Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence - 2009-10 What is in the glass?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 What is in the glass?

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
    You had me until the last sentence. You once again prove to be nothing more than a troll with this statement. NO regular poster here is rooting against Providence nor have any of us ever rooted against the team.
    You keep harping on this point and you've become a one trick pony on this thread.

I have a problem with the coach and have for years now. When they win he takes credit and when they lose he blames the team. A team he recruits and they play a style that he coaches.

Also it took Army how long to shake up the team's style of play????

There may be some players who are not quite cut out for HE competition but no one here is rooting against the team. Please drop the act or at least find new material if you want to be considered anything more than a troll on this thread.

That being said good job by Tim in finally changing the team's style of play over the long break and good execution by the team last night. Good things happen when you get shots on net. Let's see if they can do it two nights in a row against HE competition.
    "Tim"
    Is that what you call him when you, Stan and him go over your commuting schedules...

I think 15 or 20 posts talking about parades and a count down to 100 losses might qualify as rooting against. Dont tell me you are so jaded that you can't see that. If you were a kid on the team and you saw a grwon man, talking over and over agains about "the countdown to 100" etc I would bet they would view you as rooting against them. Just my gut feeling.

Comment

Maybe the count down to 100 motivated Army to realize that he needs to do something to save his job.
      Providence College
      National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        "Tim"
        Is that what you call him when you, Stan and him go over your commuting schedules...

I think 15 or 20 posts talking about parades and a count down to 100 losses might qualify as rooting against. Dont tell me you are so jaded that you can't see that. If you were a kid on the team and you saw a grwon man, talking over and over agains about "the countdown to 100" etc I would bet they would view you as rooting against them. Just my gut feeling.
        Yeah Tim. That's his name, right? Or do you call him coach when he and all his D1 coaching colleagues come over your house to drink beers and talk stategy?

The Race to 100, which began just days ago (go on and read the last few days) is just that, a race. Are you that stupid that you can't see that? Don't bother, I already have my answer. So let me make it clear even to the likes of you....

Tim has run this program into the ground. I know that you just starded following PC this season or you would already know that based on his **** poor record.
        For all his ineffectiveness he was given an undeserved extension that only a fool would have offered. My guess is that PC finishes in the cellar again which is pathetic for this once proud program. I further contend that not only will PC finish in last place but that Tim will still keep his job despite being a bust as a college coach.
        So to make it less gut wrenching for me (ans hopefully others) I am choosing to see a sense of humor in it all. To make a game of it as it were.
        Will Army (also his name, right?) finish in dead last against all our hopes and compile a total of 100 losses to boot? I think the answer is yes. If that happens then I will celebrate his futility and lack of accomplishmnet by leading a parade in his honor. You have to be able to celebrate at least once in a while, right?
        I think it will be priceless to see how you, the AD and Tim try to spin it if that happens, which I think it will but a pay it won't happen.

So I'm not rooting against the team you dope. I'm hoping that it doesn't happen but thinking that it will. So the race is on and I hope that Tim (if you don't like it sorry but I don't skate for him so he's not my coach) loses this race.
        If he wins the race it's really sad for all of us non trolls who commit our time and money to this program.

Comment

Last year (2008-2009) PC beat BU 4-2. In the remaining 17 games they went
          2-13-2. I hope this performance is not repeated. Tonight should be a "decent" indicator.

Comment

I know that you just starded following PC this season or you would already know that based on his **** poor record.
            It's almost as if Hokyfraud is living through "Groundhog Day" where every day Army gets a new opportunity to make the future look great with all this young talent. He never has to worry about the losses or two months without a win because he's forever stuck talking about the game where PC actually wins.

Comment

It is not rooting against the team but rather rooting for these young players who came here to learn the game of hockey from a division 1 coach and staff, they have been lied to and because of a horrid choice by the school AD are now stuck with a miserable college career.

They and those who follow will never reach their full potential because this coach and his staff cannot teach, they only point and say its all their fault not ours.

