This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

According to Kenny Schott, D'Amigo was a last minute add to the show... as RPI was practicing at the time, but Jerry was given the day off by Appert. So Jerry's legs will get some recovery time before Q.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      According to Kenny Schott, D'Amigo was a last minute add to the show... as RPI was practicing at the time, but Jerry was given the day off by Appert. So Jerry's legs will get some recovery time before Q.
      That's good to hear. I'm sure he's had plenty of "practice" in the last couple of weeks.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
        RPI when scoring 3+ goals: 10-3-0
        RPI when allowing 3+ goals: 4-7-0

First to three wins.
        honestly this is true for any team. You hold the opponent to a few goals or none while you score a good amount and you're going to win? real shocker there. Someone call Ripley's maybe?
        Keep in mind we've lost all the games that no one scores more than 2 as well; which were all caused by great goal tending from the other team.

Bottom line: Number of goals means nothing. Our offense has generated more opportunities this year than i've seen in a long time - we can score. But defensively and in goal? We've been shaky. Goal tending is the key, and ours is hopefully on the upswing. If we don't give up easy ones, we'll probably win.

In the end I just want one more than our opponent, I don't care how many go up on the board.
        The color of illusion is perfect blue
        Chase: What Matters.

Comment

D'Amigo is out v. Qpac according to Ken Schott. He will play Sunday v. PU>

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...innipiac-game/

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post

Interesting.
            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-07-2010, 03:51 PM.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Mabey he got hurt taking the puck to his body in the final minutes agaist Cananda, when he slid across the ice to block the shot

Comment

I'm not surprised. He has played more hockey in the last two weeks than he would have played in a month. And the games were played with very little time in between.
                He needs the rest and we need to make sure he comes back ready to play.
                I would love to see him tomorrow, but I can wait. The team will be better off giving him some time.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
                  honestly this is true for any team. You hold the opponent to a few goals or none while you score a good amount and you're going to win? real shocker there. Someone call Ripley's maybe?
                  Keep in mind we've lost all the games that no one scores more than 2 as well; which were all caused by great goal tending from the other team.

Bottom line: Number of goals means nothing. Our offense has generated more opportunities this year than i've seen in a long time - we can score. But defensively and in goal? We've been shaky. Goal tending is the key, and ours is hopefully on the upswing. If we don't give up easy ones, we'll probably win.

In the end I just want one more than our opponent, I don't care how many go up on the board.
                  Technically untrue; no one scored more than 2 goals in the RPI-UA_ game, and that went down officially as a tie. However, you would be correct in that we haven't won without getting 3+ goals, though any team getting 3+ has only happened a few times: Army, SLU, Cornell, and UA_. Three of these involved "dreaded third period" game-changing goals.

I think the key is, with exception to the SHU/AIC weekend, and the OT loss to Union, if we come to play in the 3rd period, we do well. I can't think of any other games where we didn't take the 3rd period by force and won, or took the 3rd period by force and still lost. I'm probably forgetting a few occurrences, but I think even after a few years and many different players, it just all comes down to that "dreaded third period" once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                    Mabey he got hurt taking the puck to his body in the final minutes agaist Cananda, when he slid across the ice to block the shot
                    It seems more likely that he is mentally exhausted. Also conceivably he is having to make up finals now, although hopefully he took them earlier.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                      I doubt it is a physical injury (as opposed to fatigue) given the pronouncement that he will play on Sunday.

Comment

Just an extra day to rest.

Nothing to see here people.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post

This is ignorant. There's really nothing more to say about it.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                            Just an extra day to rest.

Nothing to see here people.
                            Complete agreement with this statement. Seven games in the past 10-or-so days. Who WOULDN'T be tired?

Comment

Here's a scary thought: We've yet to win a game when trailing after 1. Granted it's only happened 6 times, but still...

Light it up just like how Republicans vote: Early and often.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                That's good to hear. I'm sure he's had plenty of "practice" in the last couple of weeks.
                                I did not get confirmation about Jerry coming on the show until 10:30 a.m. Thursday.
                                "That was a lot of fun. We don't go to jail, we beat up their chicken forwards, we score 10 goals and win. Now, 'The Moose' drinks beer." -- Defenseman Andre Dupont after the "Broad Street Bullies" Flyers beat up Vancouver, 11-5, in March 1973.

Comment

Working...
                                X