Times Argus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Times Argus

Time to start hearing from the teams coming to the Times Argus. NEC vs Potsdam in the first game followed by Norwich vs Curry in the night cap. All games will be video streamed live on NSN at no charge.
    Cadet Crosby '63

Re: Times Argus

I will be there, cheering on the Bears. Should be a fun tourney especially since I haven't been to Norwich's new rink.
    The Bears will be coming in with a 3-1-1 record in their last 5 games. A come-from-behind-tie against Platty should have the Bears ready for action.
    I am looking forward to it......
    LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
      Time to start hearing from the teams coming to the Times Argus. NEC vs Potsdam in the first game followed by Norwich vs Curry in the night cap. All games will be video streamed live on NSN at no charge.
      Was it Norwich's decision or Curry's request that NU plays Curry in the first round instead of say, Potsdam? I like it, but would have envisioned that that game could well have been the final. Did Curry say we'll come, but we want to be guaranteed a game against NU?
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I don't know anything about why the coach matched us up with Curry on day one...I think he could have picked either Potsdam or Curry since we do not have either of them on our regular season schedule. Looking at the numbers Curry looks like a great match up for the Cadets. They have an identical record, great goal tending and their goals against and goals for are similar. Should be a dandy. Potsdam vs NEC also looks to be a toss up. Postdam is coming off a great game with Platty and should be flying high. NEC got off to a slow start but has way to much talent to not make a move. The Cadets will begin the second semester with a killer schedule...Times Argus, tuesday night vs Platty and then Friday and Saturday it's off to Maine to take on Bowdoin and Colby. Thats five games in nine days. Coming home from Maine we will know just where our Cadets really stand.
        Last edited by CROSBYNU63; 12-18-2009, 02:52 PM.
        Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Curry, Potsdam, and NEC are all good teams in my book. Have an off night and any of the 3 will defeat you. Curry has played sort of a weak schedule but has wins over Manhattanville and Tufts (who has beat a lot of good teams this year) so they will be a challange for sure. Potsdam with the tie with Plattsburgh should be very confident going into the tournament. I have seen NEC and agree that they are a talented team that seems to be just starting to play well. TA should be a great tune up for Norwich before the Plattsburgh and Maine trip. For Norwich what I am looking for over the next few games is consistant play not necessarly win's or losses. The results will take care of themselves over the course of the season.
          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Prediction's Anyone???

Norwich 5 Curry 3

New England College 5 Potsdam 1

Norwich 7 vs. New England College 2 Championship

Potsdam 3 vs. Curry 1 3rd place

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
            I will be there, cheering on the Bears. Should be a fun tourney especially since I haven't been to Norwich's new rink.
            The Bears will be coming in with a 3-1-1 record in their last 5 games. A come-from-behind-tie against Platty should have the Bears ready for action.
            I am looking forward to it......

Comment

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows if the Norwich injured players will be available for the Times Argus tournament starting this Friday. Norwich has good debth but you would like the players that match up best on the ice against Curry on Friday. Of the teams in the TA I hope people are not underestimating NEC because there European players have a lot of offensive talent. Norwich is probable the favorite but all the teams are capable of winning if a team doesn't bring its A game.

Comment

I believe the biggest question is this, what team did made the most of their break? I am assuming the teams won't have more than one practice under their belt going into the TA.
                Norwich should be favored to win as their impressive record so far indicates such respect. Curry, NEC, and Potsdam have a chance to win depending on how well prepared they come to the TA.
                Looking forward to it, as I will get a chance to give the new camera Santa brought me a workout.
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Curry takes the opener 4-2 with an empty netter at the end. They are 3-0-1 away from home this year. They skate fast and physical, and absolutely love to play the role of the underdog playing away against some name brand school. You heard it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey NutCase View Post
                    Curry takes the opener 4-2 with an empty netter at the end. They are 3-0-1 away from home this year. They skate fast and physical, and absolutely love to play the role of the underdog playing away against some name brand school. You heard it here.
                    Ballsy statement for a Norwich thread! I think that Cooperalls has Curry underrated, but I wouldn't count on a Curry win vs.Wick this time!
                    from behind the iron curtain...

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey NutCase View Post
                      Hard to get a read on this one because of Curry's easier schedule which makes it hard to compare stats which can be useful when looking at
                      teams. Sean Sylvester, Payden Benning, Michael Guzzo, John Williams, and Steven Mohler all have 8 points or more which is excellent for this time of year. Norwich has scoring debth but injuries have keep a few key players out of a few games. Goaltending probable will be the key and it is hard to get a read on Curry's goaltenders since all three have played games. Robert
                      Dawson SV of .956% and Steven Jakiel SV% of .934 are excellent. All I can say is of all the D3 teams I have seen this year Norwich and Plattsburgh seem to be a notch above the others. Win or lose the TA will be a great tuneup for Plattsburgh next Tuesday; the only question is can Norwich rack up 2 wins against very good competition.

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                        Hard to get a read on this one because of Curry's easier schedule which makes it hard to compare stats which can be useful when looking at
                        teams. Sean Sylvester, Payden Benning, Michael Guzzo, John Williams, and Steven Mohler all have 8 points or more which is excellent for this time of year. Norwich has scoring debth but injuries have keep a few key players out of a few games. Goaltending probable will be the key and it is hard to get a read on Curry's goaltenders since all three have played games. Robert
                        Dawson SV of .956% and Steven Jakiel SV% of .934 are excellent. All I can say is of all the D3 teams I have seen this year Norwich and Plattsburgh seem to be a notch above the others. Win or lose the TA will be a great tuneup for Plattsburgh next Tuesday; the only question is can Norwich rack up 2 wins against very good competition.
                        Looking forward to this weekend. A big test for Curry, based on non conference play this year and last they play up to the talent. It looks like the Curry coachs have been going with Jakiel in net for most non conference games. The stats for non confernece games are actually better than in conference. Norwich will be a great test. Gotta respect Curry for going out and putting it on on the line with top teams instead of going the easy route.

Comment

should be a great tournament...Curry sure has a very difficult non-conference schedule. Bring your snow shoes, looks like a big storm is going to hit on Friday.
                          Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                            should be a great tournament...Curry sure has a very difficult non-conference schedule. Bring your snow shoes, looks like a big storm is going to hit on Friday.
                            Which begs the question, do I leave Thursday or head up Friday morning?Tomorrow should give a better indication of which decision to make. I hope the storm misses us completely so we can all have safe travels.
                            LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

All games for the Times Argus will be video streamed free of charge by NSN, sponsored by Norwich University. Here is the link to get you to the games.

http://www.nsnsports.net/
                              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Working...
                              X