Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010: Calmly Step Away from the Ledge

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    To: ScoobyDoo, Koho, Slap Shot, Driftryder, state of hockey, goldy_331, Brenthoven, Stauber1, ajoyce02, Happy, 5mn_Major, 4four4, Bakunin, Greyeagle, StateofGophers, dxmnkd316, Shot, SAVE Kangas!, HoosierBBall_GopherHockey, mcboozle, Gophers #1, johnnypohlfan (and I probably missed someone ). Oh, and how could I forget all those obsessed and compulsive, closet Gopher fans: Skeeterman, Goon, Dirty, wasmania, brianvf, MinnesotaNorthStar, SCSU Euro, dggoddard, etc..

I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

*****http://i594.***********.com/albums/tt28/harleymc1/dittopic.png******

Merry Christmas to you to Harley have a good one. I love the ditto house.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

To: ScoobyDoo, Koho, Slap Shot, Driftryder, state of hockey, goldy_331, Brenthoven, Stauber1, ajoyce02, Happy, 5mn_Major, 4four4, Bakunin, Greyeagle, StateofGophers, dxmnkd316, Shot, SAVE Kangas!, HoosierBBall_GopherHockey, mcboozle, Gophers #1, johnnypohlfan (and I probably missed someone ). Oh, and how could I forget all those obsessed and compulsive, closet Gopher fans: Skeeterman, Goon, Dirty, wasmania, brianvf, MinnesotaNorthStar, SCSU Euro, dggoddard, etc..

Merry Christmas to all!
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

What are the odds the "Ditto" house is a JBSU fan?
        Merry Christmas!

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          I'm sure SCSU is just wonderful this year, thanks for telling us.
          I didn't say they're wonderful, I just said to say they're the same squad as last year is... well... as bad of a scouting report as I'd expect from you.

Geez, don't you pay attention? I'm a closet UND fan.
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Merry Christmas to you as well Harley, and to everyone else!

Comment

Ditto.

Merry Christmas from Pioneer Nation to all Gopher fans.

The photo below was taken by a Badger fan this week in Petra, Jordan of DU & Minnesota hockey fans who just randomly met while sightseeing. If these three people can put aside their differences in one of the most war torn regions on earth, can't we at USCHO.com do the same during the Holiday Season? ........... Nah, I didn't think so.
              *****http://1.bp.blogspot.com/__Rt973W_blQ/SzOgf470TOI/AAAAAAAAIak/PmMUvCec3LY/s400/get-attachment.jpg******
              Last edited by dggoddard; 12-24-2009, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Right back at you. and hope you have a merry of Christmas.
                Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Happy Ramachristmakwanzakuhvus to you all!
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

To you and everyone as well. Hope it was a good one. As usual I am out of computer shot during the Holidays.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

For once its nice to be singled out!

Merry Xmass to you and to the rest of us with little life to speak of.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

I know it's been a tough year for you guys (well, relatively ) so I thought I'd share this link I just remembered I had, it's a collection of old gopher jerseys that was on Uni Watch a few months back. Enjoy

http://stores.classicmnhockey.com/-s...Categories.bok
                        Arenas Attended
                        Matthews Arena
                        Agganis Arena
                        Tsongas Arena
                        Lawler Arena
                        Schneider Arena
                        Mullins Center
                        TD Banknorth Garden
                        Conte Forum
                        Whittemore Center
                        Gutterson Fieldhouse
                        Alfond Arena
                        Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Thanks, and Merry X-mas (late) and Happy New Year to all fellow (suffering) Gopher fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Thanks man and to you as well!

btw - please tell me the ditto house is yours.
                            No, it's not my house. Even though the neighbor's house looks nice, the DITTO HOUSE still wins.

Comment

Hey guys...Harvard fan here who will be making the trip to Mariucci this year. I thought both Harvard and Minnesota would be coming into these games with better records, but the beauty of college hockey is that anything can happen.

A couple of questions:
                              1) Can anyone suggest a few nice places to eat? My wife is not a diehard hockey fan, but is being a great sport, so if possible, I'd like to repay her with a nice dinner. Hoping for one place that has a university feel and than a nicer place that one might host a business dinner at
                              2) We are staying at the Westin downtown (intersection of Marquette & 6th St). Should I take a cab from airport and take cabs throughout the weekend or should I rent a car? Is Mariucci walkable from the hotel?
                              3) Any other suggestions? Things to do during the day on Saturday?

Thanks in advance and as opposed to hogging your thread (I will come back to check if you just want to reply to this post), you can also email me at charowbotham@yahoo.com

Comment

The walk to Mariucci would be roughly three miles from there. If you love to take long walks (half an hour or so) in the cold, go for it. Check with the hotel for maybe they have a shuttle service of some sort. At the very least they could tell you a good option to use.

Use the light rail. The Hiawatha line will take you from the airport to within a few blocks of the hotel, and for quite a bit less than a cab.

Edit: The light rail station to use would be the Nicollet Mall Station, it is near Nicollet and 5th, which is a block north and a block east of 6th and Marquette.
                                Last edited by state of hockey; 12-30-2009, 11:24 PM.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X