Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence - 2009-10 What is in the glass?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence - 2009-10 What is in the glass?

Now ole' Hockeydud will be bugging Donaldson

Comment

Pssst, There is a game tomorrow! Wake from your hibernation!
      Providence College
      National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
        You coming up tonight?
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Netman View Post
          I'll be there with Murray. He was going to charge me for the ticket but feels as PC hockey fans, we've suffered enough.

Tough stretch of opponents coming over the next two weeks. I'm calling the Friars upset of BC this morning so you all know who called it first. I'll even give you the score 4-3. Bank on it.

2nd Half Fever, Be a Believer!!! No 2010th place for PC this year.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
            I'll be there with Murray. He was going to charge me for the ticket but feels as PC hockey fans, we've suffered enough.

Tough stretch of opponents coming over the next two weeks. I'm calling the Friars upset of BC this morning so you all know who called it first. I'll even give you the score 4-3. Bank on it.

2nd Half Fever, Be a Believer!!! No 2010th place for PC this year.
            Please let me know if that FOF membership card and decoder ring gets you into Pikes Peak. (I know Murray can get you in, but I'm curious if BC will reciprocate the FOF hospitality shown in December.)

PC starts the run to the FF tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
              Please let me know if that FOF membership card and decoder ring gets you into Pikes Peak. (I know Murray can get you in, but I'm curious if BC will reciprocate the FOF hospitality shown in December.)

PC starts the run to the FF tonight!
              I'll check. Murray says he's buying tonight so it's a bag of chips and ice water for me if I'm lucky.

I have a feeling it will be a big fat no on reciprocation but we'll see.
              BC has a real menu to offer while PC does not, otherwise I think that PC's room is a better take because you can watch the game from the FOF room but not the Peak.

The road to Detroit starts tonight!!! Roll mighty Friars, roll.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                You coming up tonight?
                Unfortunetly, no!
                Providence College
                National Champions

Comment

I know that its the scoreboard that counts, but getting outshot 22-1 in the first period! Beaudry should sue for non-support. Sheesh!

Comment

Where can I find this game.....found it, Beaudry must be punch drunk, great D
                    Last edited by satyking; 01-12-2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Been awhile since doing any reading here so didn't go back in time so sorry if this is old news, heard tonight that Frosh Tim Smith, defenseman from Wisconsin, left the team right after returning from the holiday. That's 3 defensemen in a year that have left. Guess he wasn't happy his time on the ice was being cut back.

He had played all the games to date but his play was not too good as they headed to the break. I guess he wasn't up to the challenge to fight to get better and get his time back, at least that's what the HC hinted in his talk with Mike L.

Comment

Judging by the shots on goal for BC he has not been replaced on the ice which explains 20 saves in the first period and 30 thru 2

Comment

Or maybe he figured it was pointless to stay on the Titanic.
                          Providence College
                          National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 73PCFriar View Post
                            I guess he wasn't up to the challenge to fight to get better and get his time back, at least that's what the HC hinted in his talk with Mike L.
                            It had to be Smith's lack of heart and failure in accepting the challenge rather than any fault of Timmy's to effectively coach or give enough a player enough ice time. Foxhole Timmy never takes the blame. If a player leaves or the team loses it's on them.

Out shot 45-15 and it wasn't even that close. BC stomped the Friars in the 1st and again in the 3rd. BC is a fun team to watch. Speed, speed and then more speed.
                            Beaudry was shelled but kept the Friars in the game. Nice goals by BC and nothing fluky.
                            Dumb penalties (especially two by JC) and lack of team defense and ZERO power play = last place in Hockeyeast and going nowhere!!!

*** Watch the Friars coaching staff next game and compare their actions/reactions to those of the opposing coaches. Tell me what you notice.

This is going to get worse over the next few weeks. It was their first game back after a month off and the team looks like they've already quit. BU is up next!

Comment

4-1 BC 45 shots on goal, you have to feel for Beaudry......Driscoll and Army were on Cox the other nite patting each other on the back for the great job they are doing and Army was all excited about coaching (and probably ruining) his kid next year.....you have to feel bad for the kid he has no choice

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                4-1 BC 45 shots on goal, you have to feel for Beaudry......Driscoll and Army were on Cox the other nite patting each other on the back for the great job they are doing and Army was all excited about coaching (and probably ruining) his kid next year.....you have to feel bad for the kid he has no choice
                                I did feel bad for Beaudry. I know it sounds sick but he had a good game all things considered. The end result would have been MUCH worse had he not played so well. BC skated circles around Providence in the first and third periods.

Army's son playing here reminds me of another player who got a scholarship to PC based on who he knew rather than based on merit. He did contribute two penalties tonight so he's got that working for him. HC didn't even offer that player a scholarship but PC did a few years ago???

Comment

Working...
                                X