Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    After watching #7 play last night in W-B/S, IMHO he should have stayed another year.

#36 on the other hand...*sigh*. Near S.O. (Albany scored with less than 2 minutes left in the game) and truly the Baby Pens would have been shelled with a lesser goalie in net.
    #7 is doing very well in WBS. One of only two players on the team that has played in every game. He's learned more in the past 3 months than he learned in the past 3 years. He's a defensive defenseman and another year at BU was not going to improve his offense.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Agreed on Bonino. There's nothing left for him to do here. Already won a championship and shown that he can put up big points. If I were him I'd chalk this year up to injury, declare myself healthy in the offseason, and jump to the pros. If he has another lackluster year, whether its his fault or not, he's in a lot worse position IMHO.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Agreed on Bonino. There's nothing left for him to do here. Already won a championship and shown that he can put up big points. If I were him I'd chalk this year up to injury, declare myself healthy in the offseason, and jump to the pros. If he has another lackluster year, whether its his fault or not, he's in a lot worse position IMHO.
        I agree with most of what you said, especially the last sentence. The only thing I think he hasn't proven here is that he can be "The Guy" on offense. Of course, that was supposed to be his role this year, and his injury didn't help much along with the lack of much of anything around him for the first half, so the answer to that question about his game is to be determined at this point.
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by biggd View Post
          #7 is doing very well in WBS. One of only two players on the team that has played in every game. He's learned more in the past 3 months than he learned in the past 3 years. He's a defensive defenseman and another year at BU was not going to improve his offense.
          The key here is "another year at BU." He might have had more to gain at the college level, but his role at BU was set to be defense first, second, third, etc. In WBS they had some guys they could depend on already so #7 can work on a more all-around game there, if only to a small extent, and frankly defensemen usually need a year of AHL time, especially on a team that has talent already. If Pittsburgh was ready to take him, he can adjust now and finish his degree on his own time. BU could have used him for sure, but I don't think he personally lost anything by signing the contract (besides eligibility ) and made the right choice.
          Boston University 2009 Champs
          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Interesting note from tonight...

Tom Poti got the official C for the Caps tonight against the Sharks... I guess someone had to fill in for Chris Clark for roster reasons, think we can add him to the list of Terriers who have captained in the NHL?
            Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Very quiet in Terrierville recently. Any word on who plays, who sits on Saturday?
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                Very quiet in Terrierville recently. Any word on who plays, who sits on Saturday?
                BU Hammer and I are going to practice today. Whatever updates we get will be in our weekend preview, which should be up either later today or tomorrow. Obviously if there's any big news, that'll definitely go up today.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

USCHO lists Fenway as "vs Boston College..." does anybody know if this means for sure we're the home team?
                  Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                    USCHO lists Fenway as "vs Boston College..." does anybody know if this means for sure we're the home team?
                    I would have assumed BC was the home team... after all didn't they give up the home game to have this?

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
                      there is no "vs" nor "@" on the umass game, nor merrimack game. there was a "vs" on the cornell game.

seems that this implies neither a home nor away game.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't think there was any doubt that BC was the home team, or at least the ones wearing the home sweaters. Which I don't mind, I don't see our boys in Scarlet often enough.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          I agree with most of what you said, especially the last sentence. The only thing I think he hasn't proven here is that he can be "The Guy" on offense. Of course, that was supposed to be his role this year, and his injury didn't help much along with the lack of much of anything around him for the first half, so the answer to that question about his game is to be determined at this point.
                          ?

who does he have to prove this to? what does this do for him, and why now? Nick is 5 months older than Jordan Staal for goodness sakes. i think everyone knows what they are getting in him when the time comes to sign him.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

2 goals for Yip to ring out 2009 but unfortunately in a losing effort.....

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                              2 goals for Yip to ring out 2009 but unfortunately in a losing effort.....
                              I just watched the highlights (BTW, is there a better website than NHL.com? You can watch every friggin' goal). He also had an assist on Wednesday in a win. Both his goals last night were PPGs, so he's doing more than 4th line grinder work. I have to say I'm surprised, but that's great for Brandon.
                              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

With new years, the WJC, and the Winter Classic, I almost forgot that BU has a game tomorrow night....and I believe it is on ESPNU, which means I get to watch it!
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X