Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
    see? It could be way worse- we could be the Nets! (trying to think positive thoughts, here!)
    With their new Russian backer, the team is being called the Nyets!

Rollie appears today on BU All Access, beginning at Noon ET.
    http://www.goterriers.com/genrel/120309aab.html
    The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Another old Yankee Conference foe just dropped football. BU started a trend.

Hofstra Cuts Football
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
        you're really good with that "let's go huskies" chant... maybe you should have gone to a certain school down huntington...

paws and jonathan could have made great friends!
        No, because one look like he has a cardboard box with a face painted on it, the other actually looks like an alaskan husky. following the youtube trend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nndsDW6eU8E 0:20 for hilarity.

on topic: it's thursday, have we avoided the injury/sickness bug this week?
        Last edited by slurpees; 12-03-2009, 05:13 PM.
        time to write new history

Comment

Brian Strait and John Curry were just on a radio show for the WBS penguins and they talked about Burn the Boats (apparently Brian Strait read it on a bus trip and took it back to Thiessen to point out the photo of him being scored on...) and the BU/BC rivalry.

Strait said that the BU/Northeastern rivalry seemed comparable to the BU/BC rivalry. Eeek! Do we have to tell the Northeastern fans?
          "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Strait said that the BU/Northeastern rivalry seemed comparable to the BU/BC rivalry. Eeek! Do we have to tell the Northeastern fans?
            I'm sure they're quite adamant about that already.
            GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              Unless something happened today, yes.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Brian Strait and John Curry were just on a radio show for the WBS penguins and they talked about Burn the Boats (apparently Brian Strait read it on a bus trip and took it back to Thiessen to point out the photo of him being scored on...) and the BU/BC rivalry.

what's he know?!? he left.

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Well, if NU ever manages to beat us in a significant game maybe they'll get up there. Right now they're #4 on the list behind BC, UNH, and the corpse of the UMaine program
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

This team has some problems, but it's got a lot of heart. They really showed it in the last couple games. They have finally had the time to have everybody out there healthy and in game shape and are starting to get some flow. The guys we need to score have started scoring. Still need to pick it up defensively but they did a pretty good job against Cornell after the timeout.

Both Vermont and BC have had some clunkers this year.

I still don't think it is unreasonable for us to be .500 by the New Year.

This is make or break time. We have 4 home games before we hit on the big stage again. We have to take at least 3 of these and the more Hockey East points the better.
                    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      No, because one look like he has a cardboard box with a face painted on it, the other actually looks like an alaskan husky. following the youtube trend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nndsDW6eU8E 0:20 for hilarity.

Wow ... there are less fans there than at a BU game. Way less.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                        Another old Yankee Conference foe just dropped football. BU started a trend.

Hofstra Cuts Football
                        Not sure BU started the trend. You may not remember this far back, but Vermont was
                        a member of the Yankee Conference and dropped football after the 1974 season.

I wore out an old T-shirt printed with "UVM Football - still undefeated since 1974"
                        GaryH - UVM Class of '73
                        "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

Comment

I know there's a separate area for tickets, and have posted this there as well but I have 2 + 2 for Friday's UVM vs BU game that I can't use. Have two tickets that come with Club access and two additional tickets with a parking pass. Just looking for someone who can use them. Hate seeing them go to waste but plans changed and none of my friends can use them. Email dwp320@aol.com if interested. All in section 103, which is center section on the visitors side. Free.

Comment

..of course not. Just post it hush, hush on USCHO
                            GO NU HOCKEY
                            Always bullish on the future.
                            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by GaryH View Post
                              Not sure BU started the trend. You may not remember this far back, but Vermont was
                              a member of the Yankee Conference and dropped football after the 1974 season.

I wore out an old T-shirt printed with "UVM Football - still undefeated since 1974"
                              i have one of those (wore it on saturday, matter of fact )
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Me too on the ticket thing. My center ice tickets aren't being used tonight. I offered them to every friend and enemy I have and no dice. BU fans only please (Unless you use the tickets to get in and sit in the UVM section) my seat mates will kill me if I put a Catamount fan next to them. Silly, I know, but...

mbaumhardt@hotmail.com
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X