Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence - 2009-10 What is in the glass?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 What is in the glass?

I'm coming down for the game next Saturday and wondering if anyone on here could help me out by suggesting a good pub near the arena to grab a few beers and a bite before the game. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Friars Fan View Post
      You can join me with my adopted team.... we're 3rd in the nation...
      I can see it being the Badgers vs Miami in the final.......
      They have the greatest sieve chant ever! Paint thinner and cheese for everyone!!!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Providence got a shout out during the USA Norway game today! So we got that going for us!
        Providence College
        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Now that Culhane will be out at WMU, does that officially put Army at the top of the worst coaches in college hockey list?
          R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by #1 Friars Fan View Post
            I can see it being the Badgers vs Miami in the final.......
            At least I will be wearing the right colors.

Hire Pooley!!!!!
            Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Tournament Mode® is just around the corner.
              To avoid the rush, order your kevlar early.
              Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                I'm coming down for the game next Saturday and wondering if anyone on here could help me out by suggesting a good pub near the arena to grab a few beers and a bite before the game. Thanks
                Is Prime Tiime still open?

Comment

If Merrimack wins its game in hand, then every team but Providence is within three points of home ice.

So parity is back after all and with a vengeance.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...#ixzz0fzGpFM1x
                  An interesting ditty from this week's USCHO Hockey East column.

Comment

Does the author of the column also write fairy tales ?????

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                      Does the author of the column also write fairy tales ?????
                      It does say "every team except Providence."

Comment

Have checked out this thread for some time now and think I need to comment on the overall attitude of some posters. It is clear that many of you are true Friar fans but it can't be that bad! Maybe this attitude of negativity is caring over to your coaches ability to recruit. You play HEast, arguably the best in the nation, its always going to be tough to win even with great talent.

I dont know coach Army but seems he gets all the blame for everything when maybe some of you posters are undermining him without even knowing it. He could be talking to the next great Friar player, and have him almost committed, when he or his parents read this thread and take in all this BS here and decide that they don't want to be part of it.

My point is many people read the threads on this forum without posting. Some of which are future recruits and their families. If you want a winner then start acting like it!

Comment

If any parent or player uses the content of this or any other site as guidence as to what school to attend then they deserve a poor ending.....as far as PC the record speaks for itself, loud and very clear

Comment

Originally posted by 1timer View Post
                            Maybe this attitude of negativity is caring over to your coaches ability to recruit.
                            So now it's our fault that he can't recruit? I'd be laughing if you weren't being serious.

First, his recruiting problems aren't exclusive to this year or last year, so the point is off-base right there. Second, this "attitude of negativity" follows the direction of the program -- it's a one way street. It doesn't work the other way around.

If the team was in 4th place and people were being negative, your point would have some validity. Coming off this season and last season, however, you (along with hokyfraud) look downright insane trying to convince fans to be whistling dixie and taking out the pompoms.

Show fans a reason to be excited and optimistic and the "attitude" will change. At this point, Army is going to have to live with his terrible record and an abysmal pair of years that rank with the worst in PC history. That's his problem, and judging from the amount of excuses his (few) defenders seem to be making, it's far past time he took ownership of it.

It is clear that many of you are true Friar fans but it can't be that bad!
                            8 wins in their last 48 league games isn't "that bad"?

Please tell me what is...I'm actually curious to know what your definition of "that bad" is.

take in all this BS here and decide that they don't want to be part of it.
                            How is citing Army's record "BS"?

The record speaks for itself. It's not an opinion -- it's a fact, it's reality. Every recruit Army talks to is going to look not at this board but his horrible record. There's nothing that can be done to whitewash how poorly he's done as a head coach.

Once again, just as I've asked Hokydad -- who never bothers to respond to this question -- I'll ask you: why should PC fans be positive about the future when this coach (who has done absolutely nothing since he walked in the door) is going to be here for the forseeable future? Do you think after 5 seasons suddenly he's going to right the ship, land recruits, and start coaching in a manner he's never once demonstrated since he got here?

That's not being negative, it's being realistic based on the overall performance of the last 5 seasons. Again, the record isn't an opinion, and the fans aren't responsible for Army's record.
                            Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 02-19-2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

It's always fun to beat BU. Looking forward to reports from those at the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                                It's always fun to beat BU. Looking forward to reports from those at the game.
                                heard the officiating was horrible
                                Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Working...
                                X