Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010: Calmly Step Away from the Ledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010: Calmly Step Away from the Ledge

I think it's totally classless (meaning it shows no class), when fans of other teams come into other teams threads and make disparaging comments.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
      Hey! My old high school is looking for a new hockey coach, I heard you have one for sale?
      Nice to see you are still in high school. What are you 15 years old?
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Anyone else pumped for the end of Fischer's eligibility? I sure am.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          I actually don't hate him as much as most. His errors stand out, but if you watch him for an extended period, I don't think he deserves as much venom as he gets. The last couple games I've watched how often he goes into the corner when the other team has the puck, and in a one-on-one battle, he usually comes out with it. This doesn't seem like a lot, but it results in a number of possession changes. If he was really as terrible as everybody says, why isn't he sitting out for Helgeson and Schack regularly? Am I the only one that feels this way?

By the way, watching the HS games today. Is Rau going to CC? I can't recall?

Comment

I said last year I hoped he would sign a pro contract and forego his senior season.

People always come back at me that he is better than any of the other options. But I really don't know...he can move the puck well, but he makes so many simple, stupid, unfocused mistakes...I'll be glad to see him leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
              Would have been nice to have him back for the Bye Week series that's always a tough one.
              We always seem to look past that weekend.

My guess is the Gophs take this...too many intangibles on their side as well as improving play.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

The Gophers are slowly getting better. Fighting their way back into the game last night was nice to see.

The problem is that it was too late. If they start this a month or two ago, and continued to progress, this season could have been a different story. It is pretty much too little too late though. Better than no progress whatsoever, obviously, but winning the final five is the only way I see the Gophers managing to make the NCAA's.

Comment

The Gophers are slowly getting better. Fighting their way back into the game last night was nice to see.

The problem is that it was too late. If they start this a month or two ago, and continued to progress, this season could have been a different story. It is pretty much too little too late though. Better than no progress whatsoever, obviously, but winning the final five is the only way I see the Gophers managing to make the NCAA's.
                  Could be...not smart enough to figure that out. A sweep of SCSU at PWR 6 would have been important.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

but winning the final five is the only way I see the Gophers managing to make the NCAA's.
                    I think two wins at the Final Five might be enough to do it (two seasons ago, it was). For this to happen, MN needs to be within a couple games of .500 vs TUCs at the end of the regular season, though (they can make up that ground by winning the first round playoff series and going 2-1 at the F5).

Comment

It can't come fast enough.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                        By the way, watching the HS games today. Is Rau going to CC? I can't recall?
                        Rau is uncommitted.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Wheeeeeeee!!

Comment

Wheeeeeeee!!
                            +1.

Comment

Well that pretty much officially kills MN's season, unless they pull some sort of miracle out of their *** in the remaining weeks. Given their inability to finish, I don't see that happening.

Comment

Time to start talking about freshmen coming in that will disappoint, and players that need to step up but won't.

Comment

Working...
                                X