Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010: Calmly Step Away from the Ledge

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    Winning the WJC gold has obviously been a great confidence booster for Jordan Schroeder, who probably entered the tournament a little shell shocked from the Gophers collapse. Looking ahead, hopefully that confidence will provide a spark for the Gophers when he returns to practice with the team tomorrow. His NHL stock definitely has gone up as a result of his record setting play in the WJCs. I'd definitely like to see what Schroeder/Cepis on a line together would look like.
    Best case scenario is that Cepis gives Schroeder the linemate he's missed since Barriball went down and Minnesota gets that extra goal per game they need/quits making mediocre goalies great. Worst case scenario is where we're at now - team continues to not click, Schroeder continues his funk and everyone calls for a new savior.

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    What did Danny do to you?
    I wonder if there is anything to that UNO clause rumor?
    Could be an interesting offseason for the Gophers.
    It always is.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Saturday's is tape delayed. Comes on at 11:30 PM after the Wild and a College Basketball game of all things.
    At least this is the last one.
    M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      I wonder if there is anything to that UNO clause rumor?
      Could be an interesting offseason for the Gophers.
      I'm doubting it. Minnesota is going to buy out the contract of a coach in a Tier II sport like Ice hockey?

Its easy to for fans to start rumors, but who's going to pay the freight?

I actually wonder if another NHL team might take a look at Deano now. He's kind of like Herb Brooks and maybe the WJT success has increased his stock.

Comment

Saturday's is tape delayed. Comes on at 11:30 PM after the Wild and a College Basketball game of all things.
        Originally posted by StateOfGophers View Post
        At least this is the last one.
        Fortunately an FM radio station has stepped forward to broadcast games.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
          This is the first I've heard of UMass as an oppenent next season. I found the 2010-2011 schedule thread on GPL and the only non-conf talk was the showcase (U-Mi & MSU play MN & UW) and MN's holiday tournament.

Sounds like fun, I don't think MN and UMass have played in a long time - if ever?
          They played in the Alaska tournament at the beginning of the year about 5 years ago. The Gophers won the game 2-1 or 1-0, scoring a goal in the last minute. If these games are confirmed I think this could shape up to be an excellent series.
          Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
            Sounds like a perfect description of Danny Kristo
            I started watching Danny Kristo when he played for the Omaha Lancers where he logged 58 pts./50 games. He could flat out play then and he's even better now. His speed, stickhandling and backcheck was clearly evident and a huge asset for USA. He's a team player and I thought he had a sensational WJC.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              I'm doubting it. Minnesota is going to buy out the contract of a coach in a Tier II sport like Ice hockey?

Its easy to for fans to start rumors, but who's going to pay the freight?

I actually wonder if another NHL team might take a look at Deano now. He's kind of like Herb Brooks and maybe the WJT success has increased his stock.
              You'd be hard pressed to find examples of a guy getting his first NHL head coaching job at 60.

I'd say most likely scenarios over next 3-4 years:

Continues to coach at UNO 45%
              Offered, and takes U of M job 40%
              Leverages his WJT success with USA hockey into a position with them, maybe with an eye to being Olympic coach 15%
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

This stinks, from a Roman tweet:

Coach Lucia said Matson would see doc again next week. No bones broken, but Lucia said he might be out for six to eight weeks.

Comment

This stinks, from a Roman tweet:
                  This team is certainly snakebit when it comes to injuries. Matson comes to play every night and he's the guy that ends up hurt. {sigh}
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This team is certainly snakebit when it comes to injuries. Matson comes to play every night and he's the guy that ends up hurt. {sigh}
                    Well that somewhat negates Cepis coming in. The great thing about getting Cepis out there was that it made our first line better, but also made our third line better with Sachetti moving down. But that second part is moot if Matson is out for almost the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                      Well that somewhat negates Cepis coming in. The great thing about getting Cepis out there was that it made our first line better, but also made our third line better with Sachetti moving down. But that second part is moot if Matson is out for almost the rest of the season.
                      Barriball's injury had already negated Cepis' coming arrival. Now it's even worse.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Barriball's injury had already negated Cepis' coming arrival. Now it's even worse.
                        The glass has a crack, eh?

BTW, saw Barriball walking the concourse on Friday night...limping.

Comment

The glass has a crack, eh?

BTW, saw Barriball walking the concourse on Friday night...limping.
                          1. Obviously haven't read Scooby's sig for awhile. All that is left is for the dust to blow away.

2. Was Jay eating crack nuts? Maybe if they are powerful enough to make you feel happy after a loss, they have healing powers too? (You almost have me convinced to drive down for a game this year just to try them.)

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            I started watching Danny Kristo when he played for the Omaha Lancers where he logged 58 pts./50 games. He could flat out play then and he's even better now. His speed, stickhandling and backcheck was clearly evident and a huge asset for USA. He's a team player and I thought he had a sensational WJC.
                            Kristo is an extremely offensively gifted player with speed and finishing ability to boot. Reminds me of Phil Kessel with a tad more grit.

Kristo had several defensive lapses at the WJC that led to opposition goals - I have the games on tape and would have to re-visit, but goals scored by Sweden and Canada come to mind where you saw Kristo's guy score and Kristo trailing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                              1. Obviously haven't read Scooby's sig for awhile. All that is left is for the dust to blow away.

2. Was Jay eating crack nuts? Maybe if they are powerful enough to make you feel happy after a loss, they have healing powers too? (You almost have me convinced to drive down for a game this year just to try them.)
                              I would have changed status is they had executed the 7 game winning streak going into UND that they should have.

Now that we have the NMU loss it stays. Lose to Harvard and the glass dust may have to be dissolved in some sort of liquid.

Comment

I would have changed status is they had executed the 7 game winning streak going into UND that they should have.

Now that we have the NMU loss it stays. Lose to Harvard and the glass dust may have to be dissolved in some sort of liquid.
                                So what will it take for you to fire up the furnace, melt the dust and blow another glass? A four game win streak?

Comment

Working...
                                X