Saint Anselm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Anselm

Has anyone seen them play this year? Well over 100 shots this weekend and they still loose both games. Looks like they have been out shooting opponents all year but cant seem to put the puck in the net. I believe they are a young team too. Could they be getting back to where they were a few years ago?

Re: Saint Anselm

Maybe there's been some home cooking on those shot counts?? Shot counts were just average on the 2 away games . . .

Comment

Even if there was home cooking, or the shot counter did not know what they were doing, the fact remains that the official record has those counts. We have to accept them as true, even if we look at them with a jaundiced eye.

But, in counterpoint, what about the shot counter @ NEC?? Either Tufts has a plan to play firewagon hockey that forgets defense and relies 100% on the goaltender, or the same shot counter was at both rinks.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Even if there was home cooking, or the shot counter did not know what they were doing, the fact remains that the official record has those counts. We have to accept them as true, even if we look at them with a jaundiced eye.
        No, we don't.
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

But, in counterpoint, what about the shot counter @ NEC?? Either Tufts has a plan to play firewagon hockey that forgets defense and relies 100% on the goaltender, or the same shot counter was at both rinks.

NEC has been know for this over the years...

Comment

I was at the Tufts game.St.A's lost the game, but from every objective point of view ,outplayed Tufts.I did not keep track of the shots, but the number did not suprise me or anyone else at the game.
            They are a very young team(1 senior) and if they can get decent goal tending and learn to finish, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with.
            The Tufts goalie played great, the first St.A's goalie did not.
            That was the difference

Comment

I've been watching college hockey for 10 years. I've seen 10+ goals scored by a team several times, I've seen 7-6 games. I've seen teams dominate and not be able to score.

I've never seen a team come remotely close to 60 shots. Ever. Not even close.

Comment

Norwich vs Superior NCAA semi-final 1996-97, superior goalie made some where around 70 saves to set a playoff record. Game was at Middlebury and believe me they do not inflate shots.

Originally posted by one_to7 View Post
                I've been watching college hockey for 10 years. I've seen 10+ goals scored by a team several times, I've seen 7-6 games. I've seen teams dominate and not be able to score.

Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                  Norwich vs Superior NCAA semi-final 1996-97, superior goalie made some where around 70 saves to set a playoff record. Game was at Middlebury and believe me they do not inflate shots.

69 -- Dave Graichen, Wis.-Superior v. Norwich. 1997 (2ot)

The record for a non-overtime game is 54 and is held by Jeff Markham, also from Superior. Set in 1993 against Stevens Point.
                  “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                  19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

There you have it

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                    69 -- Dave Graichen, Wis.-Superior v. Norwich. 1997 (2ot)

The record for a non-overtime game is 54 and is held by Jeff Markham, also from Superior. Set in 1993 against Stevens Point.
                    Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

You've never watched a Northland game then....

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                        The record until now apparently.

I was in attendence for the UWS-Norwich double-overtime semi-final.
                        There were tons of quality shots for both teams, and extremely few goals.
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

He was talking about NCAA tournament games I believe.

The record for a regulation regular season game was last year, where northland's goalie had an absurd amout of saves (90 I think?)

Comment

He was talking about NCAA tournament games I believe.

The record for a regulation regular season game was last year, where northland's goalie had an absurd amout of saves (90 I think?)
                            95 save, 4 GA
                            Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 12-08-2009, 08:53 AM.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                              Oh yeah, I remember this discussion last year. Well, compared to this, St. A's counts seem reasonable. After all, in the first period of that game, the goalie only had one bad minute at and avg. of 2 saves per minute. Presumably SOME faceoffs were outside the zone.
                              Go 'Wick!

Comment

Working...
                              X