So when number 100 does come, and it will this year, then hopefully the once proud school with the many proud former players will do the right thing and fire the lot of them so Tim can't ruin his sons college career as he has so many others

Comment

Congratulations to PC for beating BU last night!
                Was great to see they scored 3 goals, as offense has been a big problem for them. Kind of a big win for them. BU does not have a good record, but they're still very good and not a pushover by any means. Would love to see PC build on this win.
                BC '97
                Home/Road (yes, even outside Boston ) supporter

Comment

Originally posted by brightonjohn View Post
                  Congratulations to PC for beating BU last night!
                  Was great to see they scored 3 goals, as offense has been a big problem for them. Kind of a big win for them. BU does not have a good record, but they're still very good and not a pushover by any means. Would love to see PC build on this win.
                  Yes. BEAT MAINE!

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

PC 3 ME 0, start of the 3rd

Heck of an effort so far....

Comment

PC 3 ME 0, start of the 3rd

Heck of an effort so far....
                      They're showing signs of life, I grant you that -- I wouldn't say it's a "heck of an effort," because Maine looks hideous. You can see how BC blew them out 6-1 the night before.

Very strange year in HE but as the rankings show, outside of UNH and BC this is not a banner season in the conference. Nobody is even in the Top 10 -- BC is 12th and UNH 20th. First time in forever I think that's happened.

So there's a big drop off outside the top two teams, with Maine and the Umass teams being pretty mediocre. If PC scraps they should be in the mix to make the playoffs -- not that it's a big accomplishment coming in 8th, because it isn't, but with weak competition, they might get there not even playing especially well. If they play like they did the next couple of nights, I would think they could get there.
                      Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 01-16-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Little dicey at the end, but a nice win tonight, and a BIG weekend for the Friars. Still a long way to go, but a 4 point weekend is always a good thing.

More weekends like this and maybe we can actually start talking about hockey on this thread...

Comment

Good weekend for PC but this is not a typical HE year as 2000 said.....lets enjoy the 4 points and see what the status is next week at this point after a few HE games

Last time we beat Maine at home Tyler was in the nets and it was all his fault

Comment

Good weekend for PC but this is not a typical HE year as 2000 said.....lets enjoy the 4 points and see what the status is next week at this point after a few HE games
                            Exactly. They're still 4-8 in the conference. It's a nice weekend, sure, but to be honest, and objectively speaking, this game looked like two "bottom tier" teams playing one another. If they're able to climb back to .500 that would be a nice run, let's see if they can do it.

Comment

They beat BU 3-1 the night before in a pretty one sided game. BU was on a roll...
                              Tonight it was 3-0 until the last minute, PC carried the game. that to me looks more like typical HE team beating a bottom team, which Maine showed they might be if not carefull.
                              It was not a flip of a coin game, it was 3-0 with 1 minute to go.

Nice 4 points for PC. Long way to go

If anyone had taken a poll on Friday at noon and the question was, "who are the two hottest teams in Hockey east right now"?, BU and maine would have been 1 and 2.

Nice 4 points from 2 games you would not expect it from

Comment

If anyone had taken a poll on Friday at noon and the question was, "who are the two hottest teams in Hockey east right now"?, BU and maine would have been 1 and 2.
                                Really? Who did you poll -- people who don't watch hockey?

BU had 3 wins in their last 9 games prior to Friday. If you want to go back even further they had 4 wins in their prior 14 games coming into Friday. Their overall record is 7-10-3. That's not exactly a "roll" where I come from.

Maine has, by any stretch, overachieved. They're still an unspectacular 11-9-3. They did have a nice run of wins but mostly against teams with losing records (PC, Merrimack, Northeastern, Princeton) coming into this weekend, but getting blown out at BC Friday exposed them for who they really are (to paraphrase Denny Green).

I don't want to throw cold water on these wins -- because the way PC had been playing, they're solid -- but it goes right to what I was saying about this conference. Outside of BC and UNH frankly it's the weakest Hockey East collectively ever. The records and national standings confirm that.

So it is what it is -- but saying BU and Maine were "the hottest teams in the conference"...come on, take a dose of reality here. The only team that looks like a really legitimate contender right now is BC with UNH a decent bit behind.
                                Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 01-16-2010, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X