yesterday and left me some negative rep and signed it "Rimbaud". Got a chuckle out of that this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                          Of coures I realize they are picking up the team's regional feeds but guess what I don't get any of those feeds on my cable system. I am only able to get the games that FCS, NHL Network, B10 and CBS College Sports broadcast, the latter two who show barely any. I'd rather have them showing live college games on Friday than the re-runs of their other programming which is on 24/7 when they aren't showing live NHL games. Getting those regional feeds picked up by a national cable broadcaster increases the potential audiences exponentially.
                          Do the latter two actually know what hockey is?

I think the expansion of horizons is a good thing in showing the college game in the national scope. And with the exception of a certain game in early February, they picked some pretty good ones. And hey, even if it's just a local production being simulcasted, that's very good for the schools to get some advertising out there for their product. Guess I should get NHL Network at some point, darn sports package necessity.

Comment

They televised the November 13th game between Ferris State and Miami. They used the ONN feed, it was a pretty good feed.

Ferris ended up winning that game in shootout, did anyone watch that?

Comment

I would like that. That sounds good.

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                              Nah, but you could jokingly have an inane argument about it and then be accused of being too serious and receive negative rep from anonymous turd burglars.
                              That rarely happens around here.

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                              brian, someone took you up on your suggestion yesterday and left me some negative rep and signed it "Rimbaud". Got a chuckle out of that this morning.
                              Nice! I wonder how many people actually sign their rep with the name Rimbaud. It's got to be quite a few.
                              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X