Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Anything for speed, or that has become commonly recognized is fine. Just don't throw in a "<3" anywhere.
    <3
    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
    -
    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
      <3
      I'm partial to : *****http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/valentine-htm/valentine/anim_heart/heartani.gif******

Comment

Well I'm flattered, thanks (both of you)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          I actually could tell you what Gryba had for lunch today, but only because I passed him during one of his 5 trips up for more food. That dude can eat. I typically leave player stalking to others.
          you only passed him once. you were just staring at him the rest of the time to count exactly how many times he got up.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Why not Jwhitney?!
            'Cause if it were Whitney and Jitney they would make us think of UHN fans

Comment

I just did some more math:

We have 6 points through 11 HE games. Looking at the past 4 seasons, we need around 22 points to get the 8th slot, which means we would have to go 8-8-0 over the remaining games.

And if we don't finish the regular season in the top 8 in HE, we will not go to the playoffs.

Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                I just did some more math:

We have 6 points through 11 HE games. Looking at the past 4 seasons, we need around 22 points to get the 8th slot, which means we would have to go 8-8-0 over the remaining games.

And if we don't finish the regular season in the top 8 in HE, we will not go to the playoffs.

Discuss.
                When was the last time BU missed the playoffs?
                "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Hea? That would be never

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Hea? That would be never
                    Wow. So we'd go from one historic season to another.
                    "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                      Wow. So we'd go from one historic season to another.
                      My math is approximate of course, as there is no definate answer as to how many points you need to come in 8th place. Over the past 4 years the 8th seed had: 17, 23, 22, 21 points.

Comment

Some of those years include of course low win total last place teams- which would inflate he rest of the league ( of course THAT team could be us this time )

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                          My math is approximate of course, as there is no definate answer as to how many points you need to come in 8th place. Over the past 4 years the 8th seed had: 17, 23, 22, 21 points.
                          I think a more statistically significant calculation would be finishing at least one point over 9th for each of those years because if the 9th place team has 20 it really doesn't matter if 8th has 22 or 23, just that they have 21 or more (or 20 and the tiebreaker.

The other thing is flat out the team just needs to play better, complete games. I really don't care if they come in 9th or not if they keep playing the same way (I really have no interest in going to Durham, Lowell, etc to watch my team lose a quarterfinals series). No one cares that the Jazz made 20 consecutive playoffs because they never were able to do what they had to once they were there. If they play better 8th place will not be an issue, if they don't play better what the hell is the difference between 7th, 8th, or 9th if we're just going to lose. Even in 2003-04 they did start playing well against UNH (yeah it was late in the season, but it wasn't too late...barely) that it was reasonable to have a glimmer of hope against BC. Who wants to play the role of VDG on this team?

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                            BTW, I actually could tell you what Gryba had for lunch today, but only because I passed him during one of his 5 trips up for more food. That dude can eat. I typically leave player stalking to others.
                            (For the record, when I first met Gryba, I called him "Derek"... whoops!)

*****http://www.hellasmultimedia.com/webimages/valentine-htm/valentine/anim_heart/heartani.gif******
                            Last edited by yankeefn01; 12-09-2009, 04:24 PM.
                            Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                            when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                            "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

In looking back at the season so far and all the ties (3) and one-goal losses (4), this BU team was not that far away from having a .500 record at this juncture if they worked a little harder, had some puck luck, and more timely goaltending. Conversely, this BU team was pretty darn close to having a 3-12-0 record if it wasn't for all the come-from-behind ties and the win @ Harvard.

The things that have disturbed me the most so far this season:

* For all the times last year's team scored 2 (or more) goals in quick succession, this year's team seems to have a knack for allowing 2 goals in quick succession (usually in the 1st period).

* In the first 7 games, BU allowed 19 goals for a 2.71 goals-against. Not terrible, but not good when BU was only averaging 2 goals/game offensively during that stretch. In the past 8 games, they're averaging 3.38 goals/game on offense (not bad - although there were two 6-goal outbursts), but are allowing 4.00 goals/game. No team in D1 college hockey will win many games by allowing 4 goals/game on average.
                              Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 12-09-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Pereira out a month after having hernia surgery earlier this week. Parker's hopeful he'll be back for the BC game at Fenway. Check the link in my signature for details.
                                Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X