Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Recruiting II: Knowlton's Rangers (enlistments open)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruiting II: Knowlton's Rangers (enlistments open)

From the Freeholder;

So the results showed considering the Colts' top gun, captain Jacob Laliberte wasn't available due to the 'flu.'

"We're sticking with the flu," MacInnis replied to the impliction the absence was not health related.
    http://www.standard-freeholder.com/A...aspx?e=2231829

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post

Dr. Demento: Vodka? YES!!! Chocolate Vodka? Not so much...
      Great to have you join the threads-Anyone here will tell you I am the advocate of having all the boys be about 6'5 and 250 and have said so for years(even some of the forwards). But the vodka-never chocolate. Having celebrated RPI hockey goals and victories for over 45 years(with vodka gimlets usually-chopin or ultimat vodka) I have now switched to Van Gogh Dutch Caramel-I am not a big fan of the flavored stuff but this one is special. One taste, and you are hooked. Smooth doesn't even come close to describing it. Jenny and I attended virtually every home game and most road games from the 70's through 2002. We don't make the commute as often anymore but we still celebrate every goal. For the first time in a long time-the future is very bright!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Was this link to a you tube of Curadi (3 white) fighting last year posted already? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j-vL...layer_embedded

Not everyone gets into a fight in an All Star game.
        More inside info...that fight was at last year's Atlantic ALL Star game. Luke's opponent was running guys...Luke was instructed to teach him some manners ...Rich Young, whose nose was rearranged in the fight, is now the top 'enforcer' in the USHL (he plays for the Youngstown team)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          Great to have you join the threads-Anyone here will tell you I am the advocate of having all the boys be about 6'5 and 250 and have said so for years(even some of the forwards). But the vodka-never chocolate. Having celebrated RPI hockey goals and victories for over 45 years(with vodka gimlets usually-chopin or ultimat vodka) I have now switched to Van Gogh Dutch Caramel-I am not a big fan of the flavored stuff but this one is special. One taste, and you are hooked. Smooth doesn't even come close to describing it. Jenny and I attended virtually every home game and most road games from the 70's through 2002. We don't make the commute as often anymore but we still celebrate every goal. For the first time in a long time-the future is very bright!!
          I must conduct a taste test before commenting, Doc. Such a burden but I'll take one for the team!

Vodka Gimlets happen to be a summertime favorite of mine.

You have no idea how happy Luke is with his choice (not to mention Rich and me!)

Comment

You have no idea how happy Luke is with his choice (not to mention Rich and me!)
            Trust us... the feeling is mutual! We can't wait to see Luke strap on the skates in the Cherry and White!
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

More inside info...that fight was at last year's Atlantic ALL Star game. Luke's opponent was running guys...Luke was instructed to teach him some manners ...Rich Young, whose nose was rearranged in the fight, is now the top 'enforcer' in the USHL (he plays for the Youngstown team)
              He may be the top enforcer on someone's list, but I bet Young stays away from Luke! Great to have you aboard - needless to say the RPI faithful are thrilled to have Luke in the mix...for too long we have been giving up size and height to certain teams who shall remain nameless.

I enjoyed your interview on WFAN after Luke's trip to Rangers camp. Even in that short clip one can tell Luke has his priorities in order ...thanks to his parents! Agree with your thoughts on Penticton -- Luke is in a good place... even though some of us, led by DocD, want him here pronto!

Best to your family for Christmas...and we hope Mr. Curadi returns safely from his deployment.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I must conduct a taste test before commenting, Doc. Such a burden but I'll take one for the team!

Vodka Gimlets happen to be a summertime favorite of mine.

In place of Hockeyhound (who has been among the missing here of late) I'd be happy to pitch in to sponsor a taste test for you when you arrive for Luke's first game at HFH.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Speaking of inside info, I hope you have already instructed your son to spread the gospel of RPI to his BCHL comrades.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    In place of Hockeyhound (who has been among the missing here of late) I'd be happy to pitch in to sponsor a taste test for you when you arrive for Luke's first game at HFH.
                    I miss Hockeyhound and Mrs Hound a great deal. The RPI games at Princeton are just not the same without them. Last time they were down, now that was a vodka gimlet night for us as we came back late to tie 4-4 and all of us went out after the game.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      I miss Hockeyhound and Mrs Hound a great deal. The RPI games at Princeton are just not the same without them.
                      Hear hear... well, not the games at Princeton per se, just in general. Good people all around, the whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                        Glad to see Perenboom do some actually reporting, as opposed to his colleague Hambledon who wrote the story on the weekend games, failing to even mention JL's absence. Suffice it to say MacInnis wasn't tickled to be without JL, and who can blame him...no doubt Appert isn't thrilled either. Hockey aside, I guess at the very least you have to wonder whether JL missed school & possibly exams before the holiday..and how that might impact his admission to RPI.

The coach's comment spoke volumes -- this one sure doesn't smell good, especially for the team's captain. I suppose it's possible that JL had this trip on the books heading into the season...in which case MacInnis would've known about it, even if he didn't like it. If not and JL sprung the trip on his coach, I'd have to think very hard about taking away the "C". Obviously he's your offensive sniper and your team is in the hunt, so you have to weigh what the repercussions of a "demotion" would be, but leaving your team two games before break isn't leadership. Uggh. Nothing is simple with this kid.

Comment

Speaking of inside info, I hope you have already instructed your son to spread the gospel of RPI to his BCHL comrades.
                          We do have an alum as a coach there, a fellow named Graham. I assume that he is also spreading the gospel.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

OK, now that there's been some confirmation, let's talk about it.

Some red flags raised here - but somehow I doubt that there will be problems like this in Troy. He's not going to be the captain next year and it's a little harder to skip out when your education is being paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              We do have an alum as a coach there, a fellow named Graham. I assume that he is also spreading the gospel.
                              True, but there is no substitute for peer pressure....

Comment

True, but there is no substitute for peer pressure....
                                True, too.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X