Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    what you should be embarrassed about is using the nicknames shatty, straity, and scooby as if the players were your 5 year old sons or you were their coach. how depressing is it when a player's name already ends in y? that totally ruins the nickname potential. I wish Parker would consider these things more in recruiting.
    Hey, I take credit for "Fidel" for the Nicastro kid and nothing else. However, I did mention awhile back that Parker should have recruited a kid named Gay to play on the team with Strait. Then we could all laugh when Jim Prior announced, "and that's Strait from Gay on that score" over the PA system after a goal.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      We call him Parker Milner.
      Imagine that!

(For the record, when I met him in September I called him "Patrick"... whoops!)
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Also for the record, rover, I definitely approve of Fidel Nicastro. I really do laugh every time I read that.

So what's the story with "Lee" Trivino? Do we have to wait until he leaves BU to call him a bust yet? Very disappointed with him!!
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Well played.

(gotta give credit where its due!)

Comment

The question was rhetorical (as would have been obvious had you not deleted the original part of the quote) because your answer was the only plausible one. Still, Milner is a much less unwieldy name than something like Shattenkirk which becomes very burdensome. 'Shatty' is not a creative nickname by any means, but the media and fans honor locker room nicknames in the pros, I don't see why we shouldn't use them here other than to avoid the painful vicarious embarrassment felt by BC fans.
            Boston University 2009 Champs
            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
              The question was rhetorical (as would have been obvious had you not deleted the original part of the quote) because your answer was the only plausible one.
              I know, I was just trying to be a little funny. You're thinking too hard!

My friends and I are trying to come up with an easy way to distinguish between Joe and Steve Whitney. I'm a fan of using first names only in *rare* instances, typically when the person is amazing. See: John, Paul, George, Ringo, Elvis... Joe and Steve aren't quite there yet.

We tried calling one "Whit" and one "Whitney," but it wasn't really as clear as we'd like. Personally I like calling Joe "Whit" and Steve "Little Whit."

It works. *****http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/noidea.gif******
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              Also for the record, rover, I definitely approve of Fidel Nicastro. I really do laugh every time I read that.
              ChrisCo's also pretty good
              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-09-2009, 09:12 AM.
              Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
              Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
              Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

I know, I was just trying to be a little funny. You're thinking too hard!

My friends and I are trying to come up with an easy way to distinguish between Joe and Steve Whitney. I'm a fan of using first names only in *rare* instances, typically when the person is amazing. See: John, Paul, George, Ringo, Elvis... Joe and Steve aren't quite there yet.

We tried calling one "Whit" and one "Whitney," but it wasn't really as clear as we'd like. Personally I like calling Joe "Whit" and Steve "Little Whit."

It works. *****http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/noidea.gif******
                Whitney and Swhitney. Problem solved.
                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                  Why not Jwhitney?!
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    SteveW?
                    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                      SteveW?
                      WSteve?

Definitely not the same ring as FSteve
                      I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                        what you should be embarrassed about is using the nicknames shatty, straity, and scooby as if the players were your 5 year old sons or you were their coach. how depressing is it when a player's name already ends in y? that totally ruins the nickname potential. I wish Parker would consider these things more in recruiting.
                        Mostly just a result of working the blog, actually. Trying to give some semblance of play-by-play gets tough when you have to type out Shattenkirk, Warsofsky, Rollheiser, etc. My typing skills are decent, but Shatty, Warso and Rollie roll off the fingers much quicker and leave less room for potential typos that I have to go back and fix.
                        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                          Mostly just a result of working the blog, actually. Trying to give some semblance of play-by-play gets tough when you have to type out Shattenkirk, Warsofsky, Rollheiser, etc. My typing skills are decent, but Shatty, Warso and Rollie roll off the fingers much quicker and leave less room for potential typos that I have to go back and fix.
                          Have someone program an AutoCorrect
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Hey, where is Jofa, anyway? That guy is great and never comes around anymore.

Comment

Anything for speed, or that has become commonly recognized is fine. Just don't throw in a "<3" anywhere.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                                i dont have a problem with any of that. but we both know it doesnt stop there. and i'm not just indicting you.

for the record, i greatly enjoy your blog. its well done
                                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X