Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CC @ SCSU: Insert your Tiger Woods Joke Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: CC @ SCSU: Insert your Tiger Woods Joke Here!

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    Don't look back my friend, someone is gaining on you!
    You can't beat us though!
    DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
    sigpic
    WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
      You can't beat us though!
      We don't need to beat DU to win the MacNaughton Cup.
      Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Before I get trashed for this, hear me out: CC was the least impressive team I've ever seen come into the NHC and score 8 goals on us in a weekend. I wasn't overly impressed with them talent-wise, and I see why a lot of people were picking them to go on the road in the playoffs.

That being said, they just don't make a lot of mistakes. Last night SCSU had a ton of opportunities, but most were created by Cloud doing something good, not CC screwing up. Howe I didn't get a read on at all; he didn't blow me away by any means, it seems like every time we got a really good shot on goal it ended up in the back of the net, but he didn't give up anything soft and his positioning seemed pretty good. So maybe he's great and had a bad weekend where he didn't come up and make any game-stealing saves, but even without an amazingly talented roster, CC could easily end up in 2nd or 3rd in the WCHA this year. I think everybody who could compete with them (UND, UW, MN, SCSU, UMD) has quite a bit of issues and question marks themselves.

Congrats to CC on getting 3 on the road, good luck to you guys this year and we'll see you again in January.
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
          Before I get trashed for this, hear me out: CC was the least impressive team I've ever seen come into the NHC and score 8 goals on us in a weekend. I wasn't overly impressed with them talent-wise, and I see why a lot of people were picking them to go on the road in the playoffs.
          I certainly won't trash you for it, but I won't let it go untouched, either. Don't you think a big part of winning games (especially on the road) is the simple concept of NOT making mistakes, as you already said CC is good about?

This team has incredible speed (as most CC teams do), and has a great work ethic. They also have a lot of young players who seem to be progressing nicely. Joe Howe has been terrific in goal, when many of us weren't sure what to expect. Add in the good discipline, and you have the keys to this team's success. Or ANY team for that matter.

So they may not have looked impressive to you this weekend, but they took 3 points against a very skilled St. Cloud team. I'll take the result over the appearance. Just sayin'.
          Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
          -dggoddard

Comment

That being said, they just don't make a lot of mistakes. Last night SCSU had a ton of opportunities, but most were created by Cloud doing something good, not CC screwing up. Howe I didn't get a read on at all; he didn't blow me away by any means, it seems like every time we got a really good shot on goal it ended up in the back of the net, but he didn't give up anything soft and his positioning seemed pretty good. So maybe he's great and had a bad weekend where he didn't come up and make any game-stealing saves, but even without an amazingly talented roster, CC could easily end up in 2nd or 3rd in the WCHA this year. I think everybody who could compete with them (UND, UW, MN, SCSU, UMD) has quite a bit of issues and question marks themselves.

Congrats to CC on getting 3 on the road, good luck to you guys this year and we'll see you again in January.
            If we suck then SCSU must really suck. Looking forward to seeing you in January as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
              If we suck then SCSU must really suck.
              SCSU did lose to Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                So they may not have looked impressive to you this weekend, but they took 3 points against a very skilled St. Cloud team. I'll take the result over the appearance. Just sayin'.
                We may be skilled, but we sure as balls aren't consistent. I didn't think we looked good tonight, and we didn't look that great last night until the 3rd period. We lay an egg against UND one night, same with UW, we play really sloppy but sweep UAA, then we play our best and split in Denver.

If you can figure out my squad, please fill me in.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Fair assessment. I don't disagree with anything you have said. I watched the Saturday game on the B2 network and feel CC just tightened up their defense compared to how they must have played Friday. I thought Lee gave up some shots Saturday night that other goaltenders would have saved. My guess is St. Cloud did not play as well Saturday as they have many other games this season. Sincerely, Merry Christmas to you.
                  Last edited by CCtig; 12-12-2009, 11:32 PM.
                  World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by dave29 View Post
                    If we suck then SCSU must really suck. Looking forward to seeing you in January as well.
                    No where did I say you guys suck... what're you a tUMD fan?

Comment

I am not a Lee hater, but he cost the team yet another win. The 1st and 4th goals were brutal. He cheated to the middle on the first goal and left such a huge hole on the upper blocker side I could have scored on that one and the 4th goal he was lazy and didn't cover the post. I know the team didn't play well, but soft goals kill teams. I am sorry but if he doesn't stop giving up soft goals he needs to sit.
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        I am not a Lee hater, but he cost the team yet another win. The 1st and 4th goals were brutal. He cheated to the middle on the first goal and left such a huge hole on the upper blocker side I could have scored on that one and the 4th goal he was lazy and didn't cover the post. I know the team didn't play well, but soft goals kill teams. I am sorry but if he doesn't stop giving up soft goals he needs to sit.
                        You are exactly right. I saw the same thing you saw.
                        World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                          We don't need to beat DU to win the MacNaughton Cup.
                          True, however we will beat DU come March. In fact I predict CC will retain the Gold Pan this season.

Go Tigers!!

Comment

We may be skilled, but we sure as balls aren't consistent. I didn't think we looked good tonight, and we didn't look that great last night until the 3rd period. We lay an egg against UND one night, same with UW, we play really sloppy but sweep UAA, then we play our best and split in Denver.

If you can figure out my squad, please fill me in.
                            It sounds much like CC was last year (with the exception of the fact that we had strong goaltending). One of those teams that you never know what you're going to get from game to game or even from period to period.
                            Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                            -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                              1st one wasn't good, 4th one he lost his balance, that's why he couldn't get over, he nearly fell first.
                              And I'm sorry but you can call for it all you want, unless Dunn steps up big time, Lee will not sit.
                              No one on this team played well at all tonight, kind of embarrassing after the comeback they put up the night before.
                              I also still say that soft or not, good teams can bail out their goaltender when he has a rough night.
                              Not once have we bailed out Lee or Dunn and gotten a win.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                1st one wasn't good, 4th one he lost his balance, that's why he couldn't get over, he nearly fell first.
                                And I'm sorry but you can call for it all you want, unless Dunn steps up big time, Lee will not sit.
                                No one on this team played well at all tonight, kind of embarrassing after the comeback they put up the night before.
                                I also still say that soft or not, good teams can bail out their goaltender when he has a rough night.
                                Not once have we bailed out Lee or Dunn and gotten a win.
                                And good goalies can bail out a defensively poor team. I have seen nothing out of Lee so far that would put him in that category.
                                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Working...
                                X