Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska @ WMU- we rode a Wildcat, now lets try a Bronco.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska @ WMU- we rode a Wildcat, now lets try a Bronco.

Thought I'd try to start a thread. We should sweep like last week and the week b4 that and b4 that one. And we know how those went.

Re: Alaska @ WMU- we rode a Wildcat, now lets try a Bronco.

Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
    Thought I'd try to start a thread. We should sweep like last week and the week b4 that and b4 that one. And we know how those went.
    Just a correction, you didnt sweep. In the eyes of the NCAA, you tied twice. Im the eyes of the CCHA you got 4 out of 6 points.

Congrats last weekend though, your team has some great young talent on it. Best of luck, until we meet again at the Joe?
    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
    2006-2007: 15-24-2
    2007-2008: 20-20-4
    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
      Just a correction, you didnt sweep. In the eyes of the NCAA, you tied twice. Im the eyes of the CCHA you got 4 out of 6 points.

Congrats last weekend though, your team has some great young talent on it. Best of luck, until we meet again at the Joe?
      I didn't say we swept. I said we should have, like we should have the last 3 weekends but ended up w/ splits.

Comment

Originally posted by 1/2 nook View Post
        I didn't say we swept. I said we should have, like we should have the last 3 weekends but ended up w/ splits.
        Ah, I get it now. Anyone have any insight on Western? Ive notice them making headway in the polls a few weeks ago, but that has since disappeared.
        Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
        1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
        2006-2007: 15-24-2
        2007-2008: 20-20-4
        2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

You're gonna have a really tough time with the Broncos. They're playing some great hockey. You won't be able to score enough goals to even keep it close. I really hope you don't think you have a chance against a team that has gone 1-7-2 in CCHA play.

Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

We should "sweep" the Broncos like we should have "swept" BG. Don't underestimate the Broncos; I remember sitting in the stands at the Carlson almost a year ago watching the Nooks fall asleep in the 3rd against WMU, and losing in OT. No weekends off in the CCHA.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Every team thinks they’re leaving winnable points on the table. Is this a sign of parity or mediocrity? And just what does that table top look like through last weekend?
              *****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SCAN0005.jpg******

I’m not sure what this means, but I found it interesting. A quick look at where a team won points (read across), or where a team has dropped points (read down). UM and FSU have played eight games, everybody else ten.

All I know is the Nooks can’t look ahead. Western has been in almost every game and we could easily lose two on the road if we don’t work our butts off. We have not looked particularly good on the road or on the smaller rinks. Western took five points from LSSU and recently tied Miami.

But the Nooks need to finish strong these last two series before their dreaded month long break. Let’s go boys. Don’t leave any gas in your tank or points on the table.

Go Nooks!

Comment

The one thing we do know about Western is that they can score, and right now our defense and goalkeeping haven't been at the top of their game. Lets hope Scott has a good weekend and our young players play better on their second road trip, because this is the end of the "easy" part of our schedule, it really gets tough from next week on to the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                  Every team thinks they’re leaving winnable points on the table. Is this a sign of parity or mediocrity? And just what does that table top look like through last weekend?
                  *****http://i130.***********.com/albums/p248/mmffbks/SCAN0005.jpg******

I’m not sure what this means, but I found it interesting. A quick look at where a team won points (read across), or where a team has dropped points (read down). UM and FSU have played eight games, everybody else ten.

All I know is the Nooks can’t look ahead. Western has been in almost every game and we could easily lose two on the road if we don’t work our butts off. We have not looked particularly good on the road or on the smaller rinks. Western took five points from LSSU and recently tied Miami.

But the Nooks need to finish strong these last two series before their dreaded month long break. Let’s go boys. Don’t leave any gas in your tank or points on the table.

Go Nooks!
                  parity. Best league in the country right now. Top to bottom.
                  All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

Not much of a thread, I guess.
                    All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

Comment

The 'Nooks flight out of Fairbanks got cancelled yesterday, and the team was basically a day late getting into Kalamazoo. No Wednesday skate as a result. Hopefully this won't affect the guys this weekend.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

I think I'll start drinking heavily now.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          I think I'll start drinking heavily now.
                          No kidding.

I was at work and didn't get to listen or really check in on the game, but I can't say I'm surprised. WMU's given us fits in the past, they're in the cellar, which seems to mean an automatic win for them, and it's a Friday in CCHA play. Anybody who saw the game able to give any insights? After BG and LSSU I can't imagine that the Nooks wouldn't take WMU seriously.

Comment

I'm getting sick of this pattern.

Comment

Figures. I was mentally prepping myself to kick start my yearly *****fest about Culhane and they pull off a win.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X