Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
    Dont then..

I am not the one who started it
    Just because I don't gender flex for an ex drug addict who has zero contact with his first family is not my problem.
    Did you really write gender flex???? HAHAHA!!!!

HOKYDUD, YOU ARE SO STUPID THAT IT'S ALMOST TOO SAD TO MENTION!!!!

Gender flex????

SCARLET= WINNER!!!!

Easiest money that I've EVER made. Gender flex. Priceless! What a dope.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

seek help

you need it very badly

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
        seek help

you need it very badly

I need help???? You have gender flexing on the brain and I need help?

Your attempt at sounding book smart was an epic fail!!!!

YOU ARE A MORON!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          i would hardly call 3hock's stories to be "broken". guy/girl's been spot on 100% of the time with VERY relevant (i.e. gilroy is staying) info that he had long before anyone else did.
          He's using broken as a verb, not an adjective. Meaning, he broke the story that Gilroy was staying.

And HokyIdiot, you start everything. Not only do you lack standard grammar skills that a 2nd grader usually possesses, you are keenly unaware of your place in arguments. It amazes me that you are able to function in this world as an adult, forget being one that actually spawned.

Jacques - the weather forecast could, and probably will, change about 15 times between now and Friday. I saw one that said 27 and snow showers. I do agree that the shadows on the ice will be a factor - I mentioned that over in the NHL thread about the Winter Classic. It's going to be weird.

Comment

'broken' is commonly used when talking about newspapers or news in general and getting a big story out first.

james taylor is a legend for those who's calendar stopped turning pages in 1974. (ie, the fenway owners, nbc execs, and girls who gender flex ). [you are either in the jt camp, or the carly simon camp. i plant my flag in carly's camp ]

it was a nhl game yesterday, not a bruins game. b's were told when to show up, that's it.

friday's game will not be about hockey.. so don't waste time worrying about shadows
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              i would hardly call 3hock's stories to be "broken". guy/girl's been spot on 100% of the time with VERY relevant (i.e. gilroy is staying) info that he had long before anyone else did.
              As Scarlet and mookie have already pointed out, you misinterpreted my use of the word "broken". I realize that 3hock has never been wrong.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                Great point. I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about more.

Who, in their right mind, thought that a night game in January was a good idea?

There's a huge difference between 33 (projected high) and 10 degrees (projected for game time) in terms of fan and player comfort.

Fenway is cold enough on evenings in April, let alone January.

Did you guys also notice the shadows and glare on the ice during the Bruins game once the sun went down?

This seems half-baked to me and I'm thinking there will be very cheap tickets to be had on Landsdowne St. come game time.

I was planning on going, but now will be playing it by ear.

If it's <20 degrees, my 47 inch Bravia is looking better all the time.

Besides, unless your seats are on the monster or in the left or right field grandstands you'll be watching it on the TV in the outfield anyway.

The games should be Saturday at noon and 3:30.

All that aside, who thinks a pregame rally at Marsh plaza and then a "Unified Terrier Nation" walk over to the park is a good idea? Might be a good show of force for all the people taking the T in from "the heights". Just a thought.
                The TV will lack the atmosphere. The Winter Classic was the best yet in my biased opinion because there were enough fans for both teams to have dueling "Let's Go Flyers, Let's Go Bruins" chants. It was amazing. Now we'll have two college teams that already do that and do it even more creatively and hate each other's guts? I don't know how well the team(s) will perform but the atmosphere should rock despite the weather.

And they thought it was a good idea and still do because it's sold out, and will be televised and the stands will still be pretty full even if there are a few no-shows that are worried about frostbite.
                Last edited by candycanes99; 01-02-2010, 11:16 AM.
                Boston University 2009 Champs
                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  Scarlet in a battle of wits with an unarmed man!

My money is definitely on the lady, eight ways to Sunday.

Easiest money ever!!!
                  Scarlet won just by posting.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                  -Blackadder
                  "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                  -Casablanca
                  "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                  -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

God bless Hokydad. Every good story needs a villain and this guy fits the bill brilliantly.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                      God bless Hokydad. Every good story needs a villain and this guy fits the bill brilliantly.
                      Nah, a villain needs to be smart, quick witted, and a challenge. That title would fall to SteveF or TonyTheTiger. Hokydad is more like the jar-jar binks of this story.

Comment

So I was flipping through the FIOS lineup today to make sure the game was on ESPNU and I was happy to find that it was indeed... The description:

Regular Season College Hockey: Massachusetts Minutemen and Boston University Terriers from Walter Brown Arena.

Is there something I should know?

Edit: Other than ESPN doesn't really care about college hockey.. or, you know, hockey.
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                          The TV will lack the atmosphere. The Winter Classic was the best yet in my biased opinion because there were enough fans for both teams to have dueling "Let's Go Flyers, Let's Go Bruins" chants. It was amazing. Now we'll have two college teams that already do that and do it even more creatively and hate each other's guts? I don't know how well the team(s) will perform but the atmosphere should rock despite the weather.

And they thought it was a good idea and still do because it's sold out, and will be televised and the stands will still be pretty full even if there are a few no-shows that are worried about frostbite.
                          But why not Saturday afternoon? Games at 11:00 and 2:30?

The shadows are going to be very interesting ... we were talking about that while watching the Bruins game.

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                            So I was flipping through the FIOS lineup today to make sure the game was on ESPNU and I was happy to find that it was indeed... The description:

Regular Season College Hockey: Massachusetts Minutemen and Boston University Terriers from Walter Brown Arena.

Is there something I should know?

Edit: Other than ESPN doesn't really care about college hockey.. or, you know, hockey.
                            c'mon!!! they sent barry mulletrose to do today's game

Comment

Apparently no one paid any attention to the mentions of the 4pm start time given that there is no score update thread for this game.

And I do see Barry Melrose! I didn't think he did regular season games. We should all feel so lucky that he's here!

Comment

i looked for the score thread as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X