Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Recruiting II: Knowlton's Rangers (enlistments open)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruiting II: Knowlton's Rangers (enlistments open)

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    If you like, but you might be better off other places. Seriously, the easiest thing is to watch in the HFH for who is with the players.

I suspect that Babo will know when her son is at RPI, and perhaps earlier, who else we are recruiting. I doubt she will post anything, but info in confidence is possible.

There is info on the internet, but it is difficult to find. IIRC, I found out about Koudys that way.
    Actually, and this is kind of sad, I think the drive to Cornwall is about the same as my drive to HFH. And unfortunately, there are usually too many people at HFH for me to distinguish who is a recruit; let's just say there are some that are better at picking people out of a crowd.

Comment

Im horrible at picking out who is a recruit and who is just a kid wearing a team jacket trying to impress the college girls. But I always try to take a look over behind the RPI bench in the walkway above it to see if I can find a possible recruit. Usually there are a few at the Freakout and Clarkson games. Because nothing seals the deal like the Freakout.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Im horrible at picking out who is a recruit and who is just a kid wearing a team jacket trying to impress the college girls. But I always try to take a look over behind the RPI bench in the walkway above it to see if I can find a possible recruit. Usually there are a few at the Freakout and Clarkson games. Because nothing seals the deal like the Freakout.
        It's easy at RPI, seeing as how girls are few and far to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          It's easy at RPI, seeing as how girls are few and far to come by.
          This said by someone who went to college when RPI was more than 2% women.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RB: Where was that 2% when I was there? Once I thought I saw a girl there, but I was mistaken
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Guys that look like me don't count. :P

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                As Ralph has pointed out in the past, recruits nowadays are just as likely to not being wearing team jackets or hats, unless they are attending the game with their team as they are in town playing the Selects or AA. Sometimes yes, but quite often the kids are not wearing team gear.

Sometimes its just luck - I recall spotting the Tinordi brothers in Troy after recognizing their father from his NHL days. Some guys like Grimshaw and more recently, Stevens and especially Curadi are hard to miss due to their god given size.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Does this mean I should drive up to Cornwall for juniors games on the off chance I see a coach there?
                  Well, when I go, I drive to Cornwall to watch the players, but to each his own.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

On Tuesday, the Olds Grizzlys lost to the Sherwood Park Crusaders 4-1. Matt Tinordi scored Olds' goal. http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/hockey...&gameID=714252

Tinordi's line is now 47-18-17-35-42.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                      Jacob Laliberté        C Cornwall Colts (CJHL)        33-38-31- 69- 22 01/21/10
                      Brock Higgs           LW Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)   35-15-23- 38- 56 01/21/10
                      Matt Tinordi          LW Olds Grizzlys (AJHL)         47-18-17- 35- 42 01/22/10
                      Nick Bailen           RD Indiana Ice (USHL)           32- 8-14- 22- 42 01/22/10
                      Nick Quinn            LD Aurora Tigers (OJAHL)        10- 2- 7-  9-  6
                                               Orangeville Crushers (CCHL)  24- 5- 6- 11- 18 01/22/10
                                               Total                        34- 7-13- 20- 24
                      Greg Burgdoerfer      RW not playing                   0- 0- 0-  0-  0

2010 or 2011
                      Luke Curadi           LD Penticton Vees (BCHL)        43- 5- 8- 13- 77 01/21/10

Patrick Koudys        LD Burlington Cougars (CCHL)    44- 5-25- 30- 38 01/22/10

2010 women
                      Jordan Smelker        LW Team Alaska U19              16- 9-10- 19-  2 xx/xx/10
                      Madison Marzario      RD Shattuck St Mary's           25- 0- 7-  7- 36 01/22/10
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver article stating that Jacob Laliberté may or may not come, but we shouldn't panic - yet. http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...c437540733.txt.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver article stating that Jacob Laliberté may or may not come, but we shouldn't panic - yet. http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...c437540733.txt.
                          Good article, Not going to go crazy over Jake. If he comes and has not grown up yet, he won't play anyway.
                          Much more concerned about Helfrich. His game was not good against Q and Princeton, but I have to wonder if his ankle is still not a problem. especially when they say he might not play again on Friday but will play on Saturday.
                          Just makes me think that they are trying to protect an injury.
                          I really like his game when he is healthy.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Good article, Not going to go crazy over Jake.
                            I have never met him, but I have been trying to make sense out of everything that has occurred since he first came to our attention. it does sound like he is immature. That would explain lots of things, like why he didn't want to play in Pembroke last season. I guess the question is how immature is he. I think that I read that he is not living at home while playing in Cornwall -- that should help. It's hard to believe that yet another season in Cornwall next year would do him any good at all. Even the USHL won't help much. On the ice, he is ready to play in college hockey.

I think that hockeywise, he is the piece of the puzzle that will return RPI to the NCAA tourney.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I have never met him, but I have been trying to make sense out of everything that has occurred since he first came to our attention. it does sound like he is immature. That would explain lots of things, like why he didn't want to play in Pembroke last season. I guess the question is how immature is he. I think that I read that he is not living at home while playing in Cornwall -- that should help. It's hard to believe that yet another season in Cornwall next year would do him any good at all. Even the USHL won't help much. On the ice, he is ready to play in college hockey.

I think that hcokeywise, he is the piece of the puzzle that will return RPI to the NCAA tourney.
                              Well, if he wants to even go to Major Juniors, he will have to begin to take these responsibilities in a mature manner. Sure, there might exist a cover-up story now in order to wipe his rear (as it were), but the further up he goes, he won't get that. I don't think that NHL squads take players on talent alone, and if that is his ultimate goal, perhaps a wake-up call is necessary.

Not living at home definitely will help, and I hope that if he did miss a few games in order to visit his g/f, she slapped him up one for putting her over showing up to his job. I'm sure that unless there was an illness, bereavement, maternity, or something of that sort, every last one of us would get sacked for putting our significant other over our job.

Comment

I think that hockeywise, he is the piece of the puzzle that will return RPI to the NCAA tourney.
                                I have no doubt that hockeywise, he will put us in the NCAAs, but if he doesn't get on the ice until he is a sophomore, we may have already lost the other pieces of the puzzle.
                                I think he should just grow up and put his skill to use in Troy ASAP.
                                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                Benjamin Franklin
                                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                                Gary Player

Comment

Working...
                                X