Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    we used to get our ^55es kicked like this and then Tom Kaiman or John Scott would have a big fight. and then we would go home happy.
    Agreed, this is getting way too similar to my freshman year 01/02 when we got our beaten down every night and the PK was horrible.

Anyway, here's Jamie's Postgame thoughts:

We can just take our pregame/postgame interview and hit record and play, same old same old
    Can't blame Genoe on any of the goals
    Lost Bunger to injury, Likteig to CFB
    Couldn't play Witt, Rohn, Soley
    Just 6 forwards we could count on to put on the ice and not let WI score
    Gwilliam sucked it up and played on one leg, not close to 100%
    Dirk: "What do you tell players after a game like this" - "Shower up and get on the bus"
    On players for next weekend - Hopeful to get Baker back soon, not sure on Royer, Milos may have season ending surgery & done for year
    Will evaluate Bunger, Doubtful on VanWagner
    Kivisto has been a warrior, playing hard, logging way too much ice time
    Same for Olsen, making mistakes at the end of the game because they're exhuasted

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      painful.

could. just maybe now. a little bit. JSR have (just a little) bit of a point?

maybe?
      No, I'm with Flashy on this. It sounds like, more than anything, it's a conditioning problem.
      Always a Wildcat...
      Originally posted by Kepler
      If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

WHAT GOD DID THIS TEAM **** OFF?

This is frigging ridiculous.

It's to the point where if Bangen pumped this team full of HGH and bull sperm, he'd have my full support. Anything to win. ANYTHING.

W* > L
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

So what's the official count on injuries? It sucks when you can bench anybody for taking stupid penalties when there's nobody to take their place.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Re-post from tLodge:

This just in:
            Just because our team doesn't score doesn't mean the fans can't either.
            Yager, Shirtless, bb_dl, Gulk, & another Techie were just attacked by a herd of cougars from Iowa. (6 of them to be exact) bb_dl's in a bit of shock at the moment.
            Originally posted by Twitch Boy
            Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
              WHAT GOD DID THIS TEAM **** OFF?
              Sterculious, Roman god of Feces.

(please tell me someone gets the reference)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBHYM0SWxqc

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Well I had a decent night out, and I see that I missed nothing special.

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                So what's the official count on injuries? It sucks when you can bench anybody for taking stupid penalties when there's nobody to take their place.
                By my count, and including tonight's injuries, it's...

-Gordic (could be done for the year)
                -Royer
                -Bunger
                -Gwilliam (playing, but not 100%)
                -Baker (might play soon)
                -VanWagner (might play soon)

Plus Kattelus, whose career at Michigan Tech is obviously over due to whatever dumb decision(s) he made.

Definitely doesn't speak well of Bangen's conditioning, that's for sure.
                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 12-05-2009, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Haha, 14 goals against and a 12 goal differential on one weekend. Priceless
                  @#$% Calgary, Go Oilers Go

Your mom is so fat that the escape velocity at her surface exceeds 3*10^8 m/s

Originally posted by Jon
                  I'd much rather be in WI.

Comment

Originally posted by Boosh View Post
                    Haha, 14 goals against and a 12 goal differential on one weekend. Priceless
                    Maybe we can hold the Gophers to single digits.

Comment

I drank my sorrows away in spectacular fashion tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                        But he would only be able to move it three inches in any direction.
                        That's what she said.

Comment

I wouldn't lose hope just yet. We played a good game up until we took the most ******** uncalled for CFB penalty. We were keeping up and had some momentum going and then that just killed us.

Then just to make it worse we took an even more stupid penalty to put us on the 5X3. I still blame us sucking on taking dumb arse penalties at crucial times during the games.

Tonights game should have been much closer, but after we screwed up with the dumb penalties it was all over.

FML, I hate losing so badly. Lets go Bemidji! AYE AYE AYE AYE, Jesus hates Wisconsin!
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
                          Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

Tech's biggest problems, from a fan without inside connections:

Item #1: This team needs to get healthy. If Jamie needs to mail it in for a series to allow his best players to rest for the GLI, so be it - stick Cramer in net for an entire weekend, play only 4th liners, etc. This wasn't that series, even though the team mailed it in anyway.

Item #2: They also need to stay healthy. Jamie has proven he can win (sometimes) if he has a full complement of healthy players, which he hasn't had for a third of his career at Tech. I place most of the blame at Kyle Bangen's feet - despite our shiny new skating treadmill, our players are much more fragile than I've ever seen, and that speaks to faults in the conditioning program.

Item #3: Confidence in the team, on the bench and on the ice. Having Gwilliam back is one of the few silver linings from last year. But, Jamie doesn't have confidence anymore, nor does the team, and even the die-hard fans are losing it. Somehow he needs to fire himself up, then stoke up the team. Otherwise I give him no more than until the end of 2011.

Item #4: Defense. What the eff happened here? What happened to that one year of exceptional PK?

Feel free to add or edit items - this is just a preliminary list.
                            Last edited by Beer Pong Horn; 12-06-2009, 11:33 AM.
                            Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                            I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                            Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

God this thread is depressing. Like a Buffalo Bill fan after losing their fourth straight Superbowl depressing.
                              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                God this thread is depressing. Like a Buffalo Bill fan after losing their fourth straight Superbowl depressing.
                                So this is how Brent feels all the time then?
                                Originally posted by Twitch Boy
                                Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Working...
                                X