X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Junior Team cuts

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
    Youth hockey in the US is only getting more expensive and the high costs will eventually choke the sport. Parents are spending tens of thousands of dollars chasing a few D-1 scholarship opportunities.

With the population growth in the South & West I'd like to see USA Hockey spend more resources promoting roller hockey in neighborhoods as a way to introduce kids to ice hockey. Almost every kid has a pair of roller blades or roller shoes. Very few of these kids know anything about ice hockey or own hockey sticks.

Look at the DU players in recent years who started roller blading first, Rakhshani, Gauthier and Zucker to name a few. DU recent recruits are coming from Arizona, Nevada, Oklahoma, Colorado, Iowa, Missouri & California.

Do you think it's more expensive in the US than Canada? We need to build more rinks so our kids don't have practice all times of the day and night also open up facilities that have ice to youths when it isn't being used for other purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
      Do you think it's more expensive in the US than Canada? We need to build more rinks so our kids don't have practice all times of the day and night also open up facilities that have ice to youths when it isn't being used for other purposes.
      I don't think anyone will argue that it costs significantly more to play hockey in the US than Canada. Perhaps five times more in the Sunbelt.

Canada is overflowing with outdoor rinks that use very little electricity and many are municipal rinks instead of privately owned rinks in the US. Obviously Canada also has frozen ponds and lakes that are unavailable in the majority of America.

Today's Denver Post has an article comparing US & Canadian youth hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by BoomGoestheDynamite View Post
        Czechs are tied with Osterreich 1-1 after 1. Their tournament is spiraling downward. They lose this game and they might get relegated. The Swiss are no pushover, especially if Conz is hot.
        Where are you seeing updates for this game? I was looking on some websites but couldn't find anything.
        Yeah, the Czechs could definitely be looking at going to the Relegation bracket. They are currently tied with Austria for last in Group B.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          Where are you seeing updates for this game? I was looking on some websites but couldn't find anything.
          Yeah, the Czechs could definitely be looking at going to the Relegation bracket. They are currently tied with Austria for last in Group B.
          www.iihf.com

Czech's are up 2-1 now.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Yeah I couldn't find a game tracker of any quality so i just went to the IIHF website and they have an updater. Its nothing special though.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Stepan Novotny with the go-ahead goal for the Czechs.
              The same Novotny that decommitted from DU a bit ago, I assume?
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Now 3-1 Czechs. All 3 goals on the PP.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Maybe Austria should consider staying out of the box.
                  Another Czech PP goal leads to a 4-1 Czech lead after 2 periods.

US/Latvia game starts in 20 minutes.
                  Will the US hit double digit goals?

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Maybe Austria should consider staying out of the box.
                    Another Czech PP goal leads to a 4-1 Czech lead after 2 periods.

US/Latvia game starts in 20 minutes.
                    Will the US hit double digit goals?
                    It'll be a replay of Belarus and they'll find a way to lose.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Thanks guys.

Stepan Novotny with the go-ahead goal for the Czechs.
                      The same Novotny that decommitted from DU a bit ago, I assume?
                      yup

link

r

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        It'll be a replay of Belarus and they'll find a way to lose.
                        Hot goalie?

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Lee gets the start again in net for the USA tonight.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Kristo puts the US up 1-0 a little over 2 minutes into the game.

McRae with the assist.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

That a boy, Danny.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

1-0 US with the first goal at 2:30 of the first.

The Czechs have apparently woken up and are now walking away 7-1.

Comment

Working...
                                X