My Money's on the team in Green... MSU @ NMU Dec 4/5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Money's on the team in Green... MSU @ NMU Dec 4/5

MSU is coming off of two losses in the College Hockey Showcase. NMU is coming off of two ties/shoot out losses to UA_.
    The Berry has not been a friendly place for MSU recently, the visit latest for the Spartans resulting in an early exit from the CCHA tournament last year. However, the Berry hasn't been a friendly place for the home team either, with the first home regular season wins for the 'Cats coming two weeks ago against Nebraska-Omaha.

Discuss.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: My Money's on the team in Green... MSU @ NMU Dec 4/5

Crap, I was hoping to only see State once this year. :-p
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Well i hope Northern performs poorly, allowing for 2 easy wins for the good guys.

Comment

NMU has only lost one game in November, going 4-1-3 all against TUC's. Their performance against UNO two weeks ago was nothing short of domination. I see us *gasp* sweeping. The last four games MSU has played at the Berry Northern has dominated, and the team is playing really well at the moment.

Let's get 6!
        Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
        M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Its pretty simple to say that this series is the turning point for either team this season. MSU losing four straight cant afford to lose points in the CCHA while sitting at 2nd place.

Northern is at home supporting a 6 game unbeaten streak. For this team, at this point of the season anything under 3-4 points at home would be a disappointment.
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
            Well i hope Northern performs poorly, allowing for 2 easy wins for the good guys.
            But Michigan doesn't play Northern this weekend...
            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Oh God...
              Always a Wildcat...
              Originally posted by Kepler
              If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                It's pretty simple to say that this series is the turning point for either team this season. MSU losing four straight can't afford to lose points in the CCHA while sitting at 2nd place.

Northern is at home supporting a 6 game unbeaten streak. For this team, at this point of the season anything under 3-4 points at home would be a disappointment.
                If Michigan State can manage to locate its power play - or if they can manage to beat a defender or two and shoot from close range - then look out. If they can quit making foolish mistakes like the pass that set up the game-winner for Minnesota on Saturday, then look out. If not, the home team is safe.
                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                - Mark Twain

Comment

I can confidently predict zero posts from juvenile U-M junkies this week.

Oh snap

Comment

Congrats on a terrific November!!! I agree the series is a turning point for both teams. I see a split in the making. One hint: STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!

Comment

Originally posted by kariya View Post
                      Congrats on a terrific November!!! I agree the series is a turning point for both teams. I see a split in the making. One hint: STAY OUT OF THE PENALTY BOX!
                      I couldn't agree more with this statement... At one point UAF was 4 for 8 on the powerplay. The Cats need to play better and stop making/taking stupid penalties.

The Cats need to play 60 full minutes of Hockey as well to be consistent. Its time to Play Wildcat hockey....................

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Sound like I'm repeating myself, geez.......

Time to prepare for this week for Sparty. Focus on this team--probably the same preparation needed a few weeks ago against UNO. The Cats can do it.............

Hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving!!!!!! Time to work out and burn some calories gained from last week............

I ate so much for three straight days that I need the whole month now to prepare for X-Mas and New Years......... All I want for X-MAS is Wildcat Hockey Team wins for the rest of the year....

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Congrats to Gregor Hanson being named CCHA offensive player of the week. Two consecutive 6 point weekends.

I doubt he can keep up a three point a night pace but hopefully he and his linemates continue their high energy.

MSU scares me. This is not last years Spartan team. From what I hear they're stronger and faster. Plus Comley will have them more than ready after this past weekend's performance vs the WCHA.

I hope both games can be near sellouts. A loud Berry would help the Cats tremendously.

Comment

Goaltending Leaders
                            Name, Yr GP W L T GA MIN GAA SH SV
                            Reid Ellingson, So 8 2 2 1 9 313 1.7251 1 137 SV% .938
                            Brian Stewart, Sr 10 3 3 3 31 539 3.4522 0 262 SV% .894

I know Stewy is supposed to be our guy in net, but looking at the stats you have to wonder what else Reid needs to do in order to get a true shot at being the starting goalie. Granted looking at wins and losses it's pretty even, but Reid is second in the country in SV% and fifth overall in the country. Stewart doesn't even crack the top 30 overall and is not within the top 20 in SV% as well. I'm not saying Stewy isn't a good goalie, but what we need right now is consistency in net not a consistent game of Stewy starts and Reid comes in to save the game. There's a reason why Reid was ranked as the 5th best North American Goaltender for the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. It's time to stop worrying about hurting Stewy's feelings by starting Reid, and teach Stewy that if he wants to be the starter he needs to play like one consistently. It may just be what he needs, and the possibility of having two consistently good goaltenders is a risk worth taking compared to the status quo of Stewy is our starter, but his inconsistency causes us to send in our consistent goalie consistently.
                            Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                            NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                            Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                            Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                              Goaltending Leaders
                              Name, Yr GP W L T GA MIN GAA SH SV
                              Reid Ellingson, So 8 2 2 1 9 313 1.7251 1 137 SV% .938
                              Brian Stewart, Sr 10 3 3 3 31 539 3.4522 0 262 SV% .894
                              It's the Kowalski / Tarkki situation all over again.

and I'm still rooting for #35...
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                              X