This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Junior Team cuts

Usually I am extremely pro Canada. But this time of the year I am the exact opposite
    US Olympic Team

Comment

Originally posted by TCHB View Post
      Usually I am extremely pro Canada.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Jenks scores!

Team USA has really picked it up in the last half of this period.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Campbell has really played well this game.
          I would maybe play Lee against Latvia, but Campbell against Canada.

Game over.

US wins, 3-0.
          Nice 2nd and 3rd period from them.
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Good stuff in the third!

Who's your pick for player of the game? Campbell, Donovan, Kreider?
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Shutout for Campbell!
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                Good stuff in the third!

Who's your pick for player of the game? Campbell, Donovan, Kreider?
                Kreider got it.
                The Swiss goalie got it for them.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Kreider POTG
                  I would have voted for Donovan, but that, no doubt, is my DU bias.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Now we get to watch Finland/Czech.
                    0-0 with 7min left in 1st.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by TCHB View Post
                      Usually I am extremely pro Canada. But this time of the year I am the exact opposite
                      I'm usually willing to root for Canada when they aren't playing the United States but the combination of Hokydad, running up the score on Latvia, and the Philadelphia Eagles fan wannabes in Saskatoon have me hoping the Swiss and/or the Slovaks find a way to humiliate them.
                      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                        I'm usually willing to root for Canada when they aren't playing the United States but the combination of Hokydad, running up the score on Latvia, and the Philadelphia Eagles fan wannabes in Saskatoon have me hoping the Swiss and/or the Slovaks find a way to humiliate them.
                        Is this a preview of Vancouver? If there willing to boo 18 year olds for no apparent reason , they level of hate for full professionals (that don't play for one of their inept 6) could be off the charts.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          running up the score on Latvia
                          Well, the second tiebreaker is goal differential (first is head-to-head), so you can't really blame them for that. Any team would do the same exact thing.

What did it for me in terms of rooting against Canada for this entire tournament were the cheap shots they took against the Fins and Swedes in their exhibition games. They were totally uncalled for. It's one thing to be physical and send a message; it's another to hit a guy during warmups or elbow a guy in the face behind the play while he's heading for the bench.

Edit to add that booing the national anthem doesn't sit well with me, either.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I'll give you Latvia +7.5 for tonight's game. Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              Well, the second tiebreaker is goal differential (first is head-to-head), so you can't really blame them for that. Any team would do the same exact thing.
                              It's a lame excuse. First place will probably be the team that wins all of their games. More than likely, second will beat everyone but the first place team, and so on and so on.

When it happens in the Olympics, Canadians are shocked and appalled. When it happens in their backyard, by their own kids, pour it on!

Ridiculous.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWantMore View Post
                                I'll give you Latvia +7.5 for tonight's game. Any takers?
                                I'll take it! Especially if I get an AIC jersey when I win.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X