Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    I believe the time change was made before Legends tickets even went on sale, so that shouldn't have been an issue.
    Yeah, I believe it was. And is the Legends game going to be a full blown 60-minute game? Even if it is, the good news is Agganis is right up the street! Come on in out of the cold and watch the second half of the BU game!

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      Did you not get the email with the time change message? Or because the tix aren't in your name do you not get those? I thought it was well known that the game was at 4pm. And for those of you that are FOH here, the holiday skate will take place after the game.

I was thinking the same thing about the Fenway game. It was cold enough during the saytime hours, but ZOMG - what if this cold snap happens that night??? They had the first skate there this morning with former Bruins. Glad they got the rink finished before the snow hits this weekend.
      Yeah, I don't get those. I figured it was 4pm, but of course this is what I saw:

Poster says 4pm
      Pocket schedule says 7pm
      BU Athletic site says 4pm
      USCHO says 7pm.

BU Hockey: All I Want for Christmas is a Two Game Winning Streak
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        Yeah, I don't get those. I figured it was 4pm, but of course this is what I saw:

Poster says 4pm
        Pocket schedule says 7pm
        BU Athletic site says 4pm
        USCHO says 7pm.

BU Hockey: All I Want for Christmas is a Two Game Winning Streak
        Let's not get greedy. I'll take one win.

Comment

There's a long feature about BU-BC and the Battle of Commonwealth Ave. documentary on the NY Times "Morning Skate" blog. It's punctuated as always with some music videos, including the original "Dirty Water" by the Standells.

Morning Skate is consistently one of the best hockey blogs, but this post has a few glaring negatives: referring to BU simply as "Boston," spelling the first legendary coaches of the schools' names' "Kelly" instead of "Kelley," and--this will surprise John Muse--reporting that Tim Kelleher led BC to the NC two years ago.
          http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...e-of-comm-ave/
          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Yip recalled from Lake Erie to Colorado.
            http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=510392&navid=DL|COL|home
            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
              Yip recalled from Lake Erie to Colorado.
              http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=510392&navid=DL|COL|home
              Oh, so his hand is all healed? Good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                Morning Skate is consistently one of the best hockey blogs, but this post has a few glaring negatives: referring to BU simply as "Boston," spelling the first legendary coaches of the schools' names' "Kelly" instead of "Kelley," and--this will surprise John Muse--reporting that Tim Kelleher led BC to the NC two years ago.
                http://slapshot.blogs.nytimes.com/20...e-of-comm-ave/
                He was a journalism major at BU!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  He was a journalism major at BU!
                  Oh good. So that dis was intentional!

Comment

Former Terrier Cleon Daskalakis skating with former US Olympian and BC alum Alice Cook at today's First Skate at Fenway. Plenty of other sweet photos in that gallery.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Former Terrier Cleon Daskalakis skating with former US Olympian and BC alum Alice Cook at today's First Skate at Fenway. Plenty of other sweet photos in that gallery.
                      Nice to see the Hockey East logo on the dashers as well. Hopefully that will be visible to the national television audience.

Comment

Nice to see the Hockey East logo on the dashers as well. Hopefully that will be visible to the national television audience.
                        You think those watching during the NHL Winter Classic game will have any idea what that means?
                        Boston University 2009 Champs
                        Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                          You think those watching during the NHL Winter Classic game will have any idea what that means?
                          I'm thinking that the college games will be mentioned during the NHL game.

Comment

I'm thinking that the college games will be mentioned during the NHL game.
                            Especially since they're on NHL Network.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I believe the time change was made before Legends tickets even went on sale, so that shouldn't have been an issue.
                              the schedule magnets passed out back when we were looking forward to the season had 4p as the start time.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Especially since they're on NHL Network.
                                This is true. They'll squeeze it in between all the advertisements. Keep in mind that whenever the NHL is on NBC, they try to advertise everything else NBC though.
                                Boston University 2009 Champs
                                Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Working...
                                X