Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Go Tech!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      I'd be more likely to listen to my cousin, who I've known my entire life, than some coach that I had never met before.
      And go to a program that has so much interest in you that they won't bother to take the time to ask you personally or invite you for a visit?

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
        And go to a program that has so much interest in you that they won't bother to take the time to ask you personally or invite you for a visit?
        If that's true that disappointing. I've always wondered if Jamie aim at some high recruits and misses or if he just doesn't try and looks only for lower non-drafted recruits.

Comment

it's tough to lose with less than a minute to go, but umtc did play well. Tech seemed tired and gave the puck away a lot.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            it's tough to lose with less than a minute to go, but umtc did play well. Tech seemed tired and gave the puck away a lot.
            If I had $100 for every time Dirk said "the Huskies give the puck away" tonight, I'd have a pretty good chunk of change.

Comment

well most opponents know the defense is weak and so they fore-check two guys real hard. TECH has to get better at beating a strong fore-check and capitalizing on the subsequent odd man rush.
              We just don't get off a threatening shot often enough, nor do we beat the fore-check well enough.

So then the other team spends another minute in our end. It wears our guys out and then we have nothing in the last period. Notice what opportunities we had in the third were pretty non threatening. We have to find a guy like weir that quarterbacks the team and another scorer to take the pressure off Olsen.
              Tonight if Tech had gotten a third goal on one of those odd man rushes in the second, the result might very well have been different.

I thought however, that we did better on taking penalties and better on forcing the other team to take a few.

Also, and I'm going to get on my soapbox now, Tech needs to move the puck out of the zone right away. Too many times we sit back behind the net on changes and set up, instead of forcing the play and pushing up more quickly.
              It's my opinion that we could do a lot better if we pushed the puck up a lot faster. The other team gets set up too. I think if we could push the play we might find them more disorganized and get a few more opportunities, especially late in the play. So instead of waiting for the whole change to happen, I say we move the puck right up and let our forwards get out there when they can. It drives me crazy to see our guys set up only to turn the puck over in the neutral zone.! end rant!
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

+2 Powerplay Goals
                +Strong Play by Genoe
                +Less stupid penalties, I would deem even one of them a good penalty.
                -Everything Else
                Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  well most opponents know the defense is weak and so they fore-check two guys real hard. TECH has to get better at beating a strong fore-check and capitalizing on the subsequent odd man rush.
                  We just don't get off a threatening shot often enough, nor do we beat the fore-check well enough.

So then the other team spends another minute in our end. It wears our guys out and then we have nothing in the last period. Notice what opportunities we had in the third were pretty non threatening. We have to find a guy like weir that quarterbacks the team and another scorer to take the pressure off Olsen.
                  Tonight if Tech had gotten a third goal on one of those odd man rushes in the second, the result might very well have been different.

I thought however, that we did better on taking penalties and better on forcing the other team to take a few.

Also, and I'm going to get on my soapbox now, Tech needs to move the puck out of the zone right away. Too many times we sit back behind the net on changes and set up, instead of forcing the play and pushing up more quickly.
                  It's my opinion that we could do a lot better if we pushed the puck up a lot faster. The other team gets set up too. I think if we could push the play we might find them more disorganized and get a few more opportunities, especially late in the play. So instead of waiting for the whole change to happen, I say we move the puck right up and let our forwards get out there when they can. It drives me crazy to see our guys set up only to turn the puck over in the neutral zone.! end rant!
                  AMEN!

Although, the refs do need to learn how to count to 5, I got bored of yelling at the refs for not knowing how to count.

Comment

Must win tomorrow night and a follow-up win against NMU.

MSU has been streaky this year. Let's get going and save this season.

Go Tech.....

Comment

The biggest things right now is for people to be healthier and more consistent lines to hopefully improve chemistry.
                      Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                      What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Thanks for the Christmas present, Yager. It provided much lulz.
                        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
                          Thanks for the Christmas present, Yager. It provided much lulz.
                          Haha, glad you liked it.

Comment

bump **second page is not acceptable**

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
                              bump **second page is not acceptable**
                              QFT (Yes I said it!)
                              Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                              http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                              Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                              Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                              Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                              All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
                                Funny how a program that put forth very little recuiting effort snagged someone so highly sought after by MTU.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X