This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown - Oops! They did it again.

Okay, we've now suffered our 6th straight defeat, the team lost another rising star and, mercifully, Christmas break has arrived to give these girls a chance to regroup. Unfortunately, they will have to do so without one of the best freshmen on the team who decided to pack it in after only 15 games and rumors abound that more kids will not be coming back after Christmas. The team is in the penultimate position in the standings and there's no relief in sight from the athletic administration. With any luck, Santa Claus will deliver to Digit a couple of forwards with goal-scoring ability and Coady finds himself way up North on the island of misfit toys where recruiting is not an issue. Yes, Ive tried to inject some humor into this because it's an otherwise tragic situation for these young women whose hockey careers will end abruptly after a lifetime of commitment to the sport they love so much. If there is a hockey God, I hope she intervenes NOW!

Re: Brown - Oops! They did it again.

Originally posted by ccookie79 View Post
    Okay, we've now suffered our 6th straight defeat, the team lost another rising star and, mercifully, Christmas break has arrived to give these girls a chance to regroup. Unfortunately, they will have to do so without one of the best freshmen on the team who decided to pack it in after only 15 games and rumors abound that more kids will not be coming back after Christmas. The team is in the penultimate position in the standings and there's no relief in sight from the athletic administration. With any luck, Santa Claus will deliver to Digit a couple of forwards with goal-scoring ability and Coady finds himself way up North on the island of misfit toys where recruiting is not an issue. Yes, Ive tried to inject some humor into this because it's an otherwise tragic situation for these young women whose hockey careers will end abruptly after a lifetime of commitment to the sport they love so much. If there is a hockey God, I hope she intervenes NOW!
    who packed it in? I know of one player who will be out for the remainder of the season to injury, but no one who is packing it in
    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

one thread inst enough, or two, or three...
      yeah.....but are you watching football tonight?! UN FREAKING REAL!!!!!!!!!!!
      (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

You know I'm getting real tired of the fact that every time Brown loses a game or two you as a parent of a freshman come on here and spew a bunch of vermin and unsubstantiated facts. The Freshman that "packed it in" as per your statement has been playing hurt for a while and has a season ending injury. How about supporting the team when they need it the most. Have you ever heard of that concept ?

If you have a problem with the team, deal with it via the standard process, and not on here. What goes on in the room and within the team should stay there. As a former coach myself, I've gotten rid of kids with parents like you, the first chance I had.!.

Later Eh....From the great white north.
        Last edited by OnMAA; 12-05-2009, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          You know I'm getting real tired of the fact that every time Brown loses a game or two you start a new thread
          edited...hehe. but for realz. why cant we keep it in one thread? we're pretty good at keeping track of threads. usually.

anyway. reported.
          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
            edited...hehe. but for realz. why cant we keep it in one thread? we're pretty good at keeping track of threads. usually.

anyway. reported.
            What would make you think you needed to edit it?

Comment

You know, the 2010 edition of Brown Sucks volume 1 was pretty entertaining, but just like Hollywood, the sequels fail to provide equal value.

Who can name for me a sequel that was ever close to being as entertaining as the original?

Perhaps Godfather II......any others?
              Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                but just like Hollywood, the sequels fail to provide equal value.

Who can name for me a sequel that was ever close to being as entertaining as the original?

I always felt Aliens was as good as or better than Alien.
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

You know, the 2010 edition of Brown Sucks volume 1 was pretty entertaining, but just like Hollywood, the sequels fail to provide equal value.

It isn't extremely well known but "The Road Warrior", the without any doubt unquestioned best film of the career of the often insipid Australian Mel Gibson is a sequel.

The first film in the series is "Mad Max". "The Road Warrior" is often referred to as "Mad Max 2". "The Road Warrior" as a film is, IMO, quite a bit superior to "Mad Max".

Godfather II is a great example. Both I and II won Oscars for Best Picture. Godfather II is a VERY good film.
                  Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Comment

I asked my daughter and some friends what is a good sequel to a movie. While I am not vampire obsessed, they all agree that New Moon was by far better than Twilight.
                    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

Are you for real? Are you really an adult? Grow up and move on!
                      Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Boston Buzz, I luv ya..... but didn't you notice that this thread is moving in a different direction now? Any sequels to discuss?
                        Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Boston Buzz, I luv ya..... but didn't you notice that this thread is moving in a different direction now? Any sequels to discuss?
                          I think Ricardo Mantalban made Star Trek II the best of that series.

Comment

Originally posted by notfromaroundhere View Post
                            I think Ricardo Mantalban made Star Trek II the best of that series.
                            That was my other choice. Although I think GF II may be the best sequel of all time!
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by GHF View Post
                              That was my other choice. Although I think GF II may be the best sequel of all time!
                              Great writing, great acting, no reliance on exotic stuff. Perhaps that is what makes it the greatest.

Comment

Working...
                              X