Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

alrighty. we have a game friday night. BU is on a roll ( ) with 1-0-2 in their last three (all OT ). Vermont is, um. just beat Ylae.

Vermont has own'd tha chiefs at HAA last couple games.

KM's turn friday. Nick Bonino has scored the last couple.... could be ready to explode.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

Must spread rep
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 12/04

i need to update this....

it will be #19 vermont @ #29 BU

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yea, come on now. No need to disparage your opponent. Vermont is the defending Frozen Four entrants via wins over powerhouses Yale and Air Force (not only a college hockey powerhouse but also a team that is awesome at hockey because their kids will defend this country some day and that makes them all great on the ice according to one UVM fan... hi grantfan).

In Vermont, that counts for something. Actually, it counts for a whole lot in Vermont.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Yea, come on now. No need to disparage your opponent. Vermont is the defending Frozen Four entrants via wins over powerhouses Yale and Air Force (not only a college hockey powerhouse but also a team that is awesome at hockey because their kids will defend this country some day and that makes them all great on the ice according to one UVM fan... hi grantfan).

In Vermont, that counts for something. Actually, it counts for a whole lot in Vermont.
          Yes we are actually proud of the men and women who serve our country honorably.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

I have seen Boston University (national champions last year, **umm currently in last place in Hockey East) play a few games this year live and on T.V. And they are obviously not the same team they were last year. Should be a good game despite their poor record in league play and play in general. Although, I think Vermont(not champions LAST YEAR and losing their final games in the last two years to the national champions,** currently making the playoffs in Hockey East) wins this one closely. The name on the jersey for the terriers and the inconsistent play of UVM scares me a little bit. This makes for an exciting game.
            However, UVM shut down one of/the top offense in the nation on Monday and hopefully this carries over to a BU team with a slightly less potent offense. Could be a turning point game for both teams that jump starts the second half of the season.

Comment

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 1

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
              I have seen Boston University (national champions last year, **umm currently in last place in Hockey East) play a few games this year live and on T.V. And they are obviously not the same team they were last year. Should be a good game despite their poor record in league play and play in general. Although, I think Vermont(not champions LAST YEAR and losing their final games in the last two years to the national champions,** currently making the playoffs in Hockey East) wins this one closely. The name on the jersey for the terriers and the inconsistent play of UVM scares me a little bit. This makes for an exciting game.
              However, UVM shut down one of/the top offense in the nation on Monday and hopefully this carries over to a BU team with a slightly less potent offense. Could be a turning point game for both teams that jump starts the second half of the season.
              Two straight wins over Yale for UVM. If I were a BU fan, I'd be peeing my pants right now.

Bulldogs, Bulldogs, bow-wow-wow...
              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
              -
              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Re: Boston Unversity (defending national champions) host Vermont (defending..ummm?) 1

Originally posted by adidasjerry View Post
                Vermont(not champions LAST YEAR and losing their final games in the last two years to the national champions,** currently making the playoffs in Hockey East)
                Is this supposed to mean something in English?
                -

Comment

This thread is full of win.
                  Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    Two straight wins over Yale for UVM. If I were a BU fan, I'd be peeing my pants right now.

Yes, and both last season and this season Yale was ranked higher then BC.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Not for nothing, but why are the UVM fans of this forum disproportionately illiterate? I mean, some of them are great contributors, but geez.

It's like they have the men's forum's version of 'papulaisle' with half of their fan base.
                      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-01-2009, 12:03 PM.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        Yes, and both last season and this season Yale was ranked higher then BC.
                        As you can see, the difference between Yale and Vermont is that Yale doesn't raise a banner for these sorts of things.
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                          Yes we are actually proud of the men and women who serve our country honorably.
                          And you also think they could win the Stanley Cup because they serve our country (at least grantfan does). That's great and all, but ... oh heck...

RAISE A BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

With all that said, go Vermont!
                            -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post

Translation. I do not care about last year. Different team. Different Year. “Both teams are completely different from last year,” Vermont head coach Kevin Sneddon said. CURRENTLY, UVM is ahead of BU since BU is CURRENTLY in last place in Hockey East. It is weird how you do not get any points for last year's wins. However, beating a ranked team THIS YEAR no matter how good you guys really think they are will help in the Pairwise rankings at the end of the year. Yes we made it to the Frozen Four last year. And yes I enjoyED it. However, that is all in the past and I am just looking forward to the next game. UVM needs to improve in all categories and so does BU.
                              Also, BCWH The Bulldogs rank first in the country in scoring at 4.56 goals per game. At least before Monday. I am just going on current statistics. Not on some subjective judgment based on the name of the hockey program. You should really do your homework (Also, are you really a true BC fan? I find it hard to believe you are checking out a BU post when you are not playing them. If you just like college hockey then props to you)

Comment

Working...
                              X