Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    The biggest surprise there is that ULowell has fans. What a lame program that every 5 years or so has a better then .500 team. A hole of a school and surrounding area a total embarassment to HE. I would love to see UConn and Quinnipiac replace those 2 Merrimack Valley hell holes in the league with rosters full of 22 year old goons form Western Canada.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW! THE MERRIMACK VALLEY IS A FINE PLACE!
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
      Saponari was listed as being on the third line, but some of the US's top forwards (Morin, Walker, Bourque) weren't dressed tonight.
      Morin was on the ice. He was paired on the "top" line with Schroeder and Brown.

The scratches for the USA were:

Scratches: John Carlson (not with team yet), Justin Faulk, John Merrill, Ryan Bourque, Kyle Palmieri, Luke Walker
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post

YOU TAKE THAT BACK RIGHT NOW! THE MERRIMACK VALLEY IS A FINE PLACE!
        Love Andover, N. Andover not so much Lowell, Dracut, Methuen,Billerica and Tewksbury, Wilmington so-so.

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
          And it looks like Yip has played five minutes through two periods in his NHL debut and already taken a penalty.
          Gotta get in the boxscore somehow...

Sounds like this will likely be a short call up, thy just want to see what he can do. Hey, if nothing else, the extra pay can help with the Christmas shopping.
          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Gilroy back up on the Rangers from Hartford.
            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

US WJC roster cut to 24. Nicastro and Warsofsky still among the eight defensemen in the running.
              "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Originally posted by kennedy View Post
                US WJC roster cut to 24. Nicastro and Warsofsky still among the eight defensemen in the running.
                Saponari still in, or is he out?

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                  Saponari still in, or is he out?
                  Out.
                  "I try to be 100% realistic outside of the arena and 100% enthusiastic inside the arena. Not saying that's the only way, the right way, the best way, or even a good way - just my way." -LynahFan

Comment

Out.
                    Figured as much.

Photography

Comment

Out.
                      he shouldnt even have been there.

once again, USA hockey has to pay lip service to the USNTDP, despite some of the busts that come out of there. by doing that, they omit invites to deserving people that should make the team and it just leads to more tournament failures for us.
                      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        he shouldnt even have been there.

once again, USA hockey has to pay lip service to the USNTDP, despite some of the busts that come out of there. by doing that, they omit invites to deserving people that should make the team and it just leads to more tournament failures for us.
                        I agree he shouldn't have been there. Right now he's looking like a bust. But two years ago we said the same about Jason Lawrence and he surprised the hell out of us as a senior.

At one point I was just hoping Saponari would give us three good years before going pro. Now I'm just baffled at his regression.
                        Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                          I agree he shouldn't have been there. Right now he's looking like a bust. But two years ago we said the same about Jason Lawrence and he surprised the hell out of us as a senior.
                          lawrence certainly redeemed himself last season, but i think it had more to do with his supporting cast than it did with anything he did vis a vis personal development.

i dont think the USNTDP has done more harm than good or anything, but I think we put too much stock in the kids coming out of there as if they are all going to be all-stars. the best players to come out of there were the best players going into there. the rest are just benefiting from being on lines with those kids.

Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            lawrence certainly redeemed himself last season, but i think it had more to do with his supporting cast than it did with anything he did vis a vis personal development.

i dont think the USNTDP has done more harm than good or anything, but I think we put too much stock in the kids coming out of there as if they are all going to be all-stars. the best players to come out of there were the best players going into there. the rest are just benefiting from being on lines with those kids.
                            And just because they may have been the country's best players at 15-16, doesn't mean they remain the country's best players 2-3 years later.

Comment

And just because they may have been the country's best players at 15-16, doesn't mean they remain the country's best players 2-3 years later.
                              adam pineault and matt gilroy say hello?

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                                Morin was on the ice. He was paired on the "top" line with Schroeder and Brown.

Like I said last night, not surprised to see Saponari cut. Good to see Nicastro get through the first round of cuts. They'll probably take 7 d-men in the end, and as I said last night, I view Nicastro as being right in that 7-8 range on the blue line. Warsofsky's definitely a lock now because he'll at least beat out Nicastro.

Bringing this all back Comm Ave, what does the lineup look like on Jan. 2 if Warsofsky and Nicastro both make the team? BU would only have 5 d-men to dress.

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                Love Andover, N. Andover not so much Lowell, Dracut, Methuen,Billerica and Tewksbury, Wilmington so-so.
                                Last edited by Federal League; 12-20-2009, 11:51 AM.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X