Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

I'm sensing a trend. If they go down 2-0 tomorrow they are ****ed. So let's cut it out.

According to Bernie and Kevin (Kevin O'Sullivan? I only caught the end of the 3rd and OT.) BU played a very solid 3rd. True or false?
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Seems like playing from behind has been the trend this year. Hope this changes soon because if they want any chance at the NCAAs, ties aren't going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        I'm sensing a trend. If they go down 2-0 tomorrow they are ****ed. So let's cut it out.

According to Bernie and Kevin (Kevin O'Sullivan? I only caught the end of the 3rd and OT.) BU played a very solid 3rd. True or false?
        first 5 minutes of the 3rd were all uvm. then the switch went on and it was mostly the boys for the last 20 minutes.

uvm played a good 2nd period, better than our boys. we had the first period except for the flash moments of the two uvm goals.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Recap, grades and a sider on Parker's frustration with his team's lack of preparation and readiness are now up on the blog.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            Recap, grades and a sider on Parker's frustration with his team's lack of preparation and readiness are now up on the blog.
            Ok, I understand a lot of this is Jack speaking to his players through the media, but at the same time quotes like "My team does not know how to get ready for a game" are annoying, he said it all in the beginning of the quote HIS team, yes he has captains but don't be surprised if you don't have a Jay Pandolfo, a Chris Drury, or a Matt Gilroy, as a captain every year. And if the only way you can communicate to your team is through the media (that is, assuming this works) then you might need to try some more options.

Honestly I wasn't disheartened by the game, it was better, and although just "better" is not always good enough it is something, but reading that quote is so frustrating. Hello, the fans can see it to, at times, and the difference between us and him is he has the option to do something about it.

And blasting the teams attitude in practice after praising the attitude in the same practices two days ago? Talk about mixed messages.

Ugh. Rant Over.

A win tomorrow night and we'll definitely be on the right track, a tie and we'll have a winning streak with the most dropped points ever. A loss? If they play a good game but are beaten by a team that plays slightly better than you have to take it. A different type of loss, especially against your archrival, and we have a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
              Ok, I understand a lot of this is Jack speaking to his players through the media, but at the same time quotes like "My team does not know how to get ready for a game" are annoying, he said it all in the beginning of the quote HIS team, yes he has captains but don't be surprised if you don't have a Jay Pandolfo, a Chris Drury, or a Matt Gilroy, as a captain every year. And if the only way you can communicate to your team is through the media (that is, assuming this works) then you might need to try some more options......
              ummmmm, are you new here?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                ummmmm, are you new here?!?!?

Ha, I guess the Rover's of the world just haven't been doing their job recently

Comment

Hi guys, friendly Red Wings fan here ..... Just curious, how is Max Nicastro looking so far? What's his role on the team (2nd pair? 3rd? PK time? PP?)? I'm guessing he's doing something right, since he got invited to the USA World Junior team camp. I haven't seen him play yet, but I'm hoping to catch a Terriers game or two this season.

Sorry to see BU's struggles this year. As a Wolverine, I feel your pain Good luck the rest of the way!

Comment

I received a phone call from a friend a few minutes ago. He said he was driving along Comm Ave late last night and saw an odd sight. Two HAA facilities workers were carrying a ping-pong table up Agganis Way away from the BU Men's Hockey locker room. Any insights?
                    Last edited by buoldtimer; 12-05-2009, 01:52 PM.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                      I received a phone call from a friend a few minutes ago. He said we was driving up Comm Ave late last night and saw an odd sight. Two HAA facilities workers were carrying a ping-pong table up Agganis Way away from the BU Men's Hockey locker room. Any insights?
                      “I thought yesterday, I could see it,” Parker said. “Practice wasn’t too bad, but I could see it before. Guys are lounging around in the lounge, hanging around, shooting the breeze, playing ping-pong. It’s a half hour before practice, and they’re not getting ready to play, they’re not getting ready to practice. They’re not getting their mind on the big weekend.”
                      Hmm...
                      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I'm away in Sweden this week, so I was just able to catch up on the score now. Disappointed that they had a poor effort out of the gates, but coming back once again allowed them to salvage a point, and more importantly...

GRYBA GOAL!!!!!!

That is all.
                        Boston University 2009 Champs
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                          I'm away in Sweden this week, so I was just able to catch up on the score now. Disappointed that they had a poor effort out of the gates, but coming back once again allowed them to salvage a point, and more importantly...

GRYBA GOAL!!!!!!

That is all.
                          the thing is... it wasn't that poor an effort out of the gates. i think the first 4 or 5 minutes of the game, rollie could have laid down and taken a nap and been no worse for the wear. it was a quick hitting 34 seconds that uvm threw down and potted 2 - 2 great opportunities and both went right in. something our boys didn't do when the same chances presented themselves.

...and also.

can bonino not skate backwards? the first uvm goal should have been a harmless 3x3 rush. but somehow nick did his best peter falk/alan arkin "serpintine Shell, serpintine!!" to turn it into an odd man goal.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YN1WxSITwWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YN1WxSITwWw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            I'm away in Sweden this week...
                            Scouting trip? Can you bring back a clever little playmaker?
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                              Scouting trip? Can you bring back a clever little playmaker?
                              I'll see what they've got.
                              Boston University 2009 Champs
                              Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                                Hmm...
                                Hilarious. I too thought of that exact Parker quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X