No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    No, shootouts suck. They suck in the NHL, they suck in the CCHA, they suck in the AHL, they suck in every level of hockey in which they're used.
    Well said

Comment

• Re: The Battle for the Imaginary Cup - NMU vs. Michigan Tech, 12/18/09 and 1/12/10

No, shootouts suck. They suck in the NHL, they suck in the CCHA, they suck in the AHL, they suck in every level of hockey in which they're used.
      I am for OT's until the game ends, but that doesn't work either. I don't think shootouts are that terrible. They give the crowd a good ending even if the best team doesn't win.

Comment

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/72ULbWHHu90&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/72ULbWHHu90&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

This pretty much sums up U.P. Hockey.

The Orange uniform one is comparable to Soo Tech.
        Last edited by NMU8405; 12-14-2009, 12:24 AM.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Ironically, that sums up the Islanders these days too.

Comment

Know how I know it's NMU/Tech week? I go to work, and when I get back, I am 6 pages behind in the game thread

So what the hell did the Laker tard do in his thread? All I read this morning was the dumbass Merry Christmas post, and obviously it was all downhill from there...

Sadly, I won't be making the trip to Da Yoop for Friday... God forbid I actually get within 3 hours of decent snowboarding this season

Oh, and as far as a trophy goes... I seriously say we just make a fan trophy... Eff whatever the players/coaches/ADs do... Just make one and be done with it... No matter what it is, I say that we include Blizzard on a Noose... He is all about this rivalry... Well, he was, but then MEg had to go and run him over in her car... Because of the trauma of that event, he now has a drinking problem, as shown here...

*****http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7295/dayoop001.jpg******

Poor guy...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

*****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/BrotherSmall.jpg******

Comment

Seperated at birth
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Know how I know it's NMU/Tech week? I go to work, and when I get back, I am 6 pages behind in the game thread
                  *****http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7295/dayoop001.jpg******

Poor guy...
                  Originally posted by Yager View Post
                  *****http://img.***********.com/albums/v291/shutout31pyro/BrotherSmall.jpg******
                  Seperated at birth
                  Awesomeness lol... That's cute!
                  Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                  http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                  Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                  Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                  Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                  All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

I'm not sure whether I should be slightly amused or greatly disturbed

Comment

Cup?! Aw, don't get me started....
                      Huskeeeeez

Comment

Originally posted by MacInnes Diehard View Post
                        Cup?! Aw, don't get me started....
                        Do we really want to involve the cup? We know what 2 girls can do with a cup, what has that entire team of girls from Marquette done with this one over the last several years?
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Agreed.

As for tCup, I know it exists, but I don't think it should come back in to play until we play 4 games like we used to. Now I know with each team's respective conference scheduling it's hard to do anymore, but that's just my stand on it, and I would say that even if it wasn't currently sitting in my team's locker room.

I do, however, like the idea of a fanbase trophy between tPuckheads and tMisfits. That could get really fun.
                          Always a Wildcat...
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

So what the hell did the Laker tard do in his thread? All I read this morning was the dumbass Merry Christmas post, and obviously it was all downhill from there...
                            He called out Yager saying that LSSU had more national championships than Yager's team, which he assumed to be NMU for some reason. From there on, it was pretty much everyone saying "Yager's a tech fan, 3 is not greater than 3" followed by him saying "3>1. When did NMU win 2 more national championships?? idiots." Eventually, I think he realized what was actually happening and how stupid he looked, so he deleted the thread.
                            Sadly, I won't be making the trip to Da Yoop for Friday... God forbid I actually get within 3 hours of decent snowboarding this season
                            Bohemia opens Friday.

Oh, and as far as a trophy goes... I seriously say we just make a fan trophy... Eff whatever the players/coaches/ADs do... Just make one and be done with it... No matter what it is, I say that we include Blizzard on a Noose... He is all about this rivalry... Well, he was, but then MEg had to go and run him over in her car... Because of the trauma of that event, he now has a drinking problem, as shown here...

Poor guy...
                            Not that I condone MEg running him over (or driving at all for that matter...), but it seems to me that if he's stuck in a noose, getting run over wouldn't be the start of his problems.

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                            I do, however, like the idea of a fanbase trophy between tPuckheads and tMisfits. That could get really fun.
                            What do we call it? The Fooper Cup? The "I'm stuck in the UP and all I have to show for it is this lousy trophy" Cup?
                            Boosh Factor: 11

Michigan Tech Autographed Goal Pucks

Comment

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
                              What do we call it? The Fooper Cup? The "I'm stuck in the UP and all I have to show for it is this lousy trophy" Cup?
                              The Fooper Cup. Yes. Winner.
                              Always a Wildcat...
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
                                The Fooper Cup. Yes. Winner.
                                Lets get a sponsor for it. Preferably a bar or 2, that can provide us with alcohol. Ideally it would be one bar in each city, it could be the DT-(insert favorite Marquette bar here) Fooper Cup.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X