Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010: Calmly Step Away from the Ledge

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    They need to finish off the 6 game sweep.

Tech - Complete
    Holiday Classic (Pending)
    Harvard - (Pending)

That will give them a winning record against the CCHA, and against the ECAC which will help. It's too late to fix the CHA thing, at least it was a split.
    I hesitate to put too much emphasis on Cepis coming on, but if he comes out strong he could provide some added confidence for this crazy team. The total sweep is possible but not a given with this group.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      I hesitate to put too much emphasis on Cepis coming on, but if he comes out strong he could provide some added confidence for this crazy team. The total sweep is possible but not a given with this group.
      The word has been pretty good in Cepis in practice has it not? It's practice, so take it for what it's worth...

I don't want to say one player can turn this thing around (because it's not possible I don't think) but who knows, maybe he'll bring something extra to the lineup.
      04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
      USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
      I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
      Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
      I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

Originally posted by ajoyce02 View Post
        The word has been pretty good in Cepis in practice has it not? It's practice, so take it for what it's worth...

I don't want to say one player can turn this thing around (because it's not possible I don't think) but who knows, maybe he'll bring something extra to the lineup.
        Well it sounds like he once knew how to find the back of the net so that can't be all bad. Any possible addition to get the offense going will be welcome.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Look what Dorr did for Mankato last weekend...he only played one game but was productive and will probably see more games after the break. Saw Cepis play at Bowling Green, he will be useful for this team at a time they need it.
          Remember the 5 "S's" of hockey - Speed, Size, Strength, Skill and Smarts - The more you have of these, the higher level you get to go to....

Comment

Could last weekend's sweep be the turn-around the Gophers need to make a late run?

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
              Could last weekend's sweep be the turn-around the Gophers need to make a late run?
              Not by itself.

If the finish the 6 game sweep documented below, then yes it is possible.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm hoping he can fill in with some contagious intensity. According to Lucia, Cepis is a lot like Jay Barriball, small but with quick hands and good speed. According to Roman, Lucia plans to start Patterson in the holiday tourney and vs. Harvard and rotate Kangas in. I like the idea of a rotation. I've been impressed at the quality goaltending so far this year.

Only Schroeder goes to WJC which actually is a good thing. Guys have been coming back gassed in previous years. He'll be back for the Harvard series. We hope he comes back. I'm hoping for no drama during the break.
                Last edited by HarleyMC; 12-15-2009, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Not by itself.

Agreed. Friday the Gophers looked sketchy, although Saturday they looked much better (but still somehow escaped). More missed opportunities on Sat by both teams from what I saw, although the Techies seemed to notice MTU mail it in more towards the end of each game.

Whether that was due to conditioning (and the related short roster) or just getting that "here we go again" feeling, that opinion varies from person to person.

As Scoobs said, this is just a start. If they can use this to gain confidence, and get that 6 game sweep, then yay! Sure, it "only started with MTU," but hey, it's something. It's 4 points and a series sweep no matter how you look at it.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Whether that was due to conditioning...
                    Did the skating treadmill break down?
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Not by itself.

I have a slightly different take. I see it as going undefeaated in the next 4 (meaning a tie in there would be acceptable) and then at LEAST a split against UND to follow that (I'm tempted to say they have to take 3pts from UND, but that will be a very tough feat). If they can do all that, go undefeated in non-conference followed by at least a split with UND, I will be ready to say this team is back on track to be in contention come the end of the season....assuming they don't **** down their legs at some later point.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        Did the skating treadmill break down?
                        That was the running joke this weekend, for sure.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Also very excited to see Cepis play in a few weeks here. Yes, he's only one player. But If he adds 1/2 a goal a game, that will be huge for this team in terms of tangible results, and also in the intangibles like confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                            Also very excited to see Cepis play in a few weeks here. Yes, he's only one player. But If he adds 1/2 a goal a game, that will be huge for this team in terms of tangible results, and also in the intangibles like confidence.
                            You can score 1/2 goals in this sport????

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              You can score 1/2 goals in this sport????

Anything is possible.
                              Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                              dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                              wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                                Anything is possible.
                                MTU winning an NC in the next 5 years.

UND playing a penalty-free game.

MN fans not being arrogant.

There's three things that strike down your argument.

Comment

Working...
                                X