Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    I received a phone call from a friend a few minutes ago. He said he was driving along Comm Ave late last night and saw an odd sight. Two HAA facilities workers were carrying a ping-pong table up Agganis Way away from the BU Men's Hockey locker room. Any insights?
    I saw that too, but I'm not so sure they were HAA workers.
    These fellows carrying the table were pretty small and wore curly toed shoes with bells on the end... and a stocking caps with a long, long tail.
    Actually, they looked an awful lot like... elves.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      I saw that too, but I'm not so sure they were HAA workers.
      These fellows carrying the table were pretty small and wore curly toed shoes with bells on the end... and a stocking caps with a long, long tail.
      Actually, they looked an awful lot like... elves.
      Maybe Parker was so mad after last night's game that he gained 150 pounds and an incredibly long white beard?
      time to write new history

Comment

Some thoughts on the game:

--KM looked great through the first two periods. Specifically, his rebound control was incredible and he was moving post-to-post very quickly. He even made some circus saves with the paddle of his stick on the first BU powerplay. I don't know what happened in the 2nd intermission, but Millan wasn't controlling his rebounds like he did in the first two periods.

--Did anybody see what happened on the second BC goal? Did it tip off Millan's glove or off a defenseman?

--Once again, I have to blame this on the defense. The first two periods were solid, but even then, there were A LOT of breakdowns that led to the puck lying in front of the net, waiting for BC to slam it home. It was only in the 3rd that BC started taking advantage of the breakdowns. Colby, Nicastro, and Shatty were the causes of a few I can remember.

--I'm not saying that this cost us the game at all, nor am I saying it really affected the game, but did anyone else notice how much the refs were getting in the way of the play? There were a few times they skated right between the puck and a BU player as we were closing in on it. Just seemed to happen more frequently than it has in other games.
        GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by BUtiful View Post
          --I'm not saying that this cost us the game at all, nor am I saying it really affected the game, but did anyone else notice how much the refs were getting in the way of the play? There were a few times they skated right between the puck and a BU player as we were closing in on it. Just seemed to happen more frequently than it has in other games.
          I feel like that's been a recurring theme the entire season with HE refs not just this game, but maybe you're right.

Any explanation for the non-sellout? When I bought my ticket at Agganis on Monday it was already SRO.
          Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            This year? 1-7 when Bonino doesn't get a point. 3-0-2 when he does. BU is 34-0-5 in the last 39 games in which Bonino has recorded a point.
            update
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

It was a long, cold, wet walk back to the car tonight. Still, that walk was preferrable to being in the BU locker room, I bet.
              Last edited by buoldtimer; 12-05-2009, 10:01 PM.
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Few observations:
                BU

-Forwards don't backcheck as well as they need to. Opponents high man is getting too many chances.
                -4 of 6 d-men are pourous, give way to much gap- move up the **** ice with the play before they attack or transition .
                - 1 dman should sit.
                -most forwards regularly shoot from bad angles and seldom look for a trailer. BC creates openings with lateral movement.
                BC uses the drop and cross when attacking, BU seldom does. TAKE SOME RISKS!!
                -forwards are weak in front of the offensive net. Put somebody tough to screen (#2) on the pp
                -centers miss checks low in offensive zone
                -powerplay is 1 dimensional. one pass down. back, across ,SHOT(cycle the **** puck low to create an opening high. They need to create openings using movement!!!!) TRY SOMETHING NEW!!!

Few #s

#25 -10 (way overplayed, send to third line get off PP, no creativity, one dimensional (not a 25 min guy)
                #3 -6 (needs a better partner) #2 or #5 move #7 up to second line d
                #5 +1 (1st line PP) top pp guy. Best d skater and great creativity,
                #2 -1 ( 2nd line PP) moves puck well, shoots low hard, let him forecheck more, he will break pucks loose.
                #10 (lazy ineffective, I think he's scared, brutal on faceoffs.)
                #11 -10 Needs to hit on the side of the puck when forechecking so after the hit he gets control. Needs to vary his attack, too predictable, needs to be more lateral when attacking to get dman moving the wrong way.
                #13 +4 Good in o-zone at time needs to toughen in the d zone. Doesn't have a finisher on his line like last year. Seems really frustrated.

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD, TIME TO REASSESS and make some changes.

What do you think??
                Last edited by stripes99; 12-05-2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

smartest man on comm ave.....

David Quinn.

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    smartest man on comm ave.....

David Quinn.

there is a lot of truth to this.

Comment

The better team won tonight. But...

How frustrating was that 2nd period? That was the first time I saw real fight and determination out of this team. They fought and won most puck battles. They were given a freakin 5 on 3. Yet, no ability to make that one extra play or shoot the puck with authority. Just a bunch of muckers trying to get the puck to the net. *Sigh.*

How come they didn't bring the above intenstity to the table in the 1st?

Does anyone remember any stellar saves by Muse? He's good. He did his job, but BU is making an awful lot of goalies look like world beaters.

At least I got to enjoy my son flirting with college girls.

I'm sure Scarlet loved driving home in snow after that game. She loves driving in snow.

BU Hockey: Lost
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Just posted this in the game thread, but I'll post it here, too. Grades and transcripts are up on the blog.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Slow tonight - distracted by watching Alabama game while editing - but mini-gallery has been added to the game recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/12/05/bc-bu.php - just scroll down.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

What's our record?

Four, eight, and three.

'Four, eight, and three.' How'd we ever win four?

It's a miracle!

Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

The complete lack of posts on this thread following a BC game says it all.

BU Hockey: May Need to Bring Back the Apathy Busters
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Big game Friday..... On the verge of making history!

No BU team has started a season with three months of sub .500 hockey since the 61-62 terriers went:
                                3-5-1
                                0-6-0
                                3-6-0

they need a win to finish December 1-1-1

nice.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X