Thoughts on Ferris State Hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Ferris State Hockey?

I know, this should go in the thread "Ferris State Hockey 2009-2010 2 Minutes for Tripping" but if I did that, no outsiders of FSU Hockey would read it.

I want to know what everyones thoughts are on Ferris State this year?

From a post in that thread earlier:

Alright, #17 Ferris State Bulldogs 10-0 at home now, 13-3 (Counting shootout wins as a win)...What more does the Hockey World want from a team to consider them the real deal?

Swept #1 Miami @ Miami (Two Shootout Wins) (Who have swept #20 St. Cloud, Beat New Hampshere, Beat #11 Michigan State, Swept Michigan, and just beat #14 Notre Dame)

Swept Ohio State (who have beat #2 Denver, #5 Bemidji State & Michigan)

Swept #18 UNO (Who have beat #8 Mass-Lowell and Colgate)

Current Hot streak 6-0-1. Did not lose in November, and if Ferris State sweeps Western Michigan this weekend (Which they should) that will be both November and December undefeated, 11-0 at home, and 15-3 overall.

Also, Ferris State Hockey’s Blair Riley was named National Player of the Week last week by Inside College Hockey (INCH – ESPN http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/category/potw/) and the Detroit Free Press claimed it as well: http://www.freep.com/article/2009112...er-of-the-week. And he is CCHA Player of the Month.

USCHO hasn't even made mention of Ferris State yet, it's a joke what these boys have to go through to get attention.

Re: Thoughts on Ferris State Hockey?

Who cares about attention? there is NOTHING determined by attention/popularity/polls. Keep winning the games, and the attention will come in the post season/NCAA's determined by rankings not popularity.
    Congrats on a good season so far, I guarantee you no one on that team gives a rat's butt about attention, and if they do, their own attention is focused in the wrong direction.

Comment

It's not about attention for the players and the coaches. They don't care, and shouldn't..your right.

The attention is much needed for publicity for the hockey team. More publicity is better for recruting, and not only that, but for attendance at Ferris. The more National Recognition, the more the papers have to write about, the news stations have to talk about, the more coverage of Ferris Hockey, more attendance, more college hockey fans, college hockey sport goes up in popularity.

Look on the business aspect of things.

Comment

Oh, look, ANOTHER Ferris thread.
        Always a Wildcat...
        Originally posted by Kepler
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Dom, calm down. It's ok. Ferris has already snagged several good recruits for next year. If they continue on the pace they are at, they will get the attention. Like everyone else seems to be saying, that national attention isn't something that all teams want and don't really think about. A ranking is just a number. Nothing else. For Ferris, I'm not so sure that it's a great thing. They've had a history of falling apart in the second half of the season. They just need to keep playing the way they have been playing and not worry about anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by FerrisStateHockeyFan View Post

I want to know what everyones thoughts are on Ferris State this year?
            Annoying fans on the internet.
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by totalx View Post
              Dom, calm down. It's ok. Ferris has already snagged several good recruits for next year. If they continue on the pace they are at, they will get the attention. Like everyone else seems to be saying, that national attention isn't something that all teams want and don't really think about. A ranking is just a number. Nothing else. For Ferris, I'm not so sure that it's a great thing. They've had a history of falling apart in the second half of the season. They just need to keep playing the way they have been playing and not worry about anything else.

Totalx, may you private message me your name. I am not like you and hide behind a username. My name is Brandon Halvinski and am a student at Ferris State University. A senior I may add, and sorry there is ONE fan out there for Ferris State who is Die Hard.

Dom? Who's Dom?

Comment

Ferris is good at getting a one goal lead and praying to hang on to it or a tie from what I've seen, pretty good at multiple useless threads too. I think that's where the real strength of the program is.

Comment

Ferris State has a hockey team?
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                  Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Pal, it's a forum. You're asked to sign up with an alias. All I am saying is is that a ranking is little more than a number assigned by the media. Don't get me wrong--it's great to see Ferris off to this type of start. They are now ranked 13th and 6th in the PWR, which is the real number people should look at. Yes, they are a good hockey team. With due time, they will get attention. I'd much rather have them fly in under the radar than have lofty expectations because of a silly number.

Also, there is no Brandon Halvinski that is enrolled at Ferris

Comment

I know, this should go in the thread "Ferris State Hockey 2009-2010 2 Minutes for Tripping" but if I did that, no outsiders of FSU Hockey would read it.
                      Yeah, that sound about right. I don't see how this is a problem.
                      BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                      Skating Friar Jersey
                      AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                      UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                      Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Swept #1 Miami @ Miami (Two Shootout Wins)
                        Good farkin' lawrd, Ferris did not sweep Miami - they tied them twice! I don't see a W anywhere on here next to FSU vs. Miami... Dear god, stop saying Ferris "swept" the Redhawks - you just make yourself sound even dumber than the rest of this thread.
                        Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                        B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                        CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                        ECAC:
                        HEA: UMass
                        NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                        Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

I didn't even know Ferris was a state.
                          And if we die, before the battle's through, tell your mom, tell your dad, we were super rad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett Gobe View Post
                            I didn't even know Ferris was a state.
                            It's over by Tilt-A-Whirl...

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                              It's over by Tilt-A-Whirl...
                              Just north of Gravitron.
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                              X