The Battle for the Cappo Cup, pt 1: NMU @ LSSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Battle for the Cappo Cup, pt 1: NMU @ LSSU

The Wildcats head eastward to the Soo to take on the Lakers.
    NMU is coming off of a low-scoring split with MSU, and Soo Tech just saw a sweep of BGSU.

Let the hate flow.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: The Battle for the Cappo Cup, pt 1: NMU @ LSSU

This will be an interesting series. The Cats need to focus on Lake St. and get healthier by this weekend. Time to get over this hump, take names and make a run...................

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Should be a good matchup, the Wildcats will be facing a Lakers squad that has more depth and better goaltending than the squads of the past few years. Any points NMU takes home from the Soo they will have surely worked hard for.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
        Should be a good matchup, the Wildcats will be facing a Lakers squad that has more depth and better goaltending than the squads of the past few years. Any points NMU takes home from the Soo they will have surely worked hard for.
        I will agree with this. I saw Lake State when they played at Tech for the Superior Showcase, and they did look tougher than in the past. This is going to be another match up like this past weekend--tough and low scoring.
        Always a Wildcat...
        If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

The two teams I've seen the most this year face off. Also, possibly my only chance to see the Wildcats play in-person.

BMW was hurt on Friday and did not play Saturday. I've heard he should be good to go, but a goalie that isn't at 100% is not good. Inglis doesn't scare me in goal as a Wildcat fan.

Lake State has gone through a 6-game winless streak, including being embarrassed at home by Michigan. Scoring can be a problem, but when it comes, it comes from many sources.

Based on watching NMU's last series, I'd give the Wildcats the edge this weekend, though a split is likely.

I encourage all Wildcat fans to make the trip. The arena needs something to help fill it. Plus they have good big cookies.
          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo/NMU Hockey View Post
            This will be an interesting series. The Cats need to focus on Lake St. and get healthier by this weekend. Time to get over this hump, take names and make a run...................

LETS GO CATS!!!!
            What's the current injury situation look like?

Comment

Originally posted by potternmu View Post
              What's the current injury situation look like?
              Smith is out
              Butcher played last week with a cast for a broken finger
              Olver sat out Friday/Played Saturday with an "Undisclosed Injury." I tried doing some digging, but sources wouldn't speak, no matter how much I tried.
              Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
              1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
              2006-2007: 15-24-2
              2007-2008: 20-20-4
              2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                Smith is out
                Butcher played last week with a cast for a broken finger
                Olver sat out Friday/Played Saturday with an "Undisclosed Injury." I tried doing some digging, but sources wouldn't speak, no matter how much I tried.
                Thanks

Comment

Hooray! I get to see the games this weekend!
                  sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
                  streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
                  TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
                    The two teams I've seen the most this year face off. Also, possibly my only chance to see the Wildcats play in-person.

BMW was hurt on Friday and did not play Saturday. I've heard he should be good to go, but a goalie that isn't at 100% is not good. Inglis doesn't scare me in goal as a Wildcat fan.

Lake State has gone through a 6-game winless streak, including being embarrassed at home by Michigan. Scoring can be a problem, but when it comes, it comes from many sources.

Based on watching NMU's last series, I'd give the Wildcats the edge this weekend, though a split is likely.

I encourage all Wildcat fans to make the trip. The arena needs something to help fill it. Plus they have good big cookies.
                    This sums it up pretty well. Northern is the more talented team of the two. It will take a full 60 minute effort for the Lakers to pull out a win this weekend.

Wilson was playing the best he has played all year before he was hurt on Friday night as he had only given up 3 goals in his last 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post

...lest we forget Northern went through a stretch where they lost 5 of 6 including one to Michigan Tech and being embarassed at home by Bemidji

Comment

...lest we forget Northern went through a stretch where they lost 5 of 6 including one to Michigan Tech and being embarassed at home by Bemidji
                        Oh yes, embarrassed by possibly the best team in College Hockey. Its not like we lost to Michigan at home, who is battling Western/Bowling Green for last in the CCHA.
                        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                        2006-2007: 15-24-2
                        2007-2008: 20-20-4
                        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Probably a bit one-sided, I admit.

Both teams have gone through some rough patches and have come back to play good hockey.
                          Embrace the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                            Oh yes, embarrassed by possibly the best team in College Hockey. Its not like we lost to Michigan at home, who is battling Western/Bowling Green for last in the CCHA.
                            Haha apparently i touched a nerve...1. I wasn't necessarily making fun of NMU, just pointing out that the post was a little one sided which even the author has graciously acknowledged ( thanks nmu 27, your a top notch poster in my book). 2. Bemidji State is FAR from the best team in college hockey...they beat Miami by one goal but that is their only win against a ranked opponent, their schedule is way too weak to be in that conversation. 3. Michigan is "battling for last" right now because they've played 2 less games than everyone else in the league except Ferris. It is mathematically possible for them to jump up to 6th place after this weekend alone. Also, Michigan still has more talent than just about any other team in the CCHA with the exception of Miami and maybe ND, they are too good to not turn it around....they just had a rough start to their season; you of all people should know how that goes.

Comment

Haha apparently i touched a nerve...1. I wasn't necessarily making fun of NMU, just pointing out that the post was a little one sided which even the author has graciously acknowledged ( thanks nmu 27, your a top notch poster in my book). 2. Bemidji State is FAR from the best team in college hockey...they beat Miami by one goal but that is their only win against a ranked opponent, their schedule is way too weak to be in that conversation. 3. Michigan is "battling for last" right now because they've played 2 less games than everyone else in the league except Ferris. It is mathematically possible for them to jump up to 6th place after this weekend alone. Also, Michigan still has more talent than just about any other team in the CCHA with the exception of Miami and maybe ND, they are too good to not turn it around....they just had a rough start to their season; you of all people should know how that goes.
                              Not to be argumentative here, but this says otherwise. True, their conference schedule isn't the strongest, but they're hanging in there against more competitive programs.

And, yes, Michigan will probably turn it around, but right now it's just far too enjoyable watching them falter. Far too enjoyable.
                              Always a Wildcat...

Comment

Working...
                              X