This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Another Hockey's Future thread about JD'A http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=720218. There is some insight among the nonsense (something you could say about USCHO also).
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      I would also like to suggest someone check into who is sharpening the skates as i never saw so many edges lost by a team in one game as against MSU. We seemed to be falling all over the place.
      It's carried over to the WJC http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=879.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I swear-there is something to this. I never saw so many lost edges in one game as we had against MSU. I noticed a similar thing in some of the games i watched on UStream but it was just so obvious at the GLI.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
          I've been using this cut for about 6 months or so and I like it. You can really feel the difference the first time out. Unfortunately it tends to wear faster than the standard radius so you need to sharpen more often. Unfortunately it is not available everywhere and there are always cases where you need an emergency sharpening and have to rely on the nearest pro shop. Going back and forth takes a few minutes to adjust though and for that reason it makes sense to buy an extra set of steel so you can change out a blade with a bad edge and not have to go back to the standard radius cut.
          Agreed on all counts. I've been using the FBV since February, and as you say the difference was noticeable my very first time on the ice with the cut. I keep meaning to send my old steel out to get the FBV cut put on them so I've got a spare set to use in a pinch.

Comment

Another Hockey's Future thread about JD'A http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=720218. There is some insight among the nonsense (something you could say about USCHO also).
            That's what I'm here for, Ralph.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              That is the key-in this ECAC sometimes you can catch teams when they are on a hot streak and no matter what you do-they just have their best effort for you to deal with. It is all about the match ups-if you can catch teams when things are going less well-then you have a much easier time.
              DrD, I agree 100% with this post. Not long ago I was talking with my son about the very same thing. We both wish RPI had caught Dartmouth and Harvard early in the year as we don`t feel either is as bad as they seem to be and it would have been great to catch them when they were in a funk.The flip side is that we didn`t have to play Quinny when they were red hot. TheTiming of when you play some teams and what kind of streak they are on is one of the subtle things that doesn`t jump out at the casual observer when they look at the outcomes of games compared to the overall win loss records of the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                DrD, I agree 100% with this post. Not long ago I was talking with my son about the very same thing. We both wish RPI had caught Dartmouth and Harvard early in the year as we don`t feel either is as bad as they seem to be and it would have been great to catch them when they were in a funk.The flip side is that we didn`t have to play Quinny when they were red hot. TheTiming of when you play some teams and what kind of streak they are on is one of the subtle things that doesn`t jump out at the casual observer when they look at the outcomes of games compared to the overall win loss records of the teams.
                We also benefited from playing Yale very early in their season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Of course you are correct. But the same holds true for running into a hot goaltender.
                  The thing is, you have to be ready to play at your highest level no matter what/who you are playing against.
                  You can only control your own actions.
                  We have the talent, I believe that we learned a lot the last three games.
                  Now we have to carry that over to the ECAC.
                  I believe that at our best, we can beat every team in the league. There is no overwhelming team this year, so the league is up for grabs.
                  I see us in the middle of the pack (5,6 or 7) at the end of the regular season, but look out in the playoffs.
                  By then, we should be ready to roll.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

We also benefited from playing Yale very early in their season.
                    I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Of course you are correct. But the same holds true for running into a hot goaltender.
                      The thing is, you have to be ready to play at your highest level no matter what/who you are playing against.
                      You can only control your own actions.
                      I believe that at our best, we can beat every team in the league. There is no overwhelming team this year, so the league is up for grabs.
                      I see us in the middle of the pack (5,6 or 7) at the end of the regular season, but look out in the playoffs.
                      All this makes sense of course. But we have got to get on some sort of roll soon-we cannot be satisfied by win one and then lose one. This team has enough talent to win several in a row-when healthy and everyone is playing. We have reached the point in the season where we should no longer have to experiment-we should know who are the go to guys. We should be riding the horses that have shown they can do it.(and I'm convinced we have the horses) A healthy Bergin and the return of D'Amigo should make a world of difference.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I agree.
                        ..and UNH.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          Yeah, RPI should be "ready to roll" Last year at his time the engineers had 1 win out of conference.(12/31) This year 6. So the imporvement from last year is evident. But I will throw this out there/ the ECAC is tougher this year than last. ECAC has about 34 nc losses this year as opposed to 43 last year at this time.

Some of the Ivies haven't hit their stride yet or schedule. Like Dartmouth has only played 11 games. Rensseaer has played 21. Harvard and Dartmouth will get better as the season moves forward. I saw Dartmouth play 3 times in person last year I can't believe they aren't going to play better.

This is the best ECAC top to bottom in years. 3 ECAC teams in top 10 and Union is 18.(and we all know RPI is better than Union) HFH is going to be a great place to be as winter winds down but RPI is going to have to play lights out to finish in the top 4. I picked them before the season started to go to Times Union Center and I still believe they can.

It is not only parody but it is better parody. Cornell a top 10 has lost to Princeton, Qpac another top 10 has lost to Harvard and Harvard almost beat #5 BC. Harvard has only played a dozen games this year. On this thread everone thinks Harvard stinks. My guess is the last couple weeks in Feb. they will have a chance.

It is going to be a great ECAC season and you gotta believe Seth can keep them in the thick of things but it ain't a given.

Comment

Jerry D'Amigo had two assists in the shootout loss to Canada on Thursday. He has gone 4-1-5-6-0 and is tied for second in scoring on Team USA.
                            I don't know if anyone got a chance to watch this game last night, but it was a dandy. A great game to watch. The US carried most of the play until the last 4 minutes or so, holding a two-goal lead. Canada stepped up the pressure and tied the game. I had a feeling that if it went to a shootout, then that was in Canada's favor.

Anyway, a very nice game by D'Amigo and the commentators had some very good things to say about him. He won just about every puck battle he was in. Had some great passes, included one with him streaking down the wing and looking up at the clock (in full stride) as time ran out and made the pass to Johnson in front for the score. I really like his game. I said a year or so ago that I thought he reminded me of Scott Gomez. I'd be interested in people's take on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                              It is not only parody but it is better parody.
                              Huh?

Parody = an inferior imitation
                              Parity = equality or functional equivalence

I got your point though.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                Huh?

Parody = an inferior imitation
                                Parity = equality or functional equivalence

I got your point though.
                                did I say that wine with dinner I need a ghostwriter
                                Last edited by Beman; 01-01-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X