Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    What is this guy's deal with Chiasson? They have to be pretty good friends for him to have already written two articles focused on him and another that quotes him. This isn't Chiasson's hometown paper; it's freaking ESPN. Plus, he's either working around BU athletics or he's getting preferential treatment, because we're not even allowed to talk to freshmen yet.

I realize this post could come across as me being jealous, but I just think this guy's a little too obsessed with a second-line freshman on an eighth-place team.
    Guys love to interview players before they "make it." Maybe he sees what I see in Chiasson, a hard nosed player with some size who doesn't have the fear of going to the net. When Chiasson makes it to the show, he'll have that connection.
    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      after the end of the first i saw that Cobra was just starting on encore - so i watched that
      I'm sure you'll be able to see a replay.
      Boston University 2009 Champs
      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
        I'm not convinced we should be trusting your judgment.
        no chit. you just figure that out this year??
        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

I assume that Andy Glass is in the doghouse. Can anyone confirm or refute?
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            I would hope he's not in the NU student section.

Seriously, though, I don't think "in the doghouse" is the right way to put it. I think he's just one of 5 forwards battling to get in the lineup (along with Courtnall, Santana, Gilroy and Victor Saponari). Only 2 of those guys are getting in the lineup each game. Glass certainly hasn't progressed the way most people expected him to. He was on the 2nd line to start the season, but hasn't done anything to earn everyday playing time. He broke team rules earlier this season, but he hasn't had any other problems like that as far as I know.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I heard a rumor that John McCarthy got called up to the San Jose. Can anyone see if that's true or not? There is nothing on San Jose's site.
              And there it is!!

I knew my source was impeccable.

Comment

Anyone with further insight on the jersey for tonight?

Comment

And there it is!!

What does "on loan" mean?

Nothing about this on the SJS page.
                  if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

And there it is!!

Good for him! He's supposed to be a great kid and it's hard to imagine a grittier player. (Remember that as a freshman he jammed in the tying goal in the HE championship game that ultimately let to Lawrence-Higgins-Yip playing tic-tac-toe in OT.)

Funny that in fewer games in the AHL, McCarthy had already matched his season high in goals scored at BU (6).

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                      Good for him! He's supposed to be a great kid and it's hard to imagine a grittier player. (Remember that as a freshman he jammed in the tying goal in the HE championship game that ultimately let to Lawrence-Higgins-Yip playing tic-tac-toe in OT.)

Funny that in fewer games in the AHL, McCarthy had already matched his season high in goals scored at BU (6).
                      And a team-leading +14 for Worcester.
                      The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

From SJS release:
                        SAN JOSE – San Jose Sharks Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Wilson announced today that the club has recalled forward John McCarthy the Worcester Sharks, the team’s top development affiliate in the American Hockey League and recalled defenseman Jason Demers from Stockton (ECHL). In a related move, forward Jamie McGinn was assigned to Worcester.

McCarthy has appeared in 36 games with Worcester in his first professional season, posting 18 points (six goals, 12 assists), a team-high plus-14 and 19 penalty minutes. He recently posted a seven-game point streak from Dec. 18 thru Jan. 2 (four goals, four assists).

He was a co-captain of the 2009 NCAA Champion Boston University men’s hockey team. McCarthy was originally selected by San Jose in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft (7th round, 202nd overall).
                        "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          Andy is on the fourth line tonight. No New Englanders among the scratches.

BU lineup for tonight
                          Forwards:
                          Chris Connolly-Nick Bonino-Vinny Saponari
                          Zach Cohen-Wade Megan-Alex Chiasson
                          Ross Gaudet-Corey Trivino-Joe Pereira
                          Andrew Glass-Luke Popko-Kevin Gilroy

Defense:
                          David Warsofsky-Kevin Shattenkirk
                          Sean Escobedo-Eric Gryba
                          Colby Cohen-Max Nicastro

Goal:
                          Kieran Millan
                          Adam Kraus
                          Grant Rollheiser
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

2-and-O in 2010. I like it.
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Nice win over a very good team. BU played their game for the first 40 minutes, then they pulled back a little on the forecheck, and BC's speed took over down the stretch. Game was about as even overall as it could be.

Millan had the good game we've been waiting for from him.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Nice win over a very good team. BU played their game for the first 40 minutes, then they pulled back a little on the forecheck, and BC's speed took over down the stretch. Game was about as even overall as it could be.

Millan had the good game we've been waiting for from him.
                                Yeah. I was amazed at the effect of the snow and the difference in BU play between the 1st and 3rd period. I think that if there were no snow, BU would have been in a world of trouble.
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                                X