Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Times Argus

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
    Which begs the question, do I leave Thursday or head up Friday morning?Tomorrow should give a better indication of which decision to make. I hope the storm misses us completely so we can all have safe travels.
    A local weather guy, Rober Hill, reports that there is a good probability a storm could hit on Friday. The timing is the key; you might be able to leave early morning and beat the storm. Should know more details in a couple of days. I will just bring my 0% down winter sleeping bag and thermal pad and sleep with the Cadets outside. Link to Rober Hill:

http://www.weatheringheights.com/
    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
      Win or lose the TA will be a great tuneup for Plattsburgh next Tuesday; the only question is can Norwich rack up 2 wins against very good competition.
      Hawk, Wick came out of the much tougher Primelink as the tournament winner with the shootout win over Platty. They can definitely win two against these entries but I hope they don''t take Curry too lightly on Friday night as I don't want to battle the big storm to get there and then see them do a swan dive in the second period instead of their usual "leave 'em in the ice chips" that we've seen them do so far this year.

Also, I hope they aren't looking ahead to Platty before they win two this weekend. McShane will, hopefully, have them concentrating on one game at a time to start the new year.

And that said, Happy New Year, fellow Cadets fans and other D-III fans too.
      Go Wick!

Comment

Hawk, thanks for the link. I see the weather forecasters are "waffling" a bit now about the Nor'easter...perhaps this is a good sign.
        Friday should not be all that bad....travel wise.
        LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

slap the old car in four wheel drive and come on up The Cadets are back on the ice and getting ready to face a very good Curry team. The weekend should be another great test of our freshmen. If the Norwich defense continues to play as well as they have they will be a handfull

Hawk, thanks for the link. I see the weather forecasters are "waffling" a bit now about the Nor'easter...perhaps this is a good sign.
          Friday should not be all that bad....travel wise.
          Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Which begs the question, do I leave Thursday or head up Friday morning?Tomorrow should give a better indication of which decision to make. I hope the storm misses us completely so we can all have safe travels.
            Cripes - if you live in the North Country, you can pretty much drive in anything. I drove a few times from Clarkson to NJ (or vice versa) in some pretty bad stuff.

I hear you have something up there that is lacking down here in Maryland -- snowplows.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Cripes - if you live in the North Country, you can pretty much drive in anything. I drove a few times from Clarkson to NJ (or vice versa) in some pretty bad stuff.

I hear you have something up there that is lacking down here in Maryland -- snowplows.
              joecct-
              Driving thru a Nor'easter is not enjoyable and not something I wish to do again. Its the other clowns on the roads I worry about not me.
              We'll see how it goes.
              As far as what Maryland doesn't have, I do know they have crabcakes and football.
              LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Hell I got my own Plow

Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Yeah, but when I left the North Country and settled in Rochester, I learned what real snow is.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I worked in Rochester for two years, know all about it

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    Yeah, but when I left the North Country and settled in Rochester, I learned what real snow is.
                    Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

They are calling for light snow now, no big storm........see you all this weekend. Go Bears!
                      LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                        Hell I got my own Plow
                        Yeah...but the one's he's talking about are attached to trucks
                        D-III Game Pics @ http://www.willcimages.com

Friends of Panther Hockey

Comment

Enough about the weather!! Can someone please talk about the games!!

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
                            Enough about the weather!! Can someone please talk about the games!!
                            Looks like NEC/Pots is a pretty good matchup. Looking at my computer rankings, I was surprised to see Pots ahead of NEC, but looking inside the nos. - both teams with exactly 0.500 win%, but Potsdam has a stronger SOS, and has beaten teams with better records than the teams that NEC has beaten. To tell the truth, I was writing Potsdam off in that one until I looked closer. Should be interesting.

NU/Curry looks like the best matchup of the tournament. Both teams undefeated with just a tie. Curry loves to play a tough NC schedule, and I really respect them for that. Curry and NU actually have very similar OWPs, but but Norwich's schedule is deeper in the sense that their OOWP is much better. I think NU takes this one, but it won't be as easy as beating SNHU.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

What is the format for end of regulation ties? 5 minute OT then a shootout?

I apologize for "hijacking" the thread with the weather discussion.
                              LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

What is the format for end of regulation ties? 5 minute OT then a shootout?

I apologize for "hijacking" the thread with the weather discussion.
                                5 + Shootout (IIRC)

Don't worry about the weather we always think about it
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X