Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mid Season SNC Review -- Commentary, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Season SNC Review -- Commentary, etc...

With no SNC games until 2010, it's time to express your opionion to the following:
    1 -- Most improved returning player (on last season's roster)?
    2 -- Most improved "new" player from start of this season?
    3 -- Hardest working player?
    4 -- Top offensive player?
    5 -- Top defensive player?
    6 -- Player, whose play has slipped from last season's performance?
    7 -- Summarize your comments about the season to date:
    Surprised at success? Disappointed? About what you expected? Other comments??
    8 -- Where will SNC finish in final NCHA standings?
    9 -- Will SNC qualify for the NCAA's? If so, how far do we go?
    10 -- Will we play Adrian @ the CCC in the NCAA's?
    Have at it!!!!
    Last edited by pete99race; 12-14-2009, 06:50 PM.
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Re: Mid Season SNC Review -- Commentary, etc...

3. Ryd

Guy comes off the bench like he's shot out of a cannon.
    Last edited by Matthew Webb; 12-12-2009, 02:10 PM.
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Fun fact of the day: St. Norbert is currently the only school to be ranked in hockey, men's basketball and women's basketball.

Question of the day: Can someone please explain to me what this "basketball" is? I heard rumors it involves squeaking but the picture remains unclear.
      “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
      19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
        Fun fact of the day: St. Norbert is currently the only school to be ranked in hockey, men's basketball and women's basketball.

Question of the day: Can someone please explain to me what this "basketball" is? I heard rumors it involves squeaking but the picture remains unclear.
        I think it's that sport with a net that they hit the ball over and over again to each other without letting it touch the floor?
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

You might want to add to this -11.What big transfer will appear on our roster shortly?

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
          With no SNC games until 2010, it's time to express your opionion to the following:
          1 -- Most improved returning player (on last season's roster)?
          2 -- Most improved "new" player from start of this season?
          3 -- Hardest working player?
          4 -- Top offensive player?
          5 -- Top defensive player?
          6 -- Player, whose play has slipped from last season's performance?
          7 -- Summarize your comments about the season to date:
          Surprised at success? Disappointed? About what you expected? Other comments??
          8 -- Where will SNC finish in final NCHA standings?
          9 -- Will SNC qualify for the NCAA's? If so, how far do we go?
          10 -- Will we play Adrian @ the CCC in the NCAA's?
          Have at it!!!!
          Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
            You might want to add to this -11.What big transfer will appear on our roster shortly?
            I heard that the goalie transfer will not join the team until next season, to maintain two full years of eligibilty or are you talking about a different BIG transfer??
            SNC Men:
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:

Comment

no the goalie will do...makes sense to sit out a year, that would make him the goalie after the current young man graduates.

I heard that the goalie transfer will not join the team until next season, to maintain two full years of eligibilty or are you talking about a different BIG transfer??
              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

no the goalie will do...makes sense to sit out a year, that would make him the goalie after the current young man graduates.
                Can I assume this young man coming in to SNC next season is an east coast tender currently?
                WATCH Stout Blue Devil Hockey Live!

Stout Student Section: Devils' Advocates

NCHA Peters Cup Playoff Champions: 08-09
                NCHA Regular Season Championships: 06-08 (Shared)
                WIAC Championships: 10-11
                NCHA Runner-Up: 07-08
                NCAA National Tourney Appearances: 07-08, 08-09

Webmaster & Tech Guru - www.stouthockey.com - DIII Hockey's most popular fan site.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDevilRadio View Post
                  Can I assume this young man coming in to SNC next season is an east coast tender currently?
                  Jonathan LaRose (Boyle, Alberta)...played two seasons (2007-08, 2008-09)
                  with Amherst....splitting time in net with Cole Anderson.
                  Stats in 08-09: 12 -- 1 record, 1.39 GAA and .956 save %
                  SNC Men:
                  SNC Women:

Comment

Jonathan LaRose (Boyle, Alberta)...played two seasons (2007-08, 2008-09)
                    with Amherst....splitting time in net with Cole Anderson.
                    Stats in 08-09: 12 -- 1 record, 1.39 GAA and .956 save %
                    Yikes! I followed the tandem of Anderson and LaRose last season and like everyone else, I was impressed. I was wondering where he was this first semester? I figured he was playing in a lesser pro league, a la CHL or SPHL. Glad I was wrong...

Great news, but I still like this years squad and am psyched on the improvement of O'Brien.

Comment

This makes sense. It illustrates a difference between the Interlock and the rest of D3. In the Interlock world, a midyear addition gets about 2/3 of a season (Rick Cleaver, for example, started his career as a midyear addition to the roster), whereas at other schools half or more of the season may be gone before he gets to play.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                        Yikes! I followed the tandem of Anderson and LaRose last season and like everyone else, I was impressed. I was wondering where he was this first semester? I figured he was playing in a lesser pro league, a la CHL or SPHL. Glad I was wrong...

Great news, but I still like this years squad and am psyched on the improvement of O'Brien.
                        O'Brien is one of the keys to why SNC got the results they did this first semester. He looks like a totally different guy in goal this season.
                        With the addition of LaRose, where does that leave Bashor for next season? Probably, #3 on the depth chart.
                        I would think LaRose pushes O'Brien for #1
                        SNC Men:
                        SNC Women:

Comment

What doesn't make sense is why would the young man give up an education at Amherst.

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          This makes sense. It illustrates a difference between the Interlock and the rest of D3. In the Interlock world, a midyear addition gets about 2/3 of a season (Rick Cleaver, for example, started his career as a midyear addition to the roster), whereas at other schools half or more of the season may be gone before he gets to play.
                          Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

What doesn't make sense is why would the young man give up an education at Amherst.
                            1- SNC is a fine school as well (albeit not Amherst)
                            2- It's much closer to his home
                            3- He was splitting time with another excellent goalie at Amherst
                            4- SNC is only crazy expensive compared to Amherst at outrageously expensive
                            5- etc, etc
                            Last edited by altazo; 12-19-2009, 09:04 PM.

Comment

You guys do realize that people can succeed in life without attending one of your precious NESCAC schools right? You guys are amazing and I wonder if you all ever will stop casting the elitism from your self proclaimed lofty perches. Wait what am i saying Norwich isnt in the NESCAC so pipe down and grow up. Wheres jerry Im sure he can take time off from blowing Midd to give Amherst a little jiggle for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X