First Half Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Half Thoughts

What did your team do well. What do they need to improve on. Any wish lists for the New Year? The only thing I want for the New Year is to hope my team can win and also be the better team on the ice...
    2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Re: First Half Thoughts

Stay out of the box. That is all.
    D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
    Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Zach Joy to get an assist and Norwich to lose!!! I just hope USM can keep moving in the right direction as they have been the last few games and realize how good they can be...

Comment

Play up to potential like they did against Superior, not like they did against Concordia MN.

Comment

Team seems to be doing OK. My wish is that they continue to mature and make it to Lake Placid
          Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Stay out of the penalty box, beat the teams their supposed to beat, and for me - patience, more patience - and to never doubt Matt Webb. ever.
            Jay, the Rowdy Crowd,and associated goons (Powerofyellowandblack) cannot be held liable for any injury, grevious bodily harm, or property damage that may be caused around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-PointRC View Post
              and to never doubt Matt Webb. ever.
              Well that would just be foolish. Only thing I've been saying about Point is that the 0-7 start in the NCHA was no reason for a meltdown by the Pointer faithful. Not the most desirable start obviously, but with 12-14 freshmen in the lineup at times some rough goings are inevitable. Look how long it took Scholastica to finally break through with that big class it had...was about four years. For good reason coaches are never patient and want immediate results, but sometimes it takes a while. I think Point right now is quite similar to that 05-06 CSS team...it should be interesting to see if its future path mirrors that of the Saints between then and now.
              Last edited by Matthew Webb; 12-14-2009, 03:24 PM.
              “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
              19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

I want Stout and all the fans to relax. Get healthy and not give up so many shots on net.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                  Well that would just be foolish. Only thing I've been saying about Point is that the 0-7 start in the NCHA was no reason for a meltdown by the Pointer faithful. Not the most desirable start obviously, but with 12-14 freshmen in the lineup at times some rough goings are inevitable. Look how long it took Scholastica to finally break through with that big class it had...was about four years. For good reason coaches are never patient and want immediate results, but sometimes it takes a while. I think Point right now is quite similar to that 05-06 CSS team...it should be interesting to see if its future path mirrors that of the Saints between then and now.
                  Oswego is doing okay with 12-14 freshmen in the line-up

Just kidding. Looking forward to seeing Stevens Point for the first time since the early part of this decade I believe with the old Elmira East/West faceoff that SP came to in 2001 or 2002? IIRC
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

A Goalie, and stay out of the box. These 10 min. misconducts and DQ's are getting old.

Comment

From the far East, it looks like the MASCAC will not take long to get some respect, due to successful seasons so far of it's top 4 teams. Also, the ECACNE hasn't really lost or gained from the changes. Seems like they are still an extension of last year at the top, with Curry & Wentworth at 7-0-1.
                      New Year's wish.....continued improvement all around.
                      Real Life is drawing without an eraser.

Comment

Just want them to Finnish this year just like they did the last 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
                          Finnish Bulldogs Also, finishing "just like they did the last 2 years" will be difficult, unless they decline the AQ
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by ADRdogs View Post
                            Winning their last game this season would certainly be significant.

Comment

I guess that would be swede if they did!
                              D-III Game Pics @ http://www.willcimages.com

Friends of Panther Hockey

Comment

Working...
                              X